Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raji
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajiYour feedback matters!
I mar S P Chiddarwar had recent medical check up and in report it was noticed that my Uric acid had come to 9.1 mg/ml which is very high, kindly advice me about medicines to be take to reduce uric acid and what diet I should take. I am a member of your lybra e. My mobile no 9909925804.
T3, T4 normal ; TSH 7.09, report date - 5/2/2016. How long should I take medicine and what should I not eat?
Are you suffering from diabetes and are looking for ideal at home management remedies? Diabetes is a health condition, which occurs when the blood sugar level of the body rises. There are several ways following which you will be successfully able to manage your diabetes. They are as follows:
- Exercise regularly and track your workout patterns. Exercise is the most important lifestyle choice for a diabetic patient, which allows you to maintain a good shape. It boosts your body's metabolism rate and insulin uptake process. By taking notes on your exercising habits, you will be able to make timely and required changes.
- Stop consuming fast food. Try to abstain from eating outside food and reduce your intake of sugar, salt and high calorie food. Meal should be prepared at home using light ingredients and less amount of salt and sugar.
- Quit smoking as it is very harmful, especially if you are a diabetic. Smoking narrows your blood vessels, as a result of which, your blood circulation gets disrupted.
- Increase your fiber intake. Fiber is beneficial for all diabetic patients and helps in smooth functioning of your digestive processes. It also help in reducing your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Take care and pay attention to your feet properly. You should wash your feet in lukewarm water regularly and dry them gently. You should moisturize your feet with a lotion. Check on your feet for cuts, sores, redness, swelling and blisters and consult a doctor in case of an unusual foot sore.
- Get your eyes checked frequently as diabetes affects your vision in serious ways, which may also lead to blindness. Regular eye checkups will help you to prevent retinopathy.
- Take proper care of your teeth which includes brushing and flossing at least two times every day. This is because diabetes makes you prone to several serious gum infections. Go for regular dental checkups if you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes and in case you observe swollen, red gums, consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid stress and adapt ways to eliminate stress. Your body hormones, which are produced in relation to intense stress, prevent insulin from working efficiently, which increases your blood sugar levels and stress levels further. Relaxation techniques are effective for dealing with stress.
- Opt for several small meals instead of a few large meals every day. This helps in keeping your digestive processes active, which in turn increase insulin sensitivity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
On 1st July My Sugar (F) was 126 mg%, then after 3 weeks my Sugar (PP) was 264 mg% in another lab. Then I started diabetic management ie exercise, diet, loss of body-weight. After 3 weeks my Sugar (F) 100 mg% & Sugar (PP) 115 mg%, After 2 weeks my Sugar (F) is 95 mg% & this time I tested for HbA1c which is 4.89%. Now, still have I maintain diabetic diet or I can take normal diet? Still I exercise regularly. My parents had diabetes & they both expired due to diabetes.
I have thyroid problem from 3 years, I have a boll like swelling near neck reason for this problem what I should do?
Q. I'm 59 yr. No blood sugar but having BP. Take Revelol am 50/5 OD. For health check up kindly guide me.
Normal and living life in routine condition with average diet. Faced slight sugar high last year. Now its ok.
Fact-hypothyroidism by itself doesnot cause so much of weight gain.Its simultaneous bad lifestyle that causes weight gain.