Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv DoraiYour feedback matters!
How laparoscopy can help in treating gallbladder stone and prevent you from severe medical conditions, which can happen because of it.
Hello I am Dr Sudhir Kalhan. I am senior consultant and the CO chairman of the department of minimal access metabolic and bariatric surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a multispeciality tertiary care centre having reference from all over India. Power department specialising in treating diseases of the gallbladder appendix and hernia and diseases related to obesity. Today I am going to discuss common diseases like gallbladder stone disease. Gallbladder as we all know is a small organ in the liver bed. It stores about 30 ml of bile and whenever we have a heavy fatty meal, this extra bile is secreted into the stomach.
Very commonly especially in North India where we take a fat rich diet which is high on lipids and cholesterol we have what is known as gallbladder stone disease. So what happens is that whenever we take a fat heavy meal this gallbladder contracts and produces pain the upper abdomen which radiates it to the back. Gallstone disease can be very very dreadful if these those fall into the common bile duct it can produce jaundice. If did stones pass into the pancreas they can produce inflammation of the pancreas and dreadful disease of pancreas which can later cause diabetes mellitus. Also one of the most dreaded complications of gallbladder stone disease is that 10% of longstanding gallbladder stone disease can go into cancer of the gallbladder which is a near fatal disease.
On the other hand gallbladder disease can very easily be tackle now using a technique known as laparoscopic surgery. Yes Kotak surgery commonly known as keyhole surgery or Telescopic surgery or loosely also as laser surgery requires making small tiny holes into the abdomen 5 millimetres of size which insert a telescope which is connected to a camera. Using this telescope and camera we put and ancillary instruments and bisect the gallbladder of the liver bed and using metallic clips this is then dissected of and removed from the gallbladder. The disease gallbladder is then sent for biopsy.
This whole surgery normally takes about 20 to 30 minutes and most of the patients can start moving around 1 to 2 hours after surgery and typically with 24 hours the patients are back to the normal routines. That means they can move around the can climb stairs they can eat there normal diet and they can go back to the normal works within 3-4 days. So my suggestion to all of you is that gallbladder disease is a very dreadful disease. We should not wait for the disease to advanced.
An early treatment leads to early recovery. Thank you.
I am 46 years old, female - and have black spots on cheeks. Applies foundation only on occasions and regularly uses Avon-Accolade day.
I am 23 years Female. I have got fungal infection in my pelvic region. I applied amphotericin ointment and ate antibiotics for 3 weeks. But situation is same. I have irresistible itching there. Please tell me what should I do.
The gallbladder can be found under the liver and is a pear shaped organ. This four inch organ is responsible for storing bile, which is a combination of the various fluids as well as fat and cholesterol. These are essential for the body and its metabolism, as the bile helps in breaking down the food that enters the digestive system. With the help of the gallbladder, this bile divides the food into smaller parts within the intestine. This ensures that the energy released by the food is more easily absorbed into the bloodstream. There are a host of problems that can attack the gall bladder including stones, infection and more.
Let us find out the symptoms of a gallbladder attack and the various ways in which it may be successfully treated.
- Pain: One of the most common symptoms of a gallbladder attack includes pain. This can be felt in the section that lies in the middle and the upper right portion of the abdomen. The patient may initially experience mild pain that comes and goes intermittently. Eventually, if the pain is not treated, it can start to radiate on a constant basis and hold the patient in its grip.
- Nausea: Nausea and vomiting are also common symptoms of any gallbladder related problem. Chronic cases usually end up experiencing these symptoms. Nausea and vomiting in such conditions are a result of digestive problems like acid reflux which can be caused due to the gall bladder condition.
- Fever: If there is an infection in the gall bladder, then the patient may also experience fever and chills. This will require immediate treatment and the prescription of antibiotics. If it is not treated on time, the problem can become serious and dangerous.
- Loose Motions: Diarrhoea is a problem faced by many patients suffering from this condition along with jaundice and lighter coloured stools.
Treatments: Mostly, doctors will recommend surgical methods to deal with gall bladder attacks and conditions. A laparoscopic surgery may be conducted to remove the gallbladder. Also, medication will be prescribed to dissolve the gallstones that may have been caused by cholesterol. The patient will also have to undertake many lifestyle changes in order to successfully treat this condition over a period of time.
One will have to avoid greasy and oily food. Also, the fat intake of the patient will have to be reduced so that the cholesterol build up does not affect the gallbladder again. The patient will also have to add fibre to his or her daily diet, in the form of fruit and oats. This will help in improving the bowel movements as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Sunburns are caused due to long stretches of exposure to the sun. People living in tropical countries are more prone to sunburns. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun can lead to skin pigmentation that if not treated, can become a permanent skin condition. The worst aspect of sun tanning is that it keeps piling on your skin layer after layer. It is therefore absolutely essential to cover the skin of your face and arms while venturing outdoors.
Medications are effective in certain cases, but in some other cases, the afflicted person's skin is so sensitive that medicated ointments fail to show improvement. Ayurvedic home remedies can be put to use to avoid alarming side effects.
Sunburns are characterized by the following symptoms:
- The affected area is usually hotter than other parts of your skin
- A stinging and itching sensation may develop
- Red and pink patches may be seen on your face and arms or around the neck
- Acute sunburn can even make a person suffer from fevers and fatigue
These Ayurvedic ways can be followed at home to treat sunburns:
- Use black tea to cure sun rashes and sunburns: Refrigerate some black tea if possible. This cold beverage must be applied to the areas that have been harshly affected by the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Applying black tea on your skin multiple times in a day can repair the damage already done.
- Coconut oil is a great way to remove sun tan: Coconut oil has been held in high esteem since ages. It is known for its ability to cure rashes. One must use coconut oil on the red patches every night before going to bed.
- Aloe vera gel can do wonders with your affected skin: Instead of using creams that contain aloe vera; one should use aloe vera gel by extracting it directly from the plant. Aloe vera can heal the burns and can also soothe the burning sensation.
- Cucumber in combination with lemon juice can remedy sunburns: Lemon juice has acidic effects that helps in lightening sun tan. When this juice is used with cucumber paste, the latter cools down an irritated skin area and rejuvenates it from within. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
My face skin is so oily, can I apply vitamin e oil. My skin is very dull and looks like old age skin. My age is 29 years Skin is fair also.
There are many types of dermatitis. Symptoms can vary depending on the type of dermatitis you have:
- Contact dermatitis, caused by exposure to an irritant or allergic reaction, typically shows up as a red, itchy rash that is limited to the area of skin exposed to the substance.
- Nummular dermatitis, common in people who have dry skin or live in dry environments, shows up as red, itchy, circular patches of weeping, scaly, or crusted skin.
- Seborhic dermatitis called cradle cap in infants, causes greasy, yellowish scales on the scalp and eyebrows, behind the ears, and around the nose.
- Stasis dermatitis causes scaling and swelling of the lower legs. Sometimes ulcerated or open skin appears inside the lower legs and around the ankles.
- Atopic dermatitis(eczema) can cause extreme, persistent skin itchiness. However, many times, itchiness results simply from dry skin.
I am 37 years old male and I am having piles problem even I followed veg high fibre diet drinking sufficient water still problem recurring frequently also treated for anal fissure in 2012 and again suffering fissure at same place again now. Please suggest.
My face is fair but my body part like belly are dark in colour please suggest some tips for this problem. In homeopathic. Thank you.
When I do work or go to sun light then my skin gives pain and on the skin red red points type saw after 6-7 minutes I began fresh then how can I began in good condition.
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin and it is very important that the face is washed regularly and moisturized to keep it smooth. Many beauty treatments are available to make the skin look young and radiant, but some of them are also ineffective and do not reduce the effects of aging. Some treatments like use of chemical peels, photofacial treatment and microdermabrasion are useful in returning the glow of your skin.
Use of chemical peels
The use of chemical peels mainly involves the use of chemicals to remove the upper layer of the skin. The layer of the skin is peeled easily as additives or some wax is added in the chemical peels. The remaining cells are moisturized by the acidic solution and it also helps in the promotion of collagen production and gives your face an even complexion. Acne problem can be treated using chemical peels and these peels can be used even on hands and neck. Nevertheless, there are some side effects that are caused by chemical peels as well.
Side-effects caused by Chemical peels
1. Use of chemical peels on the face sometimes causes scarring, characteristically on the lower part of the face. The appearance of the scars can be reduced using steroid medications and antibiotics.
2. The common side effects that are caused by the use of chemical peels are itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
3. Sometimes the color of the skin gets a little more darkened by using chemical peels or even lighter than normal and this condition is permanent.
4. The herpes virus that causes cold sores is flared up by use of chemical peels.
5. Carbolic acid is used in deep chemical peels and it can damage the heart muscles and even cause irregular heartbeat.
6. Carbolic acid or phenol used in the peels can harm the liver and kidneys. Hence, to avoid its side-effects the peel must be used at an interval of 10 to 20 minutes.
Who should not use a chemical peel?
1. Chemical peels are not advised for people who have been taking acne medication for the past 6 months or for people having dark complexion.
2. People with freckles and pale complexion or red hair must not use chemical peels
3. You should not use chemical peels if you have a history of severe outbreaks of cold sores.
4. People having abnormal skin pigmentation or facial warts must also not use chemical peels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.