Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeswari JayaramanYour feedback matters!
Mai ye jaan na chahti hu k koi ladki agar bf k sath many times sex krti hai phir one year k baad uski shadi hoti hai to kya usko bleeding hoga.
Hi I am 38 weeks pregnant in colour doppler scan its showing single loose loop of umbilical cord noted around fetal neck and estimated fetal weight is 3229gms. Edd is 25 dec 2016 wanted to ask you is there is any problem and what are the precautions should I take. Regards Anju.
Hi, i've been married for 4 years my wife is not able to conceive. All the reports are normal for both.
Hi, I'm 27 years old my last LMP was 8 jan 2015 and I checked on 8 feb I got positive in urine test and went to doc she has done a vaginal scan no sac has seen and then she said for blood beta test that also came positive with 416 miu/ml and then she said that to do the test after 2 days. So my question is this range is good for 4 weeks 0 days and why the sac did not seen and this range can be doubled. please tell me.
The top 11 health benefits of sex:
Regular sex cannot be underestimated as a factor for reducing stress, bolstering self-esteem and fostering feelings of intimacy and bonding between partners.
But the real point of this article is the fact that a healthy sex life can provide for a longer, healthier and, most would agree, more enjoyable life. Among the many health benefits of sex are:
1. Improves immunity
People who have sex frequently (one or two times a week) have significantly higher levels of immunoglobulin a (iga. 1your iga immune system is your body's first line of defense.
Its job is to fight off invading organisms at their entry points, reducing or even eliminating the need for activation of your body's immune system. This may explain why people who have sex frequently also take fewer sick days. 2
2. Heart health
Men who made love regularly (at least twice a week) were 45 percent less likely to develop heart disease than those who did so once a month or less, according to one study. 3
Sexual activity not only provides many of the same benefits to your heart as exercise but also keeps levels of estrogen and testosterone in balance, which is important for heart health.
3. Lower blood pressure
Sexual activity, and specifically intercourse, is linked to better stress response and lower blood pressure. 4
4. It's a form of exercise
Sex helps to boost your heart rate, burn calories and strengthen muscles, just like exercise. In fact, research recently revealed that sex burns about 4 calories a minute for men and 3 for women, making it (at times) a'significant' form of exercise. It can even help you to maintain your flexibility and balance.
5. Pain relief
Sexual activity releases pain-reducing hormones and has been found to help reduce or block back and leg pain, as well as pain from menstrual cramps, arthritis and headaches. One study even found that sexual activity can lead to partial or complete relief of headache in some migraine and cluster-headache patients. 6
6. May help reduce risk of prostate cancer
Research has shown that men who ejaculate at least 21 times a month (during sex or masturbation) have a lower risk of prostate cancer. This link needs to be explored further, however, as there may have been additional factors involved in the association.
7. Improve sleep
After sex, the relaxation-inducing hormone prolactin is released, which may help you to nod off more quickly. The" love hormone" oxytocin, released during orgasm, also promotes sleep.
8. Stress relief
Sex triggers your body to release its natural feel-good chemicals, helping to ease stress and boost pleasure, calm and self-esteem. Research also shows that those who have sexual intercourse responded better when subjected to stressful situations like speaking in public. 8
9. Boost your libido
The more often you have sex, the more likely you are to want to keep doing it. There's a mental connection there but also a physical one, particularly for women. More frequent sex helps to increase vaginal lubrication, blood flow and elasticity, which in turn make sexual activity more enjoyable.
10. Improves bladder control in women
Intercourse helps to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which contract during orgasm. This can help women to improve their bladder control and avoid incontinence. You can boost this benefit even more by practicing kegel exercises during sex (a kegel squeeze is performed by drawing your lower pelvic muscles up and holding them up high and tight, as if you're trying to stop a flow of urine).
11. Increase intimacy and improve your relationship
Sex and orgasms result in increased levels of the hormone oxytocin -- the" love" hormone -- that helps you feel bonded to your partner, and better experience empathic connections.
Hy m 20 years old ,i had started my periods 12 years old ,they were regular but now they are not ,i have seen 2 doctors already and after diagnose I have hormonal problem .they gave me 3 months 21 days pills and a evecare liquid now my periods missed of about 2 and half months .and m taking evecare liquid only .should I continue that liquid and wait?
I am 22 married. Am looking for contraceptive pills. Could you please suggest some good pills without any serious side effects.
My temperature rises to 99.9 f please tell me how much adv crocin I can take as i'm 5 month pregnant (20 week almost completed let me know my body is aching n feeling very uneasy.
Hello doctor My lmp was 3 feb 2016 and now am I seven months pregnant and also due to vomiting am not taking calcium and iron supplements .will it effect my baby.
How much time does IVF with ICSI takes frm step 1 till the implant of embryo. Is it possible to work with the treatment going on?
My girlfriend is suffering from irregular periods and taking medicine for that. Is there any problem in doing protected sex?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.