Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rama Chandra MadhuriYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 28 months have diarrhea with occasional stomach aches. Her diet mainly includes milk. She stays on milk the whole morning. Then she has her lunch (rice, vegetables,fish). In the evening she has either milk rawa (suji)/cornflakes with milk/ oats with milk/dalia khichdi and at night for dinner she has chapati with milk. But as of now milk intake have stopped due to her ill-health. What should I give her now apart from milk so that she gets the required nutrients till she gets back to her normal diet.
My baby was eight months old. Past two weeks her stool was gray and some times green color. Is it normal? Before it happens like this few months back I consult to doctor he advice it's normal. But sometimes it's repeating. Is it normal. I'm so much worried about this. Now using Ayurvedic medicine for this problem. But it's continuing the same. please help me.
Hello madam, my son is 11 months. He is very crying at night suddenly. And he is repeated every alternate 30 mins. So please give me proper advice and medicine for his better sleep and health.
My baby birth date is 4 may 2016 but she didn't cry after birth. She has admitted in nursery for 20 day now she is at home. medicine and feeding is done through RT. Now she has began to cry before 5 days. please give your valuable opinion after get well she has any disability or not.
Hi ,my son is 7 years old & his weight is 19. 5 kgs. he is having recurrent fever after every 15 to 25 days. All blood test reports are normal. Doctors said it's viral fever but we are really worried why he is having high fever after 15 days .& this time he has fever with rashes. Calpol syrup & sponging lowering his fever but after 5/6 hrs it come. Also my kid is not interested in food. please give your suggestions. Thank you.
This is regarding my son. His dob iis 25/03/2002. Bt according to his age his growth is not satisfactory. His height is 139 cm. My wife n my height is 5" ft. I already visit to a doc in gangaram hospital. He took so many test n told tat there is no problem and his height will increase after adulteration. Can you suggest nythmg else.
My aunty run out from milk after gave the birth to a child. So please suggest how develop the milk again for feeding baby.
I had 1 month girl baby since born she is not crying and not drinking milk please advise me what can I do ?
My baby is 7 months old. I want to know the baby food. Can I give her banana milk. Orange juice. I gave her lactogen milk. But she goes a green black potty. I don't know. It is due to milk or something else. N how I massaged him. I massaged him by olive oil.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen.
My sister's baby is one weeks old and she cant breast feed the baby as nipple is getting injured. Can I give my breast milk to little baby? my baby is one yr old.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.
Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.
Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.
Hello, my daughter is 13 months old and her weight is 11.3 kg. Is her weight ok according to her age? And also I wanted to know if I can feed her cow milk now. Thanks.
My children id 2.8months and having allergy. He is coughing continually if he does not take monticope 4mg tab on a single day. To stop cough we have give him nebulisation. His allergy level is 239. Please advice how can we stop his continue coughing.
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.