Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajasundramYour feedback matters!
Hi, in my breast I have small gland fro past since 7years that becomes sometimes pain. 2years before I got married and I have one baby is any problem about that it vl causes cancer. Am very scaring about that.
Consumption of lycopene–containing foods, especially tomato and its products is prostate friendly. A prospective study of a cohort of over 50,000 men from the Health Professionals Follow–up Study in J Natl Cancer Inst 2014;106(2 suggests that dietary intake of lycopene is associated with a lower incidence of prostate cancer and a decreased risk of lethal prostate cancer. These effects may be mediated through inhibition of tumor angiogenesis.
I am a 21 year old I want to know that the symptoms of cancer and type of cancer which generally occur in our body. How we secured whole life from this disease and secured our loved ones.
I am recovering from blood cancer . It is been 4 years now and am unmarried. How about the possibilities of me getting into healthy land wat should be done to put on weight and be healthy. Recommend some intakes.
One of the most dreaded diseases of all times, Cancer has often been presumed to be incurable by a lot of people. Unfortunately Cancer driven deaths have grown in number, significantly over the past few years. Despite the fact that medical science has made substantive progress in the realm of cancer research, the mortality rate continues to be fairly high. Consequently, a lot of people have been seeking alternative therapies. Homeopathy is one such avenue that many would vouch for. The treatment of Cancer can be quite successful with Homeopathy, often in conjunction with allopathic medicine in advanced cases.
In early stages, particularly with breast and prostate, the success rate is close to 80% with compliance by the patient. Homeopaths often approach cancer treatment by combining homeopathic remedies. Certain approaches aim at terminating the tumors while others attempt to heal the eliminative organs of the patient as well their entire constitution. Although there has been a fair number of effective cases, homeopathy still has not emerged as a stand-alone remedy for cancer. Because much of success with homeopathy, however depends on the skill level of homeopath and resources of patient to heal on all levels.
There are two ways of treating any CANCER through Homeopathy treatment -
One is by giving medicine after considering particular symptoms and pathology report, which will give temporary relief. Generally this type prescription is given for treating Acute or Advanced Cancer conditions. Most frequently recommended medicines for cancer are Arsenic Album, Hydrastis, Condurango, Conium, Belladonna, Vinca minor, Taxus baccata etc.
Second is giving the medicine for the entire constitution or personality (Holistic treatment) that means giving the medicine by considering mental, physical, emotional as well as social state of the patient to cure the primary cancers completely. Here, they consider the cause of diseases, modalities of symptoms, Back ground Miasm of the patient etc.
Risks and complications:
Homeopathic remedies are extremely safe and they have no harmful side effects. Homeopathic treatments can prove to be harmful if they are taken up by excluding other necessary therapies or diagnostic tests. To avoid such complications, it is advisable to consult a homeopathic practitioner who can discern between merging symptoms and symptoms related to your healing process.
I have bilateral axillary lymphadenitis since 3 years and it increase in size with age. Now its more discomfort for me while sleeping. It cause intense pain when axilla pressed against bed and pain increases during menses. Also I felt pain in may tail of breast both side. And also my LMP is not one. It fluctuates from the time of menarche. I think menstrual cycle is of 35 days. Now my question is should I operate to remove the swellings or continue medical treatment. Can it recur? Can it become malignant if I do not operate? Is there any complication if I ignored now?
I am a 31 years old woman & experiencing a severe pain on the right side of my nipple. Can it be a breast cancer? Pls advice.
I am 50 yrs - my father recently succumbed to prostate cancer. What is your advice to prevent prostate enlargement.
My mother in law is 80. She has recently been operated for breast cancer her breast is removed. Drs have suggested chemo therapy but she is undergoing homeopathy treatment. Is it ok?
I am 68 years, since last 5 yrs i am on Veltum o.4 for prostate, doing ps report at ever 2 yrs. Prostate glans is increasing. At present i do not have any problem, but when i should for operative procedure ?
I am 25 year old and I want to know about skin cancer, my forehead skin getting black these days. What should I do? is it a symptoms of skin cancer? Please help me.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I'm 27 year old mother if a nine month old baby girl from Bangalore. Baby has four teeth up and two teeth down, she almost bites me 3 of 5 times when breast feeding, it pains a lot and burns next time when fed. I'm afraid whether she will bite or feed, I tried in quiet room, properly latched her, but same us repeated. Please help me to solve this issue, when I reacted for it, she made a nursing strike for one day, which was more painful than that, please help me.
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers