Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramadas
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RamadasYour feedback matters!
My baby is breastfeeding. At the time of birth he was only 3.3 kg. After passing 45 days, he is now 4.0 kg. After getting two different lab reports of his stool there is no occult blood seen and thus doctor said there is no blood in his stool. But we see there is some little drops of blood in his stool when he passes every time.
My grand son is hyper active. He is 5 years old. All the time he does some thing without caring for its consequences. Please advice what do we do to change him.
My daughter is 1 month 17 days old. She always put her tongue out as if she feels retch or vomiting tendency. She do this always from birth. It increases after she is being feed. I also observed spit bubbles in her mouth.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 5 and half months old. She consume only my breastfeed and two spoons of nestum rise. Her weight is also less that is 4, 600 kg. What shall I do to increasing her weight.
My baby is 3.5 months old and his appetite is very less. He is not consuming proper milk. He is just consuming around 350 ml mother feed. His weight was 4.9 at 3 month old. Can I give liv 52 drops to increase his appetite? I am already giving him calcium, vitamin d and iron drops. Please suggest.
My 4 years son has tested positive for c. The size of induration is 25x30 mm. Is it confirmed TB. Or we should go for any other test ?
I have blessed with a baby boy on 16 jan 2016 now he was 28 weeks old when he was born and his weight is 1 kg 300 gm and now he has weight of 1 kg 400gm I want to know that when he will discharge from hospital is he safe in hospital or he will be safe at home as we can take special care off him 24×7 we should wait or bring him home doctors are saying that he is absolutely fine. Then why doctors are not giving him holiday.
For parents who are not able to accept their child's disability or disorder and feel ashamed to have such a child:
If your'normal' child is not able to become an engineer or doctor or anything you expect/desire, despite having good education and all facilities in materialistic terms, would you call that'normal' child disabled?
In one way, it should be called disability. Because the child has no ability to become what is expected of him or her. Or may be the child has lost that ability because of various psychological reasons (lack of interest, poor focus in studies, low motivation etc.). But you won't feel much ashamed of that child, probably because you think the child is'normal' and can fulfill at least one or more other expectations. But you will easily accept the" limitations" of that child.
- For your'normal' child, disability is a limitation, but for the'abnormal' child, there is only disability. Why disability can't be just called limitation? we all have certain limitations. All'normal' people have limitations. Are we all disabled? I dont have the ability to fly. Am I disabled? or do I just lack a component in my biology which limits my ability to fly. Probably yes. I have a serious limitation that does not allow me to fly. But I never wanted to fly. Your'disabled' child, probably never wanted to become'normal. That child may have some serious limitation which limits the ability to walk or think or relate to others. Can't you identify any such serious limitation in your'normal' child? and what about you? can you identify any serious limitation within yourself?
- If all of us begin to talk about and consider our limitations, then all of us would be proved disabled. Even you too. So who is a disabled child? one with limitations or one with a disorder? I believe both, or may be no one. Both children - with disorder and without disorder - have biological limitations, both have psychological limitations, and both are in fictitious sense, disabled.
- But its better to look at both of them having their own limitations. Because terms like'disability'abnormality' makes you feel you are superior, and hence, you select the one among both who is superior like you. But fact is, you are also disabled in the sense I described above. So you are no more superior. Either we all are disabled / abnormal, or we all have limitations.
- Disability makes one feel sick, that requires a cure and cures kill something within, which is not our, which is not needed, which is not'accepted, which has to die, so that one feels like being born again. But what if disability doesn't have any cure? so it's not a good choice to remain feeling sick and unwanted. It yields feelings of inferiority.
- On the other hand, limitation gives hope of winning, achieveing, and overcoming something hidden or unknown; which already lies within but has to be moulded in a desirable manner, so that one feels accepted and significant. It's a growth. A growth which is possible and takes one to a level of higher potential. There is another form of rebirth in this growth, which gives feeling of acceptance and love, and not superiority.