Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
My brother is suffering with idiopathic DILATED cardiomyopathy. His lv ejection fraction is 30% Last week he started taking medicines. Is there any permanent cure for this disease Is there any advanced treatment. Available for it.
What prevention should taken by heart patients during summer and what meal should taken in this time.
Hi everyone i am 26 year old and i am suffering high bp problem and thyroid. BCoz of bp I got abortion of 3 month. Now again I want to conceive. How to control bp ?Please suggest.
I have a 7 year old daughter who is very weak. She often fall sick every now and then. But recently I noticed that her heart beat is very very fast. Much much faster than normal. Can you please tell the reason behind it and suggest the solution for this?
Are you suffering from hypertension? This medical condition occurs when your blood pressure level increases rapidly. Hypertension may occur because of several reasons and it can interfere with the overall functioning of the body affecting different parts. It may lead to severe health hazards, such as stroke, heart failure and heart diseases.
Other body parts like kidneys, eyes and limbs may also be affected by hypertension. Here are the various effects of hypertension on different parts of the body:
- Circulatory system: High blood pressure may cause arteries to stretch too much, which leads to damage. A scar tissue may develop within the arteries over a period of time. This is a condition known as atherosclerosis, which traps cholesterol and plaque, leading to coronary artery disease. When the heart’s left ventricle gets thickened, the ability to pump blood gets disrupted. Trapped blood may result in blood clots, which block and narrow the arteries, causing a stroke or heart attack. Chest pain and arrhythmias are also likely to occur from high blood pressure.
- Central nervous system: An unsteady supply of oxygen in the blood leads to the dysfunction of the brain. Narrowed arteries and blood clot block the flow of blood to the brain and this is referred to as a transient ischemic attack or a mini stroke. People with this condition are more likely to experience a full stroke, if the blood supply to the brain shuts off completely. Hypertension is the biggest risk factor for strokes. Mild cognitive impairment and vascular dementia are other effects on the central nervous system due to hypertension. Retinopathy occurs when there is some damage in the blood vessels, which carry blood to the eyes. It causes bleeding and builds fluid in the retina.
- Excretory system: The kidneys too are affected when there is a lack of oxygenated blood supply and they cannot function normally. Due to restricted blood supply, the kidneys may become inefficient at removing toxins for which you may need a kidney transplant or dialysis.
- Sexual dysfunction: Hypertension may lead to certain sexual dysfunctions in men and women. In men, the insufficient supply of blood to the penis will prevent him from achieving a proper erection during sex. Chronic high blood pressure may affect arteries and blood vessels, which lead to the penis and result in erectile dysfunction. In women, the blood flow to the vagina is affected due to hypertension. This leads to vaginal dryness, decreased libido, painful intercourse and pain during intercourse.
Hypertension affects all the vital organs of the body. Hence, it is important for everyone to keep their blood pressure under check and in case of hypertension, proper management is required to reduce the various risks associated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 18 years old. I do not suffer from any type of sexual disease. And I am heterosexual. Though I have e physical problem which is my chest size is larger in comparison with the normal size of men. Its very embarrassing. I can not put on any type of tight fittings tshirt. So I just want to know, is there any process to normalize it without going through the process of surgery. I am ready to have any type of medicine without any side effects.
Please prescribe anti-cholorestorel food I am taking ecosporin 75 --should I continue life long I am having uric acid--should I take medicine?
After 2 or 3 months I get pain in my chick muscle chest and back. Is it symptoms of cancer? I am 21 years old and I am not smoking or drinking going gym everyday.
Dear Sir, from last few days My wife age 31yrs is having sudden pain in Right side of Chest leading to severe Headache. We have consulted many doctors and nothing come out. All says its a Gasteric pain. Also, there is nothing significant found in Lab reports like LFT, KFT, CBC and Specially Lipid Profile, all these reports are normal. One thing more , She is also having issues with her periods, they are not coming properly from few months. HCG test is Negative. We are not understanding what the problem is. Will You please help me out in this situation.Will be very greatful to you all.
I am 61 years male. I have bypass surgery in 2010 and angioplasty in 2011. Is it possible another bypass surgery? Why my artery was blocked after bypass within a year? Please help me answering me. With thanks Arunava Hazra.
Severe hereditary heart imperfection commonly becomes obvious soon after the birth of a child or at some point in the first few months of its life. It is a tragic condition in children and some of the symptoms that are associated with the heart imperfections include rapid breathing, grunting while breathing, swelling of the abdomen, legs and areas around the eyes of the baby.
The baby experiences shortness of breath during feeding and in this way, the baby does not gain much weight. The nostrils of the baby also become flared, and they at times turn pale blue in their skin color. In some cases, the blood pressure of the baby is also very low after their birth.
Congenital heart defects are at times not diagnosed in the early stages of childhood as the signs are not noticeable.
However, some of the signs that are obvious and noticeable in older children mainly include:
- Children become short of breath while exercising or doing some activity and at times these children require frequent monitoring.
- They get tired in no time and have less stamina
- The legs of these children suffering from congenital heart defects tend to swell.
- The blood circulation in these children is very poor
- Holes in the heart occur and typically in the walls between the major blood vessels as well as the chambers.
Do Tests Regularly:
It is very important that a follow up is done with pediatrician regularly and the tests described are performed regularly. In any such case if the problem is significant, then it is likely that your medical doctor would refer your child to a paediatric cardiologist. The paediatric cardiologist is specially trained to identify as well as treat severe heart problems in young children, infants and even in young adults.
Medications Used for Treating Heart Disease:
The condition cannot be prevented and hence to lower the risk of your baby having congenital heart disease it is very necessary that women have a healthy pregnancy. There are certain medications provided by the doctors to treat this condition and relieve the symptoms caused. The medications that are used include Vasodilators to widen the blood vessels so that the blood circulation is improved, Diuretics are used to reduce the extra fluid in the body. The strength of the heart beat is increased by use of Digoxin, and irregular heartbeats can be prevented by use of Antiarrhythmics. However, these medications do not treat the defect completely.