Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Chennai-600045 and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajeswariYour feedback matters!
Sir mere sarir mein bahut dard rehta hai. Bahut doctor se dikhaya par aaram nahi hai. Ye samasya bahut dino se mere sath hai, Karib 5 salo se. please sir mujhe koi upaya bataye jis se meri ye paresani dur ho jaye. Thank you.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.
Lately I joined Gym about 2 weeks. Am too skinny I do Gym till 1 hour daily. I want to gain weight and muscles what should I do please advise me.
I had a knee injury 5 years before but again its start paining if I am sitting or giving stress on my knee please suggest.
Dr. Says my uncle has a large quantity of protein in their body than required and he also felt pain in their lower thighs pls recommend some cure for this.
I have a big pain in left arm and my knee joint over two days. I have hair loss one by one. I am in problem help me immediately.
Last night I ate a Gobi fast food and it cannot digested and today I have body pains and head ache what are the suggestions given by yourself?
I fo exercise regularly, just to stay fit rather than building body. Is any protien powder or any food I need to take immediately post workout? Thanks.
I am 18 and I tries alot to become a fit healthier person but I can not I am still a thin person so suggest me some thing.
I am 20 years old girl. i am so skinny and not able 2 gain weight. I took proper diet still no results. Please help.
My wife is not at all eating well. It's been a year since weight increasing process started but her weight remains the same. Tell me a way to increase her weight.
I am 50 and suffering from asthma since 3 years. I am on allopathy and Ayurvedic medicines, also pump and sometimes nebulizer. I have noticed asthma gets aggrieved in cold and dry places. Also in polluted environment. I feel better in humid, warm places like coastal areas. Please suggest treatment/precautions.
I have a Weight loss. But not effect medicine and not grow weight. Please help. Weight grow natural.
Hi It says that taking 10 cups of green tea is good for health. Can someone please say 10 cups of green tea per day or per month. ?
I am 58 years old. Couple of weeks ago I was suffering from Typhoid. Now I am OK but the weakness is still there. Secondly both knee having sever pain while getting up/down. Walking time pain not feel. Please suggest the best remedy as I feel sexual weakness also.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.