Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ram Prasath
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrasathYour feedback matters!
Me and my husband had an intercourse last night. And since this morning there are blood drops in my urine. This is not the first time we were having sex, and my hymen too was broken 3 months ago. Also I am having a sensation of urination every time since morning, and there is irritation while urinating too. What could be the reason for this? Is this normal or something dangerous? I am really very worried. Please reply soon.
Mujhe kuch month se pesab m baar bar jalan hota h fir medicine leti hu to thik ho jata h but abhi 1 week k jalan ho rha tha to mene same medicine liya jo phele leti thi usse jalan to thik hua but pesab itna jada lagta h ki m presan ho gyi hu hmesa asa lagta h ki pesab lga hi h kabhi asa feel nhi hota ki pesab nhi lgi h or m office jati hu waha sblog k bich baar baar washroom jana bahut awkward lagta h or toilet karke aao phir toilet mehsus, pani piyo phir toilet mehsus, neend aaye tho night ma mujhe koi problem nahi hote par jase he bed se par niche rakho turant toilet mehsus hone lagte hai aur morning se fir start ho jata h pesab lagna .please provide me some best advise and medicine I want your help.
Doctor has prescribed augmentin 625 for urine infection .i had Caesarean last week. Bt now only white mucous stool is excreted. What can I do.
I was diagnosed with UTI with multi drug resistant bacteria which is resistant to all antibiotic but nitro fur antibiotic. My Uro doctor gave me Nitrofurantoin 100 mg to be taken every 6 hours and asked to get admitted immediately if I get fever or nausea. It’s been 5 days, I am taking the meds. I did not get nausea or fever but burning while peeing is as it is. Next visit to Uro is after 10 days. How can I know for sure if meds are working? Apart from this I am taking raw garlic, yogurt and cranberry juice daily.
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
Today maximum of people either go for surgery for fast recovery of the stones or may go for consumption of homeopathic medicines for a safer treatment. But there are also some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda.
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have a problem of recurrent urine infection even though proper precautions are taken. What can I do or who should I consult?
HI Sir, I am 21 years old I getting blood in urine when urine was coming now getting so much pain. Please tell how to control it.
I have uti. How 2 control my age is 19 and I have c section before 2 months my problem was killing and I am getting in active please suggests me to reduce this situation.
Last year I got kidney stone operation and also they kept stent for few weeks so what are the precautions I should follow to prevent again stones in kidney.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!