Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh P.Gopal
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh P.GopalYour feedback matters!
The heart pumps blood to various body parts so they function smoothly. When this blood flow is impaired, then the other organs also cannot function to their full capacity. A heart attack is when there is sudden, abrupt, complete blockage of this blood flow from the heart.
Over the past few decades, a heart attack is one of the major causes of death. With changing lifestyles, it is spreading its presence, and people in younger age groups are seen to have heart attacks. There are various risk factors which put one at a higher risk, though. Identifying these and working on them is a great way to reduce the chances of developing a heart attack. Read on to know the most effective eight ways in which you can prolong the onset of heart disease as well as improve the overall quality of life.
- Diet: You are what you eat. It is as simple as that. Eating a diet that is heart healthy not only helps in preventing heart attacks but also improves overall health. Ensure the diet has variety, is rich in omega fatty acids, less of saturated fats, rich in fiber with fruits and vegetables, and whole grains.
- Move it: The sedentary lifestyle added with the poor dietary habits are the major culprits for increased incidence of heart attacks. Exercise in any form – walking, jogging, running, cycling, gymming – good for the heart. It not only keeps you in good shape but also keeps your heart healthy and active. The risk of heart attacks is greatly reduced.
- Stress: This is believed to be a major reason for increased incidence of heart attacks. Find a way to manage stress that works for you – meditation, music, travel, exercise, etc.
- Weight: Weight management is extremely important for a healthy heart and overall health. The difference between those who watch weight and others is very obvious if you just look at people. As soon as you are above your limits, work on reducing it.
- Smoking: The hazards of smoking are multiple, and upping the chances of heart disease is one of them. Reducing or quitting smoking can change your quality of life in multiple ways, and reducing the incidence of heart attacks is just one of them.
- Readings: In addition to weight, ensure your blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels are maintained well. These are vital readings and are closely connected. They not just help in preventing heart attacks but in multiple other chronic conditions including diabetes and cancer.
- Stay happy: With all these, stay happy, have a good social circle. This helps improve health quotient to a large extent.
So, while a heart attack is beginning to spread its wings, there are definitely ways to control it.
Hi sir my age is 22 I have no bp but I am feeling miss beat in my heart while lying and doing some physical activity is that really tab Abana help to control miss beat I taken all test but there is nothing wrong in my heart could you please help me with this?
I have suffering chest burn in the morning till continue I have taken gelusil tablet but it does not get relief after I feel burning sensation in throat or back please help me its any dangerous or how to reduce it.
Sometimes my left chest starts paining and I feel difficulty in breathing the more deep I breathe , more it pains and suddenly just after a minute pain vanishes but the strange part is it happens during rest once in two months.
She working out to lose weight, today she was feeling weak and her blood pressure has gone down please explain.Please tell.
Hello, Doctor I am here to ask you that if there is any problem when our heart rate per minute is 100 above (like 106, 110) at normal stage?
I am having knee pain and sugar patient. FBS around 140 andPBS goes around 200. Wt 90 kgs. BP normal.
I am on a keto diet and I go to gym regularly. I eat 10 whole eggs a day. They are high in dietary cholesterol. So is it safe to have 10 eggs a day.
I have heart rate problem and also take blood pressure capsules Telma40 What should I take diet to control heart rate problem nd also suffering from uric acid.
The heart is the most important among the vital organs within the human body. The functioning of all the other vital organs also depends on this and thus cardiology is a mightily important subject as it deals in all the problems and abnormalities of the heart.
What is conservative cardiology?
Cardiology is classified primarily into two disciplines, namely invasive and conservative. As the name implies, conservative cardiology is about taking the minimum steps to get the most out of this discipline without the involvement of major surgeries or other procedures. This is done to minimize risks, quicken healing time and be less painful to the patient.
How conservative cardiology works?
Conservative cardiology isn't just a procedure to resolve a certain issue, but a whole type of approach towards resolving cardiac problems. All parts, from diagnostic to therapy have a different approach compared to invasive cardiology. Let's take a look at those parts.
Some of the diagnostic methods may be similar to invasive cardiology as this is usually the first step in finding the problems with your heart. These are mostly non invasive body and heart examinations. Most of these exams will use:
- A high resolution, state-of-the-art 4D ultrasound scanner
- A CAT scanner with contrast agent to find blockages.
Although invasive cardiology uses the same technology now in most cases, there are other invasive methods to detect blockages. One example of this is the cardiac catheter, which has to be physically inserted into the body for detection of problems.
Therapy for conservative cardiology
Therapy is the actual area where invasive and conservative methods stand out from each other. Conservative cardiology espouses the approach of minimum surgery. It doesn't even follow surgeries like angioplasty which is minimally invasive. Some of the techniques that Conservative cardiology relies upon are:
- Lifestyle changes
- Physiotherapy and exercising
- Constant maintenance
- Changes in nutrition to control and lessen risks
- Reducing stress and other contributing factors of heart disease.
Conservative cardiology takes a more of a preventative approach, the moment a problem is diagnosed. It tries to minimize or at least keep the problem in check by instituting smaller changes. Exercise regimens, relaxation routines, diet changes are all a part of this. However the most important weapons are medications which reduce the imminent danger of cardiac arrests or other cardiac problems. These smaller changes along with medications ensure that the larger problems, for which surgeries may be required, never arise in the first place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Dr. I have problems with my sleeping and I cannot sleep well at night and also have gas treble and low Bp at night What I could do.
What causes abnormal ECG? My stress test is also normal and have light pain in my chest and back. After 1 day ECG was normal. I have asthma and undergone uterus operation 6 months back.
I am 32 yrs old. My total cholesterol label is 157. But triglycerides comes >800 & vldl comes 160 & tc/hdl is 5.6. Please give me solution to cure from the said. Thanks.
Hypertension or high blood pressure in common parlance is caused by irregular blood circulation in the blood vessels. High blood pressure has been an established cause for several fatal and critical heart diseases. Middle aged individuals are more prone to heart diseases caused by high blood pressure. Doctors also caution those with stressful lifestyles to keep the blood pressure levels in control. While there are prescribed drugs aimed at curing high blood pressure troubles, a large number of people are reposing their trust in homeopathy for treating high blood pressure.
Among a long drawn process of cures, homeopathic treatments are extremely effective and trustworthy methods:
- Aconitum: Certain high blood pressure conditions have sudden outbursts. It inflicts a fear of dying and acute anxiety disorder. Aconitum abates such situations.
- Argentum Nitricum: At times high blood pressure occurs due to anxiety and mental agitations. Argentum Nitricum is an effective remedy in curing such conditions.
- Natrum Muriaticum: Certain high blood pressure conditions arise due to suppressed anger and stress. Harrowing events of the past and unsolved issues can induce heightened blood pressure levels. Natrum Muriaticum is a perfect solution for such troubles.
- Veratum Viride: Veratum Viride helps in reducing arterial tension and normalizing cardiac palpitations.
- Natural Supplements: For a variety of ailments caused by high blood pressure, homeopathy offers certain natural supplements like Co enzyme, Hawthorne, Omega-3, Vitamin E for remedying blood pressure concerns. It improves heart function and prevents blood clotting.
- Ignatia: To heal high blood pressure caused by emotional upsurges, grief and trauma, Ignatia can be perceived as a useful remedy.
- Belladonna: This is an emergency medical condition caused by vigorous throbbing of arteries which may progress to haemorrhaging. Belladonna goes a long way in taming such untoward medical emergencies.
- Lachesis: Certain bodily changes result in high blood pressure, especially in the cases of women. During the onset of menopause, high blood pressure becomes a common concomitant. Lachesis is used to treat such issues.
- Glonoinum: On certain occasions blood pressure level shoots up due to heat and excess exposure to the sun. Glonoinum is aimed at controlling the blood pressure levels in those situations.