Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh P.Gopal
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh P.GopalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cholesterol gland in my body, there are no hurt for me, please suggest solution for future purpose, What should I do decrease cholesterol? What type of diet as well as exercise for help less cholesterol? Please provide details knowledge about this?
The best ways to look after your heart is with a healthy lifestyle.
- Be smoke-free
- Be physically active
- Look after your mental health
- Manage your blood cholesterol
- Manage diabetes
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Enjoy a variety of nutritious foods
These are the basic and easy steps which you can follow to maintain a healthy life. In round the clock atleast reserve 45 minutes for you health, still you have 23.15 hours a day for all other activities. Just think over it.
I am suffering from High Blood Pressure since November 2015 that time was 200/120 now on 21/01/2016 is 130/90. So please tell me ayurvedic treatment.
Hello sir/mam I feel pain in left side of my chest! Pain is just like a middle inside me! What is the problem.
A heart attack is caused if the blood flow to the heart is somehow obstructed by fat deposits, cholesterol or other substances, thereby, forming a plaque in the arteries. The disruption in this flow of blood destroys a part of the heart muscle and may prove to be fatal if not treated right on time.
Not every heart attack starts with a sudden crushing pain in the chest. In fact, about 30 per cent of the cases haven’t yielded any such symptom. However, the signs may vary from one person to another:
- Heart attack might start slowly causing only mild discomfort or pain initially. The symptoms happen to be sudden and intense, persisting for several hours.
- Mostly heart attack induces pain on the left side or the center of the chest. The discomfort generally persists for a few minutes. It can even result in a feeling of indigestion or heart burn, fullness, squeezing and pressure which can turn from mild to severe.
- One might also experience an aching sensation in the upper stomach, jaw, neck, shoulders, back or both of the arms.
- Shortness of breath is one of those very common symptoms.
- Other common symptoms include excessive sweating, exhaustion, vomiting, nausea, sudden dizziness or light-heartedness.
How can you tell a heart attack from a mere panic attack?
Panic attack occurs even more suddenly and induces intense fear, extracting extreme reactions for something relatively harmless. Once the attack subsides, one usually feels week on the knees and tender near the gut. Some of the symptoms exclusive to a panic attack include a feeling of detachment, numbness, hot flashes, chills and tightness experienced in and around the throat, tremors (primarily of the hands) and a constant fear of losing control or of an impending danger.
Although many indications of a heart attack might happen to overlap with those of a panic attack, there are still a few noteworthy differences between the two. Watch out for those signs and get yourself diagnosed properly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!