Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshYour feedback matters!
Hii sir/mam I have a problem of coughing, tightness of chest, breathing issue, weakness etc from child. I gone to hospital many times and got a treatment of 3-4 days but after that this problem continues. How can I do please suggest me something I tired of this issue.
Sir/madam, in winter am suffering from cold alot and I feel pain at my chest. Can you suggest what shall I do?
I am 70 yrs male. In 2001 may I had myocardial infraction under medical management only. Six months back I had pottacium in blood 5. 8 please the range suggested here (chennai) india is 4. 8--5. 8. What kind of /names of fruits, vegetables and other food please I should please avoid.
I am 44 year women suffering from peripheral vasculitis in my whole body. I have tried all the solution but no medicine was effective. Now my doctor has advised my to me to take wysolone 5 mg through my life. Help me by telling me that is it really effective for this disease and what are the precautions for this, like which things not to eat.
Dear doctor,my age 25 years weight 55 kg.I have been a chain smoker for past 5 years.Its been couple of months since i have quit smoking.Most of the time my heart rate is higher then normal after i quit smoking.Its like blood is rushing at quite a higher rate and sometimes I feel congestion in my chest as well .Is it something i should be concerned of? what might be the reason and resolution for the same?
Sir I am 28 years old suffering from 138/90 bp and 240 cholesterol 157 ldl 43 hdl and 204 triglycerides. What to do.
My BP readings (including Basal BP readings) early in the morning tends to be high (ie, 173/104, 160/96, 153/110, 182/101. Etc), but gradually decreases as the day go by (ie 154/87, 146/83, 135/80, 140/88. Etc), I am a regular taker of medicines without fail. I am suffering from DM-2, Hypertension and have CAD too. I have observed this tendency since I have a BP monitor by which I used to measure my BP readings at random. Can any doctors clarify the reasons for this so that I can take appropriate measures please.
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.