Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramachandran S
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ramachandran SYour feedback matters!
I am having acidity problem. It make me panic. Abdominal muscles pain back pain. Internally feeling hot body. Sometimes headache and nausea. Please guide.
Hi. I have problems I n my legs nee as it pains while I am sittet more time. Please suggest medicines. Thanks harsh ad.
I m suffering copd 61%since few years feel back pain when get up in morning while sleeping get mouth open &breath through mouth which leaves toung dry less sleep due to 2---3 time urine passing random diabetes 143----125 left nostrils bone increased during slipping of my bike got x ray then doctor told shape change of lungs two year back
Right side of back from head to shoulder covering neck too getting pain. 10 days back one person pressed her neck for sometime and also pushed and beaten. Now can you give me the medicines for this. She is used Acemiz plus 4tables and Daily health supplement women 4 tablets which is suggested by apollo pharmacy but she is not getting relief from that pain Please help me in this case. She is also using volini spray on the neck and shoulder. She is feeling heavy weight on her head and getting headache.
Platelet rich plasma therapy is an extremely promising treatment for anyone with a bone, nerve, muscle, tendons and ligaments injury, especially the athletes. In simple words, it’s a non-surgical way to heal bone injuries like fractures and chronic wounds. What happens here is that Growth factors (GFs) in platelet- rich plasma are used to mend tendons, bones, and ligaments without surgery and stimulate cellular activities that help in the actual healing.
Whereas doctors have used PRP therapy since the mid 1990s to aid bone healing post spinal injuries and for recovery after plastic surgery, it has only been a couple of years now that the benefits of PRP are being explored to treat sports related stubborn injuries like knee tendonitis and tennis elbow. And, the results have been more than just good.
How is PRP therapy done?
The treatment is fairly straightforward and easy to perform. In this doctors take a small quantity of a patient's blood- about 30 millilitres- and allow it to spin it in a centrifuge in order to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the other components of the blood.
- Following this, they inject the concentrated platelets into the injured area.
- In theory, the growth factors that are secreted by the platelets spur bone or connective tissue recovery.
- The high concentration of platelets (3 to 10 times that of normal blood) spurs the growth of new soft-tissue or bone cells.
- Because the concentrated platelet cocktail is injected where blood would rarely go otherwise, it can deliver pinpointed healing.
- The technique can also help regenerate ligament and tendon fibres, which shortens recovery time and prevents surgical intervention.
How does PRP work?
The theory behind PRP is that the body can't on its own transport enough of the growth factors to the area of a bone fracture or a chronic tear in a tendon and formation of scar tissue that can happen in Achilles tendonitis, for example. But by injecting a concentrated platelet cocktail, the transportation of nutrients and growth factors to the site of the injury is enhanced, allowing the body to heal.
The benefits of PRP
- Most people like PRP because it’s non-surgical and uses the body’s own cells to heal.
- PRP is fast becoming a treatment of choice for treating tendonitis and similar ailments, not just in sportspeople, but also the general population.
- PRP is also becoming the first option before surgery because of its cost and the ease of the procedure.
- There is little chance for rejection of the platelets or an allergic reaction because the platelets are extracted from the patient’s own blood.
- The injection takes only about 20 minutes and is followed by a considerably shorter recovery time than after surgery.