Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajasundramYour feedback matters!
I am a 58 years old female and I have multiple myeloma stage 3. I cant able to walk. I take medicine. But not I am satisfy. So kindly suggest me.
I am 62 years Male. I have itching problem on testicles for the last one year. Itching happens only during urination. Infact I have prostate Gland enlargement problem for which I am taking Silodal 8 mg tab.
I am 59. Taking 750ml lukewarm water along with lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey early in the morning regularly. Is it alright at this age even in summer days? Furthermore, I have long been suffering from prostatic for last about 4-5 years. For the last one month, according to the advice of a good Doctor of Ayurveda, I have been taking (1) Himplasia-2tabs-twice daily, (2) Kachnar guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and (3) Guksharadi guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and feeling unique benefits so far. Are these Ayurvedic medicines dependable to be totally cured of the prostatic? How long am I to continue with these medicines. Please suggest.
Dr. My mother is aged 80. She was diagnosed to have MTB after a bronchoscopy about 5 months back by a chest specialist. She is given Mycobutol 1000mg, R Cinex 600mg alongwith her BP and diabetes medicines. She has been advised to restrict her total fluid (water+other fluids) consumption to just 1 to 1.250 litres per day. He echo cardiagram gives an EF value of 55% and the Chest scan report says'No significant fluid collection" Pls advise me whether she will have to live with this limited fluid consumption of 1 to 1.25 litres for the rest of her life. Or this fluid restriction will be increased or removed after the treatment for MTB is completed? Is there any other way of overcoming this water restriction safely without any future complications? Chennai city is always hot and 1 to 1.250 litres of fluid is too little to manage with. Thank you
I have suffering from the cancer of lungs and that's why iam feel week and I has no enough money for my treatment that's why any financial help is given by you are more usfull for me and my future life.
I have infected galactocele 25 cc in my right Breast, will it be cured by medicine? My baby is now one month.
My father is suffering with neck cancer, he has gone through radiation 7 chemo last year, but 3 months after completing the radiation he had breathing problem and thus has gone through trachestomy, but since trachestomy has been done he is suffering with lots of pain in the neck and we also have to do suction every hour or so, can you advise some medicines or device which can reduce his pain & problems.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
I am 62 yrs old. Absolutely healthy. Sometimes I feel as if i'm having prostrate problem while urinating. Please suggest any remedy.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
• Men who consume high saturated animal fat diet are two times more likely to experience disease progression after prostate cancer surgery than men with lower saturated fat intake.
• There is also shorter "disease–free" survival time among obese men who eat high saturated fat diet compared with non–obese men consuming diets low in saturated fat.
• Men with a high saturated fat intake had the shortest survival time free of prostate cancer (19 months)
• Non–obese men with low fat intake survived the longest time free of the disease (46 months).
• Non–obese men with high intake and obese men with low intake had "disease–free" survival of 29 and 42 months, respectively.
Take home messages
• High saturated fat diet has been linked to cancer of the prostate
• Reducing saturated fat in the diet after prostate cancer surgery can help reduce the cancer progression.
• Cancer prostate has the same risk factors as that of heart blockages and both are linked to high saturated fat intake.
• With an increase in number of heart patients, a corresponding increase in prostate cancer patients is also seen in the society.