Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RamYour feedback matters!
I feeling numbness in my finger. Mainly when you woke up but also in other times. What is the cause?
Hello sir/madam, I have a backache since 3 to 4 months along with some neck spondilitis problem. I am govt. Official working as an accounts officer sitting in before my computer or laptops with fingure works in my office. Kindly suggest me what to do ?
I recently came back from a beach vacation and guess my skin suffered sunburns. It pains when touched and has turned dark red at places. What could I do to soothe the skin and to remove the tan?
Sir, I am having right hand thumb joint pain and now recently left hand thumb joint also paining, I am 60 years old and retired from active work. I am having hyper tension (bp) so I am taking tabs since 10 years to bring down the bp to 120-90 from 120-100. No blood sugar. And no other problems. Also tested my blood on some body advise, and come to know URIC ACID SERUM as 7.9 mg/dL. Based on advise I am using colchicum 200 and meg phos 200 for the past 4 months, however suffering with pain still. PLEASE suggest me the treatment or advise medicine. Thanks, RaviSV from Chennai.
I have back pain and in a month am going to marry. Please suggest me something to get out of this problem and satisfy my wife.
There is a tumor on my right arm having small in diameter. It doesn't pain. Should I go surgery for this.
I am 56 years old. I do not have heart, sugar, bp or any problem. Due to excessive physical work since last 6 months I am having knee and leg muscle problem. Got physiotherapy (tft) and exercise (20 sittings) but no medicine. What medicine should I take. I am not on any medication.
I will happy to m to ask before to confirm your reservation please let reply to get back with you and your family are doing great.
I feel pain in leg below knee, pain in throat ,feel headache most of the time even after wake up in morning .Too much tiredness .too much Yawing back shoulder pain where hand and shoulder joint.
I have some pain near some joints in knee, foot etc. It comes frequently not on joints; instead muscles near joints. What is the cause?
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.