Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rama Chandra MadhuriYour feedback matters!
Hi My son is 6 years old and he will not eat properly. He is very thin and weak. I just need your suggestion. Can I give him ZINCOVIT syrup 200 ml which is a Nutritional Food Supplement Pls advice Thank you.
Am breastfeeding mom to 2.6 years son. Sever back ache. L4 l5 upper stomach very heavy n lower abdominal dragged down. How to get rid of it n I am suffering from bronchitis. Shortness of breathing. Heavy flem. I feel my body total punchered. No stamina. please suggest.
My two years old child is very small, and appears to be underweight for his age. What could be the cause, as I look after him very well?
1.5 year old girl child have cough about a week and have changed two medicines but till has cough. What can i do?
My baby is 3 months old. He is stooling after every breastfeed. What is the reason for this and how to overcome this problem?
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of the epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.
Hello Dr. My daughter is of 7 months and my problem is that my daughter tongue is always white due to milk how I can clean her tongue.
My daughter is 6 years old now but her weight is 13 kgs only. From her 1 years to till now weight is constant. She is healthy no medical illness. How will she gain weight and is there any reason behind it?
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Problems in bones and joints
- Sleep disorders
- Liver and gall bladder disorders
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
- Food patterns: You should feed your child a wide range of fruits and green, red, orange and yellow vegetables. Having a proper breakfast reduces chance of obesity and should not be avoided. Focus on healthy cereals and fruits. Other than reducing the intake of chocolates, desserts and fried junk food, food items containing hidden sugar should be avoided. Go for low sugar food items. The meal times of your child should be fixed, and this pattern should be followed. Also limit having outside food. Avoid foods, which contain trans fats.
- Physical exercise: Your child should be involved in regular physical exercise or workout. Let them go out of home and exert themselves, as this would keep them fit and away from obesity. For obese children, exercise will burn calories and help in losing weight.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm 32 years old female. I'm so much depressed for the past 3 months. My husband betrayed me. He's in relationship with a girl of age 31. Both told me that they were friends. But both of them planning to marry in Malaysia cause she's a Malaysian citizen. We've a kid of age 5. Don't know what to do?
I have a chest tightness so where could be the the cause for that? I have CT scan report for chest it says followings Patchy fibrosis strands are noted in apical and posterior segments of right upper lobe with minimal traction of bronchiectasis and right apical pleural thickening Small patchy subpleural fibrosis strands r noted in apicoposterior segment of left upper lobe Thickening of bilateral inferior pulmonary ligaments with focal pleurodiaphragmatic adhesions.
How to handling my child in health and food and all kind of life and tell me how to take care my wife health after born baby.
मेरा बेटा 9 साल का है । काफी समय से उसके मुंह से बदबू की समस्या चली आ रही है । सबसे पहले कोई 3 साल पहले हमने इस बारे में गौर किया था। कई डॉक्टरों को भी दिखाया । लेकिन कोई फर्क नहीं है। वो सुबह-शाम दोनों समय ब्रश करता है। कृप्या मार्गदर्शन करें।
My baby is 7 months old and he fell off from bed 5 days ago and he got very scared. He became dull from that time. Please suggest me how to make him get rid off that fear?
Want to know about PCV vaccination for my 2 month baby.Is it is an important vaccination? ?what is the cost?
Hello doctor, My baby is 10 months old she crawls very nicely and stands too but fears to walk and falls down. So what should I do to make her walk? Should I massage her back and legs and with which oil?
Hello, My daughter is 2.5 year and she has lot of hair on shoulder, arms, thighs, legs and back. The hair color is black so it's very much visible. I have tried besan massage, milk n bread and all home treatments but did not help. I am very much worried as she is loves to wear short and sleeveless clothes and as being female she will face problem when she grows up. Please help if I can do something in her early stage. Awaiting for early reply.
3 crucial things a newborn needs the most
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: one of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: the best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable.