Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 43 years Old and diagnosed with diabetes mellitus 2 years ago. I am a banker and cannot spare time for walking. What diet and fitness regime should I follow?
Few days my mum. Is suffering from swelling and joints pain we do the rest her hb level is 12.5 gms% ESR IS 34 MM Blood urea is 32 mg/dl Serum creatinine is 0.7 R A FACTOR IS NEGATIVE EQUITY 1: 1 wht shall we do is the report normal. Shall she hv to tk any medicine plzzz suggest us she is already hypothyroidism patient her tsh is 7 she is taking thyronorm 75.
I am suffering from two problem, first is my uric acid is higher side by birth and my liver is damaged now. Second is my cholesterol level is also high.
Can a Diabetic person eat water melon. Can you tell me which fruits will be eaten by a diabetic person.
My father is having a patch in lungs. He has diabetes also. Can stem cell therapy will cure the black patch.
My mother is a diabetic and she got affected from it since 2-3 months. She use to take sugar free with tea and some juices but some people forbade her to take the same and told that sugar free affects and damages heart. So whether she should stop consuming sugar free or continue it as usual?
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
I am diabetic having glucose 1 mg metformin1 mg 1 morning before meals and one at night. But after having break fast sugar after Two hrs. Is 160, 170, 183, also taking Tenepride20 mg immediate after break fast What to do.
My father is 82yrs, he doesn't have any sign of diabetes but with blood test it's showing 236 without eating and 370 after food. He has to go for eye surgery. What to do?
Can high bp, thyroid and urinary tract infection person take Zincovit multi vitamin tablet. Thanks (age 75 yrs)
I am suffered in diabetes last 8 years now I am taking insulin human mixtard both in morning and night I want to convert this to medicine any suggestion please.
Hello doc I am 30 year old and my wife is 28. She is suffering from PCOD and Thyroid .Her weight is 53.20 kg ,we are married 2.5 years back and planning for a baby from the last 2 years but nothing going right. We had changed various gyne but nothing good happens, due to which my wife is loosing hope and also gets upset very often . We did not move for IVF yet . Please suggest some latest technology and good gyne that can solve our problem. All the gyne told that her ovaries are not responding ,her menses are also not regular without medicine.
Sir my wife is 52 years old and a diabetic with not much sugar. From last 15 days she is suffering with breathlessness. She complaints that in the left nose the bulgam is drying and problem starts. Shown to all the concern doctors in bangalore but they say every thing is normal e. G lungs functioning normal, nose is OK heart functioning is ok. Doctors say that it is because of anxiety. She is doing meditation now to get rid of breathlessness. But everything is normal then why again the short of breath is persisting?
My thyroid TSH is 12.93 how can I reduce it despite the fact that I am taking Eltroxin 150 mg everyday? Please Help.
I have thyroid and am taking thyronorm 100 MCG regularly and my thyroid range is in normal. Now I am pregnant I have 2 months and 3days. At the stage of pregnancy I have thyroid and is on 7. So doctor gave me thyronorm 25mcg. And due to some reasons I didn't tell the doctor that I am suffering from thyroid so the doctor thinks that I have thyroid in pregnancy stage and is on starting stage so she gave me 25mcg only. So my problem is how much dose i'll take 100mcg r 25mcg. Pls clarify me. If I use 25mcg is it cause any problem r may I continue 100mcg pls tell me.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.