Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My heart beats at the faster rate than normal rate. What might be the reason behind this? And suggest me some precautions.
I am 20 years old boy weight 58 kg. I am suffering from chest pain while I breathe in. And feel difficulty in breathing. So please suggest me the check up related to this problem and after this I will consult with recommended doctor.
I had been operated my gal bladder 2 months back. I am taking medicine for high bp. I take the medicine in the night before bed. Morning it showing correct but when I check in the evening bp goes high. Medicine name is 1. Telmisartan 40 mg 2. Torsemide & spironolactone 5 mg once in a day. Is it required to change the medicine or should continue with this only.
My wife is 56 years old and weight 73 kg her height is 4'8" she is taking ayur slim 2 tablets after bf I need suggestions for reducing weight She is suffering from bp and arthritis taking medicine.
I have acidity problem and due to that it seems my left hand and chest pains at times Please suggest measures on how to avoid acidic issues.
Give me correct diet chart to cure BP how many hours walking daily and how many hours jogging and what type of fruits and vegetables to be eaten.
My father is 74 and for past one year he has been having palpitation. He is on medication and his BP is 140/80 which I believe is OK for his age. Earlier he used to go for regular walks, but lately due to palpitation he is unable to gather confidence to venture out of the house. He has consulted many doctors and got several teats done such as thyroid tests, echo cardiograph. All reports were OK. His sugar level on fasting is 135 and PP is 148. But this palpitation has eroded his confidence and he has stopped basic physical activity I.e walk for normal chores itself.
I am 2 years old. Recently I start running about 4 km but after some tym I feel pain in my chest n lungs. Bcoz ogof this I can't eat my food.
My mother has multiple diseases like diabetes with insulin, alser, thyroid, blood pressure and also having breast cancer in past but it has been operated and radiotherapy & chemotherapy has also done. In november 2014 pacemaker has also linked up with her heart.in june 20 2016 she has two heart attacks on same day. There are 8 blockages in her heart and all 3 arteries has also blocked. So Dr. has done angiography and gave a stunt to her heart. Som please tell is there is any way to open heart blockage without by-pass surgery. Angioplasty is not possible.
Bad breath is a dental problem which could also emanate due to poor digestion. It can also be experienced as a side effect of other ailments as well as medications. Smoking and bad diet may lead to this and it usually becomes a matter of low self-esteem as time goes by. Homeopathy is one of the most natural forms of medication, treatment and wellness when it comes to such problems that affect the lifestyle of the patient. These medicines usually combine very small doses of naturally found elements so as to cure an ailment or condition. Yet, it is important to remember that one must get a prescription for these medicines from a professional medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about the types of homeopathic remedies available for bad breath.
- Merc Sol: If your bad breath problem also comes with symptoms like a moist mouth or constant dribbling, then this medicine may be prescribed. This usually happens when the salivary glands become too active and produce more moisture than what the mouth can handle on a normal basis.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is usually prescribed if the patient complains of a dry mouth along with a bad breath problem. This helps in treating related symptoms like the lack of proper hydration due to the lack of thirst. Not drinking enough water can also lead to the problem of dry mouth and thereafter, a bad odour from the mouth.
- Kreosote: This medicine is considered as a very effective medication for bad breath, especially if the bad breath takes place due to caries in the teeth. This medicine can also help patients who are experiencing bleeding gums along with caries and bad breath.
- Hepar Sulphur and Carbo Veg: The combination of these two medicines is known as one of the best when it comes to treating bad breath. The other symptoms that call for the prescription of these medicines include Gingivitis or gum infection related problems and symptoms. When there is bleeding and pus in the gums due to the infection, then this medicine is usually prescribed. Excessive salivation is also another symptom that is treated by this medicine combination. Hepar Sulphur can be used if there is a throat-related infection or ailment that can lead to the problem of bad breath.
- Carbolic Acid: A homeopathic doctor will usually prescribe this medicine if the problem of bad breath is accompanied by intense and perpetual pain in the abdomen. The patient will also complain of gas in stomach due to the ailment that affects the stomach in such cases. This gives rise to many symptoms including bad breath. Loss of appetite is also treated by this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.