Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ram Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Ram KumarYour feedback matters!
I have back pain for over 10months near my spine. I took X ray and all and consulted with doctor too. Doctor said nothing with my X ray report. But still I have pain.
Iam 57years old 2weeks back my knee started paining I got the x ray. I went to the family known bone setter. After seeing the xray. He told I have pblm of cartilage due to this getting pain. He changed 3 bandages alternative days and gave capsules 2 m n 2 night for one month. The outer pain has gone. But after sitting I stand or walk I feel pain inside. Please help me. It is already 10 days iam atbhome. I cannot effort sitting at home so long. Please advice n help me.
I have a back pain since past 6 months. Slowly pain radiates to left thigh and buttocks area (back side) and now in right side too. (But mostly in left). Sometimes pain is shooting and unbearable. Back pain is at its worst during sleep and it goes away in day time as I start movement. I'm unable to run and walk (fast). Pain changes its position from buttock to knee. Heat treatment helps a lot. Sometimes I feel weakness in my leg. Night is worst. Initially in February I was unable to move due to shooting pain. My body was seized. I have taken homeopathy treatment. It helps a lot but I want a permanent solution.
I am 19 year old.& suffering from ache valgaris. I don't want to have strong medicines. Can you suggest a way to deal with it. Ache r on my back & face.
Hi 23 years male I have problems in spine my l3l4l5s disk herniated Dr. suggest for surgery I don't want to go for surgery any chances r their to be normal. Pls I have completes of back pain and left leg pain my l5_is 8 mm.
I have problems walking after 1 km. Legs become heavy, stiff and feet drags. Cardio, blood test, venous, arterial ok. What could be the cause and solution?
1) Cervical spondylosis, how to get rid off without operation & pain killers. 2) Nasal polyp, which has closed one nasal way, can be removed or shrink without operative procedure?
I am in a job which is to sit for 8 hours and I'm getting neck pain. Is it because of constant sitting.
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.