Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeshwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshwariYour feedback matters!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use oil free cosmetic products.
- Wash a face twice a day.
- Use sunscreen daily.
- Make sure that the hands/ towel is clean when you touch your face.
- Eat food rich in water, fresh fruits, chicken, boiled fish, whole grains.
- Prefer steaming, boiling, grilling methods for cooking over frying.
- Don’t stress.
- Carry oil-absorbing tissues to wipe away oil whenever necessary.
- Don't ever go to bed with make-up on.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Don't use creamy or milk cleansers.
- Don't over wash face.
- Don’t eat fried and processed foods.
- Avoid sugary products.
Breast firming and lift up breast there is any other option inspite of breast surgery and let me breast surgery is good health for whole body or there's any side effects or any surgery mark on breast any side effects or what time duration for surgery what precautions will take what charges for breast surgery pls let me know.
Married 2 month ago, but my wife cycle is longer than usual after marriage. Bleeding for 11 or 12 days even. What might be the cause and will it affect her pregnancy chances. Today We checked USG which shows normal study except for PCOs.
Hello .i have pcod and my doctor prescribed me to take meprate for 15 days twice a day and then she will be doing follicular study I just want to know weather meprate show any positive results or not or is it necessary to do laparoscopy because she said if that does not work she will perform laparoscopy .pls let me know what is good for me and what are the chances of pregnancy.
Human beings are designed to relish contact and interaction with one another. After all, it is what makes us different from quite a few members of the animal kingdom. Having said that, sometimes, separation between people is a fact of life and it does have an impact on the lives of the people who get separated.
One of the interesting things about separation is when it occurs between couples is not only a feeling of sadness, but also a feeling of insecurity. It is to be kept in mind that the entire process of adjusting is not only one that is to be gone through by the couple, but also by their children. While it can prompt children to become independent and not overly reliant on their parents’ love, separation can also lead to a deficit or inadequate love being provided to them in the years that they are in the greatest need of it. This is quite an unfortunate aspect of separation.
There are a range of feelings which a person is likely to feel when separation occurs and there is a lot to be done by the way of working through these emotions. The mix can include resentment, disappointment, as well as a longing for the partner, even for quite some time after the divorce has taken place. In a number of cases, the most tormenting phase of separation is the time leading up to separation and the few days following it. Facing legal challenges, letting friends and family know about their decision and undergoing the entire role change leaves the couple as well as their children fatigued.
It may be ironic, but the fact of the matter remains that a person is not always rational after a divorce. Whimsically, it can be said that a separation of a marital bond does often affect the person’s ability of separation of rationality from irrationality!
While life as a single mother is quite tough, it is intriguing that women are the ones who initiate divorce twice as often as men do! After a divorce takes place, women are the custodians of the children they had in 90% of the cases; so it is true that women do have a high level of concern for their children. Often people in a separation emotionally act the same way children do when separated from their parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
For the benefit of couples suffering from infertility, modern medical science has introduced several innovative procedures. Some of the popular procedures are In-vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), donor eggs and embryos and so on. In addition to these, there are several drugs and surgical procedures that help the couple in getting rid of infertility. Among all these procedures, IUI has gained popularity in the field of gynaecology and infertility treatment procedures. The IUI treatment is also popularly called as artificial insemination procedure. Although this is a popular procedure, it is appropriate that you should also understand its pros and cons.
IUI procedure in brief:
In simple terms, the IUI procedure involves placing the sperm inside the womb or uterus, which in turn would assist in fertilization of the egg. As a result of this procedure, the sperm reaches the fallopian tube, which enhances the chances or rate of egg fertilisation.
Conditions precedent of IUI Procedure:
Before initiating the IUI procedure, the fast moving eggs are separated from the slow moving eggs. This separation is done in the laboratory. Further, in order to undergo IUI procedure, the women should be less than 40 years of age. On the other hand, apart from healthy fallopian tube, the women should also have higher ovarian reserves. Also, the sperm should have minimum mortality rate. However, IUI procedure is adopted only if the fallopian tube is healthy. IUI procedure is suggested in case the couple is having difficulty in vaginal intercourse, either because of psychosexual reasons or for reasons of physical disability.
The IUI procedure can be performed either with the partner’s egg or with the donor’s egg. Some of the other important aspects of IUI procedure are briefly discussed here:
- The IUI procedure is a short duration procedure and it can be completed within a few minutes. This procedure does not cause any discomfort or pain. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation or administration of anesthesia. Further, the procedure also does not cause any side effects. In fact, compared to the IVF procedure, IUI is cost-effective.
- In order to enhance the level of success, the gynaecologist may suggest IUI procedure every month. In some cases, the gynaecologist may also prescribe a few medicines to simulate the ovulation procedure. Except this, IUI may not involve extensive medication.
You may undergo the IUI procedure under the supervision of sufficiently experienced gynaecologist. Further, you may also ensure the hospital is equipped with modern state of art machineries for carrying out the IUI procedure.
I hav iui 9 days ago but still hav no sign of pregnency. I have breast pain every month same after iui.
How can a person know that if he had Herpes simplex virus. Which test can detect dat virus correctly without any mistake.
I'm having pimples in my head. I used katomac shampoo but it didn't give me any relief. Itching is also there in my head due to these pimples. Please help.
Hello, I have had a baby this February. I had my last period on 25 the september17 and I am running 5 days late this month. Why is it happening?
Two months ago my girlfriend and I had foreplay and I did not ejaculate but was inside her for not more than 15-20 seconds. She got her regular periods in the last month but bled very less except the last day she had a lot of pain and bled alot. The same has happened this month also but 5-7 days prior to her actual date of the periods. She is also facing pain in her thighs and weakness on her last day. Is she pregnant or is she having some other issue with her menstrual cycle?
He has prostate 21g he is feeling good during time but night time he is feeling pain around the back what should he eat and drink and best medicine for to get rid of this pain.
Can I take 2 aspirin with water to get my periods immediately. What other things can I do to prepare it by a week? My date is due in two weeks. I am 21 year old.
Air is the Most Essential Thing
Air is a mechanical mixture of gases, and the most essential thing for an organism to survive. It normally contains Nitrogen (78%), Oxygen (21%), Carbon dioxide and other gases in proportion. In addition to these gases, air also contains water vapour, traces of ammonia and suspended matter such as dust, bacteria, spores, and vegetable debris, etc.
Apart from supplying the life-giving oxygen, air and atmospheric conditions serve several functions. The human body is cooled by the air contact; special senses of hearing and smell function through air-transmitted stimuli; disease agents are conveyed by air.
The term “air pollution” denotes the presence of substances (e.g. gases, mixtures of gases and particulate matter) in the ambient surroundings, generated by the activities that interfere with the human health, safety or comfort, and is injurious to organisms, and other environmental media. It also results in chemicals entering the food chain, drinking water and thereby, adding substantial disease burden and affecting the quality of life. The problem of air pollution was first recognized about 500 years ago when the burning of coal in cities was increasing, and since then it is increasing at an alarming rate all over the globe.
During foggy weather, when little wind is present the smoke generated from pollution is mixed with fog and form “SMOG”
The smog is making it difficult for people to see and breathe.
- Personal air exposure: refers to exposure to dust, fumes and gases to which an individual is exposed directly or indirectly, eg. Smoking.
- Occupational air exposure: exposure to harmful concentration of aerosols, vapors, and gases in working environment.
- Community air exposure: This is most serious, complex, consists of varieties of assortment of pollution sources, meteorological factors, and wide variety of adverse social, economic, and health effects.
Till date more than 100 substances have been identified which pollute the air. These vary from place to place depending upon the specific complex of contaminant source. Following are few examples of primary and secondary air pollutants:
- Carbon monoxide
- Sulphur dioxide
- Nitrogen oxides
- Particulate matter
- PAN (peroxy acetyl nitrate)
- Photochemical smog
- Aerosols and mists: Sulphuric acid (H2SO4), Nitric acid (HNO3)
Indoor Air Pollution
- Indoor air pollution is one of the four most critical global environmental problems.
- It exposes more people worldwide to important air pollutants than pollution in outdoor air.
- Rural people in developing countries may receive as much as two-thirds of the global exposure to particulates.
- Women and children suffer the greatest exposure.
Sources of Indoor Pollution
- Indoor air pollution contributes to acute respiratory infections in young children, chronic lung disease, and cancer in adults, and may induce adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- Non-smoking women exposed to indoor coal smoke have a risk of lung cancer similar to that of men who smoke lightly.
Effects on Health
Air pollution has short term and long term effects. The direct effects are reflected in airway system and then spread to multi-systems. It ranges from:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections (acute and chronic)
- Acute and recurrent bronchitis
- Acute respiratory distress
- Asthmatic attacks
- Aggravation of pre-existing respiratory and heart disease.
- Lung cancer
The short term and long term exposure is also linked with short life expectancy and reduced quality of life.
Effects of specific pollutants
The keywords of general management with respect to Air Pollution are:
- More you prevent yourself from harmful allergens, dust, smoke, pollution and smog, more it would be beneficial for your health.
- Try to avoid early morning exposure to smog, cold air when your city is too much polluted.
- Avoid travelling in crowded areas, malls and street where number of people and vehicles are intense.
- Avoid taking walks on main roads, rather prefer parks with greenery.
- Eating healthy foods keep your immunity intact and strong.
- Food items like Jaggery, food rich in vitamin E and C keeps your immunity intact.
- Avoid taking spicy and sour foods.
Keep your airways clear and clean
- Use masks where ever necessary.
- Avoid smoking and Passive-Smoking.
- Keep your home free of dust, perfumes, strong smells and garbage.
- Timely medication helps your immunity to fight disease better.
- Don’t ignore symptoms even if they are minor and nonspecific.
- Keep yourself educated regarding hazards of air pollution and how to tackle them.
- Keep an eye on neighbourhood for any polluting activities such as open fires, release of chemicals from factories, old polluting vehicles etc.
- Try not to use own vehicles when you are travelling alone.
- Opt for Car-Pool in where ever possible.
Ask for your rights
- At working environments ask for masks, air purifiers, and less exposure to air/chemical pollution
- Take opinion of medical specialists if you feel unwell while working.
- Support govt. initiatives to keep your city clean and green
Role of Homeopathy in Diseases arising from Air Pollution
Homeopathy heals holistically!
- Homeopathic medicines stimulates the body’s inner strength and boost the immune system to work well i.e. to reduce the disease load and to improve the overall health.
- The constitutional or individualized homeopathy is known to reduce to tendency to catch respiratory illnesses.
- The prescription is dependent upon symptoms, signs, tendencies, history and causation.
- The treatment can be curative, palliative or supportive depending upon state and staging of disease.
- In every stage homeopathy has a definitive role to play.
- Homeopathic medicines can be taken safely along with other/conventional medications (ADD-ON Therapy).
- In addition to constitutional/individualized medicines, the following medicines are frequently used on the basis of causation and symptom similarity:
- Allium cepa: Rhinitis, coryza copious, fluent, watery, acrid discharge; burning in nose, mouth, throat; violent sneezing; eyes red, burning with profuse, watery, bland lacrimation; headache, cough, hoarseness.
- Ammonium carb: Complaints from fumes, charcoal fumes; emphysematous changes in lungs; frequent sneezing, profuse discharge from nose, burning like hot water; stoppage of nose at night, wake up from sleep; sensation of dust particles in throat; dry tickling cough; chokes; wheezing.
- Arsenicum album: An important remedy that is used in majority of complaints incidental to air pollutants, e.g. conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, leukaemia and other malignancies, etc; quick respiration; suffocation inducing cough; scanty, frothy expectoration; sneezing without relief; burning in eyes; burning pains all over.
- Blatta orientalis: Complaints from fumes, coal dust, smoke; relieves bronchospasm, acts as expectorant; dyspnoea, oppression of breathing; cough, with thick and purulent sputum.
- Bromium: Complaints from coal dust; allergy to dust; complaints of sailors who suffer from asthma when they go ashore, better on sea. Dry spasmodic cough, airway feels filled with smoke; difficulty in inspiring, as if breathing through sponge.
- Carbo veg: Complaints from carbon gas, carbon monoxide, dust, smoke, fumes from incomplete combustion of fuels. Collapse from imperfect oxidation. Oppressed, quick respiration; air-hunger, longing for fresh air; wants windows open; long spasms of cough with weakness, wheezing, gagging.
- Cassia sophera: Complaints from exposure to dust, smoke; asthma, dry cough, with pain in chest, irritation in throat, better warmth; expectoration thick, yellowish; worse during winters, change of weather.
- Dulcamara: Ailments from changing, damp environment, foggy weather, cold damp conditions, air-conditioned rooms; dry, teasing, spasmodic cough; hoarseness; dyspnoea after physical exertion.
- Euphrasia: Inflammation of the conjunctiva; profuse acrid lacrimation; profuse, fluent bland coryza, sneezing in morning; violent cough in day time, abundant expectoration; worse indoors, warmth; better in open air.
- Lobelia inflata: Ailments from smoke, dust; emphysematous changes; extreme dyspnoea; cough with sneezing, gasping; scanty expectoration; extreme nausea and vomiting, cannot bear taste or smell of tobacco.
- Natrum sulph: Ailments incidental to spring & rainy season; dyspnoea; coughs continuously, towards end hacks up thick, ropy, greenish mucus.
- Pothos foetidus: Ailments from smoke, dust; great dyspnoea and cough, frequent sneezing, pain in throat and chest, anxiety, abdominal distension and tension, better in open air.
- Phosphorus: An important remedy that may be used in majority of complaints incidental to air pollutants, e.g. conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, leukaemia, and other malignancies, etc. Breathing anxious, panting, short, hurried, very much oppressed; tightness across chest; violent hard, dry, tight, racking cough in spasmodic paroxysms.
- Plumbum metallicum: An important remedy for lead toxicity. Interference with homoeostasis, rapid reduction in number of red cells, with pallor, icterus, anaemia. Localized neuralgic pains, neuritis, paralysis, wrist drop; stinging and tearing in limbs, with twitching, numbness.
- Sulphurous acid: Persistent choking cough with copious expectoration; hoarseness, constriction of chest, difficult breathing.
- Sabadilla: Rhinitis, pharyngitis; violent spasmodic sneezing, abundant watery nasal discharge, itching and tingling in nose, redness and burning in eyes, lacrimation, frontal headache, dryness and irritation in throat.
- Sambucus: Nasobronchial hypersensitivity; paroxysmal nightly suffocative attacks; nose stopped up at night, breath through mouth; cough deep, restlessness, profuse perspiration.
- Sanguinaria can: Nasobronchial hypersensitivity, asthmatic bronchitis. Severe dyspnoea, constriction in chest, severe spasmodic cough. Expectoration of thick yellow mucus, dislodged with difficulty. Sneezing, profuse watery mucus from nose; sensitive to flowers, odours.
- Spongia: Complaints from sudden change of atmosphere, smoke. Severe form of asthmatic bronchitis, with dryness of respiratory tract. Severe dyspnoea, with wheezing, suddenly wakes up at night with intense suffocation; respiration rapid, short.
Hello sir, I have got swelling to the left side lip of vagina after sexual intercourse. The pain was very severe so have taken combiflam one at 3 p.m yesterday and another right now due to pain. Is the timing of dose fine and medication too?
STDs can be said to be the main down side to what is globally known as the most widely appreciated pastime. Yes, your read that right, as they can also be quite rampant. For example, by the age of twenty five, about half of all sexually active adults would have been the victim of at least one STD. Therefore, one should be aware of the risks and take precautions while indulging in sexual activities.
A lot of people are of the opinion that only an actual act of sex can lead to an infection by an STD. However, this is really not true as any sexual activity which features any or all of the mouth, penis, vagina and the anus has the potential to lead to an infection by an STD.
What doesn’t feel right?
- STDs come in all sorts of ways. Some of them are curable and can be successfully treated while others just have to be managed. One of the symptoms to keep an eye out for includes a swelling or redness in the region around the penis or the vagina. Also, if a person experiences a lot of pain during urination, it is a very good idea to get checked for an STD.
- The symptoms of an STD are basically that not everything feels okay. Apart from the symptoms which have been mentioned, others which also exist and serve as a warning sign are a severe itching, which is experienced in the genital region and a discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to this, unexplained weight loss along with skin rashes and bumps, sores or warts around the mouth, or the genital regions are also fairly good signs that an STD has been contracted.
Road to recovery
- If a person suspects that he or she may have an STD, it is very important to consult a doctor as delaying in doing so can harm other parts of one’s body, and at times permanently.
- When it comes to the treatment of an STD, an antibiotic course of treatment is usually the way to go. It is important that the course of medication which is followed is specifically for that person as using another person’s medicine course can backfire.
- The best way to practically avoid contracting an STD is to practice safe sex. Sex is something which is supposed to be fun and satisfying. Keeping a few things in mind, the fun can be almost unbridled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi, I am 27 years married girl. I am trying for baby. Can you please suggest us at what time is perfect to conceive a baby. Thanks&Regards Poonam.
Lemon (acid) and honey (sugar) is a lethal combination to weaken your teeth's enamel temporarily.
If you brush immediately after ingesting lemon honey then you tend to wear off weakens enamel which will make your teeth sensitive.
Hence as a dentist I would suggest either brush before consuming lemon honey or wait for atleast 1 hour before brushing.