Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RajkumariYour feedback matters!
I have farsighted problem for a year and don't use spectacle for a long time and I can't see very clearly. What should I do? Should I consultant a doctor or started using spectacle. Sir. What are the suggestion you want to give me? If don't want to use spectacle is there any alternative methods through which I can able to see very clearly again.
I have paining in my left eye what is the problem in my eye tell me the way to stop paining in my eye.
मेरे स्वपन दोस होता है हप्ते में कभी कभी तो 4-5 बार भी हो जाता है ।मै मुठ नहीं मरता । सारे परहेज करता हु जैसे खट्टा नहीं खाता , राजमा नहीं खता छोले ,दही, आदि।म कसरत भी करता हु और जब म पेशाब करता हु तो रोक -2के करता ताकि स्वपनदोस ख़त्म हो सके । लेकिन स्वपन दोस बंद नहीं हो रहा। क्रपया मुझे बताये की मुझे क्या करना चाहिए।
Hi this are my prescription details. Axis left eye 135 Right eye =3.5 Left eye +6.00+1.00=135 Can't I have healthy eyes, I. E how can I get my number reduced, I have squint in my eyes Is there any chances of vision loss. Is computer jobs suitable for me, where I have to work 24*7 on pc.
I use computer all day and I have to stare on the screen when ever I have to note down something on the paper from the screen from this i have pain in my eyes what should i do? How do I overcome this problem?
Can cataract be cured with medicine without getting operated once it is been diagnosed at an early age?
I am anuj Manjhi I have passed air force medical there I found that I had a little no. In my left eye. But it is from a very long time it did not increase from that time so I think that it is constant and it is very less I did not fill requirement of wearing a lens or spectacles but a friend suggest that I should wear glasses and my number Will decrease. So I should wear glasses or not.
I am 25 year female. Recently I had eye pain and neck pain .Then I saw a eye specialist my power has increased. My power was (-.25) on both eyes. Now it is right eye -.75) and left eye (-.50) I am using my new glass since last 2 weeks but still I have eye and neck pain and it's most of the time pain on my right part of face. What should I do?
I have spectacles when I was in class 4. Now I'm in final year engineering and my eye sights are near sightedness -3 and -3.25 in both eyes. And I have cylindrical number too. What should I do? And laser operation is possible if I have cylindrical number?
Give me the complete details about lasik laser treatment. I am suffering from short sight. Thank you.
My eye got infected and has swelled very rapidly such that it becomes tough for me to even blink my eye. So could you please suggest a medicine or eye drops to help me get rid of it.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.