Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendran KYour feedback matters!
Actually I'm suffering from severe stomach ache for over a week can you please tell me why is this happening?
I am a type II diabetic aged 60 yrs. And diagnosed that my heart is enlarged as per 2D echo report (Global LV Hypokinesia and Severe LV systolic dysfunction. Diagnosed recently). My feet of both the legs are getting bulged and preventing me to wear chappals and also to walk. Pumping tablets are putting pressure on me. My serum creatine is 3.9 and Hb % is 8.What is the treatment.
I have stomach ache since 5 days. I went to a nearby doctor and he said it is because of acidity. But I am not convinced. So please help me.
My name is Mohammad sohel. My age is 18 my problem is I am getting over sweat on my palms if my both hands and under the foot. Do will you please give me the tip or precaution.
I have been feeling like my left lung is filled with water. It's becoming colder than right one which I can feel with precision. Mild dyspnea is present. No choking. No vomiting. No tenderness. Plzzz help me!
I have erectile dysfunction, for sex activity I heard that penegra is for ED is any problem for that medicine in takr and side effect? Am 28 yers old.
Frequent headaches can be uncomfortable at best, and debilitating at worst. While a chronic migraine can come with a throbbing pain on one side of the head, headaches due to tension can cause mild to moderate pain on both sides. Also, daily headaches happen in at least 15 days, Hemicrania Continua is a condition that brings about constant pain, and usually happens on one side of the head. Read on to learn more about dealing with these different kinds of headaches.
1. Medical Treatment: Inflammation, infections like meningitis and brain injuries that have been proven to be traumatic should be treated with due medication after a proper consultation with a doctor. In certain cases, headaches can be caused due to brain tumours and they must be treated at once. Also, headaches that come with fever, stiff neck, confusion and constant vomiting must be treated by a doctor immediately.
2. Take an Over the Counter Drug: Taking an over the counter drug for instant pain relief can stop the pain and give temporary or long term relief, depending on the kind of headache you are experiencing. It is advisable to speak with a doctor before taking any kind of drug.
3. Find your Triggers: Find and limit your triggers like certain food types as well as stress and certain seasonal changes. Stepping out in the summer with an umbrella and avoiding caffeine or too much of chocolate and cheese can also help in alleviating the pain. Stress is also a major factor that contributes to headaches and should be avoided in order to prevent or stop the pain.
4. Drink Plenty of Water: Staying hydrated is a good way to treat headaches instantly. The consumption of water is known to soothe the pain effectively.
5. A Soothing Break: Find a quiet place with dim lighting to take a break that should ideally last at least half an hour to one hour, or even more. This will help in diminishing and removing the pain. You can also use a cold compress and get yourself a massage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General physician.
Since 8 years ago I take deep breath every 1 min and I have thought in my head if I do not do that I will die, how to get rid of that?
I am 35 yes old I have dizziness problem my bp is 120/90 pregnancy negative but had an ovary removal operation 4 years back.
I am 23 years old I smoke marijuana. Earlier I was fit but nowadays I feeling weak I get tired. Most of d day I sleep. I heard marijuana is safe n good for body. Whtz da prob wid me?
Hi Doctors, I am facing itching since last few years on my testicle part. I am maintaining complete hygiene with my private parts. Don't know how it is developed. I am not married yet and Never had a sexual relationship. Please suggest.
Sir I'm doing masturbation for last ten years on daily, so it affects any future problem ? Tell me sir .
In the Early Morning I Cant Eat food and drink Water and If I eat Something This Food Will not Digest Why?
Sir, I have pain in my sternum of chest while doing dips in gym. When I am going too low in the dips exercise then I feel it hurts in my chest. Sir please suggest me some treatment.
A dysfunction or health problem which affects your physical relation with your partner is an issue that may occur at any period of the intercourse cycle. These issues affect both, men and women.
Sexual dysfunction in men can be a consequence of a physical or mental issues, including stress.
The problems men may encounter include:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED): ED can be a cause of medications, for example, diabetes or hypertension, or by anxiety about engaging in sexual relations. Dejection, weariness, and anxiety can add to it.
- Ejaculation issues: These include untimely (discharge that happens too soon during intercourse) and the powerlessness to discharge by any means. The causes include medicines, like antidepressants, nervousness about sex, a past filled with sexual injury and trauma, (for example, an accomplice being unfaithful), and guilt.
- Low libido: Mental issues like anxiety and tension about engaging in sexual relations can prompt a diminished or no sexual craving. Diminished hormone levels (especially if testosterone is low), physical ailments, and pharmaceutical symptoms can lessen the testosterone.
In many cases, sexual dysfunction in women might include:
- Vaginal dryness: This can lead to issues with excitement and craving, as sex can be painful when the vagina is not lubricated. Vaginal dryness can come about because of hormonal changes that happen during and after menopause or while breastfeeding, for instance. Mental issues, similar to tension about sex, can also cause vaginal dryness.
- Low drive: Absence of sexual yearning can be created by lower levels of the hormone estrogen. Exhaustion, misery, and tension prompts low charisma.
- Trouble achieving orgasm: Failure to have an orgasm can influence both men and women. Once more, some stimulant drugs can likewise bring about a solution for these issues.
- Pain during sex: Known as vulvodynia or vulvar vestibulitis, and even vaginismus, these conditions can bring about spasms that lead to pain during intercourse.
If you are encountering sexual health problems, raise your worries with your specialist. You can regularly redress your issue by:
- Getting the best possible treatment of any hidden therapeutic condition
- Speaking with your partner transparently about your sexual relationship
- Keeping away from liquor, smoking, and medication use
- Overseeing anxiety, uneasiness, and gloom
- If you think you are suffering from any other ailment, discuss with your specialist about therapy that can help you in such a case.
- Restorative treatment: This includes treatment of any physical issue that might add to a man's sexual problems.
- Drugs: Medications, for example, Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra, or Viagra may enhance erectile capacity in men by improving the blood stream to the penis.
- Mental treatment: Therapy with a prepared advisor can help address sentiments of uneasiness, apprehension, or blame.
- Education about sex and sexual practices and reactions may also help. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
I'm 22 years old male. I'm getting problem in my right testis, as its size increases in day time or working time, but when I rest in night, it becomes normal. So what should I do. I'm frustrating with this problem. Pls help me.
I m sufling from my penis get etching while having sex and always. I n this situation what should I do.
Sir/madam my father's ear frequently air like vibration. Whats the reason please tell me. And useful medicine for this.
I have taken MRI in my neck region and have diagnosed with following, Cervical spondylosis with posterior disc osteophyte complex at c5-6 and central disc protrusion at c6-7. Kindly advise me. I have the pain in my neck region and shoulder too. Some times radiating pain.
Top 10 banana health benefits:
Bananas are among the most convenient food sources of potassium. This mineral is essential for maintaining proper heart function and regulating normal blood pressure.
Numerous studies have shown the effectiveness of potassium-rich foods like bananas in lowering high blood pressure.
So much so that the food and drug administration (FDA) allows the banana industry to make official claims (much like they would a pharmaceutical drug) of their ability to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
The potassium in bananas is also beneficial for your kidneys and bones.
2. More energy:
Even with the proliferation of brightly colored 'sports' drinks, 'energy' bars and 'electrolyte' gels (these are loaded with unhealthy chemicals and coloring by the way) you often see athletes eating bananas just before and even.
Bananas make a great snack at work when your energy is lagging and while they might not be the most obvious weight loss food, they are only about 100 calories and can satisfy those sweet cravings.
You can replace candy bars and other junk foods with bananas, you might just have a really important step towards losing weight. As an added bonus your energy will be much more steady and consistent.
3. Helps digestion:
Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber that most of us don't get nearly enough of. Fiber helps the food you eat move smoothly through the digestive tract and improves elimination.
A couple of bananas may be a healthier choice than laxatives to treat occasional constipation.
Turning to another important element of digestion, bananas are rich in fructo-oligosaccharides (fos for short thankfully). Fos is known as a prebiotic since it feeds the important friendly bacteria in the digestive tract that help us absorb nutrients more efficiently.
Bananas are also known to help relieve the symptoms of heartburn.
4. Good for ulcers:
Eating bananas regularly may help protect against stomach ulcers. Compounds in bananas seem to create a thicker protective barrier in the stomach against hydrochloric acid.
Bananas also contain protease inhibitors that work to eliminate certain bacteria in the stomach implicated as a major cause of stomach ulcers.
5. High in vitamin b6:
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin b6. This vitamin is important for creating hemoglobin for healthy blood.
B6 is also involved in maintaining proper blood sugar levels, synthesizing and breaking down amino acids and producing antibodies for a stronger immune response in your body.
6. Vitamins and minerals:
The high levels of potassium and vitamin b6 already mentioned, bananas also have good levels of vitamin c, magnesium and manganese.
They are also a source of most of the other b vitamins and smaller amounts of trace minerals like iodine, iron, selenium and zinc.
7. Skin trearment:
Banana skins have been used externally to treat skin conditions like psoriasis and acne.
The freshly peeled inside of the banana skin is gently rubbed over the affected area and the residue left on. This might be better done on a day indoors or before bed to avoid the banana smell when out and about.
Banana peel treatments are even used to heal warts.
8. A cancer fighter:
Recent Japanese animal research linked bananas that are fully ripe (with the dark spots) to the production of a compound called tumor necrosis factor (tnf-a). This compound is a cytokine which is believed to have the potential to increase white blood cell count, thus enhancing your immunity and combating cancerous cell changes.
9. Improving your mood and reducing stress:
Bananas are a good source of the amino acid tryptophan which your body converts to serotonin. Proper serotonin levels help improve your mood, reduce stress and enhance your general outlook and happiness levels. It also helps regulate good sleep patterns.
Tryptophan is considered an essential amino acid because the only way your body gets it is through your diet. Bananas, while certainly not the highest source out there, are one of the easiest ways to get a little more tryptophan. Another reason why bananas make such a great snack for those stressed out at work.
10. A hangover cure:
Bananas are a great hangover food for mornings when you've overdone it a bit the night before. A couple of bananas in a blender with ice, some berries and coconut milk or organic cow's or goat's milk makes a really good recovery drink.