Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RamadasYour feedback matters!
My daughters age is 11 years .she attained puberty today on 3rd October 2016. I just wanted to know what is the correct age for puberty. And what diet should be given to her in her first periods. As the bleeding is very little. Is it normal? Could you please provide me with the do's and don't for first timers.
She is 30 years old having 6 years old daughter. Suffering from high heels pain. Some swelling also in her heels.
The Growing Child: 1 to 3 Months
How much will my baby grow?
While all babies may grow at a different rate, the following indicates the average for boys and girls 1 to 3 months of age:
Weight: average gain of about 1½ to 2 pounds each month
Height: average growth of over 1 inch each month
Head size: average growth of about ½ inch each month
What can my baby do at this age?
As your baby begins to grow, you will notice new and exciting abilities that develop. Babies at this age begin to relax the tight muscle tone of newborns and begin extending their arms and legs more. While babies may progress at different rates, the following are some of the common milestones your baby may reach in this age group:
Some of the newborn protective reflexes begin to disappear
Neck muscles become stronger, head bobs then is held erect
Turns head from side to side when placed on belly
Brings hands or objects to mouth
Looks at hands
Follows light, faces, objects
Listens to sounds
Opens and closes hands
Holds, then drops a rattle or other object
Active leg movements
At the end of 3 months:
Raises head and chest when placed on belly
Beginning to reach hands to objects, may bat at hanging object with hands
What can my baby say?
It is very exciting for parents to watch their babies become social beings that can interact with others. While every baby develops speech at his or her own rate, the following are some of the common milestones in this age group:
Begins to imitate some sounds (coos, vowel sounds)
Cries become more purposeful and are different for hunger, fatigue, and other needs
What does my baby understand?
A baby's understanding and awareness of the world around him or her increases during this time. While babies may progress at different rates, the following are some of the common milestones in this age group:
Knows familiar voices, especially of mother and father
Smiles in response to others
Responds to social contact, may coo
Moves arms, legs, body in rhythm with other's voice
How to help increase your baby's development and emotional security
Young babies need the security of a parent's arms, and they understand the reassurance and comfort of your voice, tone, and emotions. Consider the following as ways to foster emotional security of your newborn:
Hold your baby face to face and make eye contact.
Talk to your baby with a soothing, animated voice throughout the day while dressing, bathing, feeding, or playing with your baby.
Sing to your baby.
Give your baby rattles and soft toys with different sounds.
Let your baby hear different sounds (for example, wind chime, ticking clock, soft music, or music box).
Show your baby bright pictures of black and white images.
Hang a mobile with bright objects above your baby.
Call your baby by name.
Hold your baby during feedings and provide comfort when he or she is distressed and cuddling when happy.
Hey doc We are planning to go somewhere by train. Journey will be overnight. I am worried about my 1.5 years baby because he used to drink milk 2-3 times in night and there is no milk available on the way. What should I do? In what ways I can prevent milk?
My baby is 7 months old only she was suffering from loose motions from last 2 days we have consulted Dr. He suggested medicine darolac and zenflox oz. What ever food we are feeding that is directly coming in motion. Please give me suggestion.
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
A patient came to me with the complaint of chronic unproductive cough I advised him CECT chest his report depicts upper right lung modulation what should I do? Please suggest.
My 7 year old son is suffering for cough. He have allegorical problems and now a days he can't breath properly and both nose blocked. Different pediatrician doctors referred antibiotic. Still he didn't get any relax. So please help.
My son of 9 years studying in 5th standard is diagnosed with adhd with learning difficullty. Its minor but still there. He forgets the things and has lack of concentration resulting commit silly mistakes. Since I am aware of it now I have started behaving nicely and diplomatically. He is improving as far a behaviour is concerned. But still memory and careless mistakes problems are there. Please guide me so that at home I can help him to come out of this problem. Should I go for ourtside help means classes for adhd kids?
I have 9 month old son still breast feeding. He bad sleeper all time more aft and night. I am plan to give him jaifal how many strokes to rub in stone. I do not know how much to give.
My 7 month baby suffering from cold and nose block. Now that time m give her wikoryl AF and Atarax. 0.5 ml three time in a day. Is it ok for cold? please suggest for best medicine for her.
Hi My child is 9 months old recently he had developed some infection in the front end area of the penis, I am not sure if it is a external injury or internal infection. There is swelling on penis and during urination it's normal he don't cry but while external touch he is crying. Is that something I need to worry about please advise.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.