Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Sir, My boy 13 months old, he suffers from skin rashes about 3 months, small water itches happening all over body, please suggest me?
Hello Dr. My baby is 15 days old. I had c section because of which I started breastfeeding the baby 7 days before. Wen I feed him it takes me 2 hours but then too he is hungry. And then I hav to give him lactogen. What should I do so that he should be full because I don't want to give him top feed please suggest.
I have a 6 and a half month old baby can I give him pale g biscuit dissolved in formula n how many. Are thy harmful?
Hello Dr, Please tell me if I will take apetamin while breastfeeding is it safe for my baby and me Because I eat a lot of food per day but I can't gain weight please help me.
My daughter age 1years 1 month still not start standing properly by her own. What is the best remedies so she could be strong.
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.
Hi, Good day to you doctor. My kid is about 4 years and 3 months. My kid is boy baby. He is very very active and I should say extra active in playing, speaking and in terms of thinking as well. He is taking food properly on time as well. But the problem is he is not at all putting up weight. His weight is around 14 kgs only. Pls do advice me whether I need to provide any tonic or powder to gain his weight. Thanks in advance Regards, Magesh. R.
My son is 4 years old. He is unable to write alphabets or numbers but he is able to say them. We are struggling day and night making him practice more and more but we are failed to him write himself. Please help us what to do so that he can write on his own?
Sir my baby is vomiting after 15 0r 20 days. After feeding or not he vomiting. Vocational is not greenish. I hope he is suffer some gas or acidity problem. His urine is clear bt his stool is not clear. 2 or 3 day after. He is conceptions problem. I give him cows milk. He is not growing properly. He is very much tin. His weight is 4 kg in 3 month. .he is bottle feed because he could not take sufficient breast milk. After delivery I have suffered some major problem. I need to your advice. Please advising me soon please sir.
My daughter aged 14 years is type 1 diabetic diagnosed recently. She is taking insulin injections 3 to 4 times a day. Her hands and thighs are all full of injections pricks. Swelling has started now on the places where we try to give injections. Kindly suggest.
My baby boy age 1 year 8 months every month coming fever, cold and cough any problem give me a suggestion sir. I am afraid sir please tell me sir what test I will do.?
Does your kid spend long hours playing video games? If so, then keep a tab on the type of games he plays. Internet is inundated with new age violent games. These are best avoided. A new study has warned against children playing violent video games. It increases your kid?s susceptibility to depression.
The study showed marked increase in symptoms of depression in as small as fifth graders kids. They played violent games on computer for more than two hours. Those kids who played less violent games fared much better than the former.
Keep your watch on your champs to keep them safe.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!