Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendran S.MYour feedback matters!
Hi, am 31 years old. I recently had a general health check up. All results were normal except my sugar cholesterol levels. Fasting sugar was 103 and post meal sugar was 126. I remember I had taken too much sugary beverages around 9 hours before the test. Could that have an effect on the examination? And generally am I diabetic? On the other hand, my LDL cholesterol level was 124. Please advice what to do to reduce my cholesterol and sugar levels. Am really stressed!
How I overcome problems of diabetes and blood pressure. Which medicine prescribed by you for its overcome?
I am 31 years old male having problem of infertility. Married before 4 yrs. I have normal LH & testosterone level but slightly higher FSH level. I have sperm count less than 80 million. What is the predictable cause of low sperm count? I have no addiction of tobacco and alcohol.
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control but I feel very low in energy n feel sleepy throughout d day. I do exercise n take lot of precautionary measures in my eating habits but still my sugar shoots up as soon as I eat anything even some plain foods etc. Kindly suggest me what to do?
I am suffering from diabetes since 3 years. Could you pls suggest me the good diet chart? My age is 29 years & weight is 76 kg. How can I become slim?
I am 56 ;diabetic for 05 yr;now taking metformin 1000mg+glimipride 2mg twice.But my fasting bl sugar remain about 200-210.Please guide me.
Hi dctr. I am having thyroid since the age of 11 yrs. Now my age is 21. I got my thyroid report TSH level 1.43 and I am using 75 mcg thyronorm tablet. Now much mcg I should take frm now. Rpy me.
In Dec 2012 am walking normally suddenly something happen in my brain I feel that am not existing in the world after that feeling of fear, anxiety lot of negative thoughts even to hurt myself then I check to some psychiatrist he give me medicine and that's I carry in regularly. Lot of things get improve n in me now intensity of negative thoughts is very low but my confidence and thinking power is very less now. Always confused am on medication now which I listed below Divaa od 250 Zicam 0.25 sulphate 50.
Hello, I am 24 years old female, my sugar level is 99 when I checked in lab because I was feeling low. Is there any problem with this glucose level it is post meal. I have diabetes patients in my family so I am really worried about this. Why am I feeling so low?
I am diabetic patient. Everyday morning when I wakeup from bed, I will experience a very server pain in my both feet ankles joints. For for minutes, I can't walk easily. I used diabetic slippers and it helps me a little. The pain will be very server after getting from bed and it slowly subside as the day progress. I had this problem for the four years but for the last 6 months it has increased a lot. I have used LYRICA tables inbetween but of no use. Doctors said, it is typical diabetic patient symptoms and this tablet will take care of it. No improvement. Could you please help me with a solution for this.
My wife is suffering from Hypothyroidism with TSH value 9.94 and having AMA antibody test positive with value more than 600. Is there any medicine which will reduce value of AMA test in normal range of below 24 ? AMA test is Antibody test.
I have a problem in my low level of hemoglobin. It was just only 6 gms. Please help to increase it. What should I do and also increase my diabetes problem. Today we have take first time test for FBS. IT COMES 130 fasting sugar.
TSH value varies between 1.66 and 6.67 inspite of regularly taking Thyronorm 25mg. Also have put on more weight with min amount of carb intake.
Hello. Since I have vertigo, I was asked to take Doppler test. Test shows that" evidence of few heterogeneous exchotextureal lesions in both lobes of thyroid gland, measures 16x13mm- likely being lesion" Are they harmful? Is that a cause for vertigo?
My mother was diagnosed with thyroid around a couple of years back. Now again the swelling has grown and on getting the test as per the dr's advice, the results have shown the increased thryoid again. She is on medication from last 2 weeks but swelling is still there. So is there a minimum time after which the medicine's effects can be seen?
I have heard from many doctors that morning walk is good in diabetes. So I want to know that one should walk fastly or slowly?
My mom is diabetes patient and 54 yrs old. How many times sugar level should check within a year? Please advice.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.