Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ram NarayananYour feedback matters!
I am facing lot off back pain which kind of medicine is better suggest me now I am using pain killer tablets.
My mother is 46 years old. She is suffering from waist pain and knee pain for last 4 months. We have tried many pain killers. Ayurvedic medication too. She has swelling in knee also. What to do? Please help.
I have getting back pain from last 5months I an able to sleep straitly when I sleep strait middle of two back bones getting the pain what is tha reason.
I am a 45 year old female suffering with painful swollen feet. My knees also hurt badly I cannot squat on the floor or sit or hunch I weigh about 81 Kgs. My legs are swollen and hurt very badly.
Hi, doctor I live in delhi & I am 34yr old female person. I have a tremor problem for last 4 months. What should I do?
My mother is 67 years old and is suffering from knee pain for last few months. Her blood sugar is 7 hba1c and pp is 212. Pressure is fluctuating day and night. Please suggest how to reduce the pain. Thank you.
My report hlba27 is positive and one Dr. said for recover it wil take 1 year. My issues is my back and thai are paining.
I am 25 year old. But I am having back pain. I use to put hot water Bag every night but the pain again come next morning. Please help me out.
My hand is paining since last 10 days and have a swelling since the same problem what is the fastest cure for this problem.
My mother suffering from knee pain from 6 months. Which allopathic medicine she take to end this problem.
I am 48 yr old. My l4 & l5 operated in 2011, but in 6th month I am suffering from back pain. I consult to neuro-physician, he advice to me again deep surgery l4 & l5.
When I am in sleep I get scams in my leg. What my be the possible reason for this and any suggestions for this problem.
I am 80 year old male and get pain in my legs hamstring. What should I do? I have no diabetes. Borderline bp thanks.
I am 55 years old and feels tied / exhausted after coming back from office. Also feels joint pain. Please Help me to come out of this.
Hello, I'm Shubham. I'm facing knee pain from last one month as I'm also doing gyming. Please suggest me some kind of remedy.
1) I have a flat foot. I can't stand for much longer. Please suggest what to do to overcome this problem. 2) 2 years ago I had an injury in my ankle. Maybe a hairline fracture. But it got cured. But nowadays I feel little pain in the same area in the morning.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.