Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajasundramYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. My sister complained about severe pain in the lower right portion of her right breast. What it might be? Is it something to worry about? And what diagnosis we are needed to perform? She is 17.
What are the most common skin cancers? What are the warning signs of skin cancer? What are the treatments for skin cancer? Is skin cancer becoming more common? What are some of the risk factors? What can we do to protect ourselves from the sun?
My grandfather had non hodgkin lymphoma in the stomach and my father had adenocarcinoma in the stomach. Can this be genetic-do I or my sister have a higher chance of suffering from stomach cancer? Are these two cases related? We are vegetarian. Could it be due to some dietary reason? My grandfather use to smoke and chew tobacco but my father was a teetotaler but obese. How did my father get the more aggressive form of cancer?
Detected liver cancer and rectum cancer 2 months back, we are not interested in radio therapy, what time is she having left?
Sir/mam Goodafternoon. Sir mjhe ek baat maloom krni thi. Ki mom ka operation hua tha cataract ka. To sir nhane ko mna kia tha niche niche nhana tha. Mmy n 3-4 din ni nhaya. Dress change kr lti thi. 9 din baad mom n btaya ki unke breast p nipple s niche ek gaanth (shayad tumor) bni hui h .12 ko operation hua tha. 21 tarik koo btaya. Ab tak wo 2 -3 din tk gaanth bni hui thi fir mne ek capsule dya infection ka corbonate likha tha us capsule p.to ab wo gaanth toot rhi h aur uska muh bn rha h pak rha h wo. Aur sir nipple discharge ni ho rha h.na armpit m dikkat h.na usme itta pain ho rha h.sir/mam y baltod sa lg rha h mjhe. Kya m sahi hu. Gaanth ghul rhi h .1 goli dne se. Ye cancer ho skta h kya. Sir/mam please tell me wht is this. Cancer ka tumor 1 -2 din m pak jata h kya.
Hi. From last few days I am experiencing some small tumours or masses in my mouth. Which is not paining or increasing. What may be this due to?
One of my relative suffering from tongue cancer. Please Tell me the treatment. And I want to know whether it should be cure cancer is of second stage.
I am suffering from osmf Oral submucous fibrosis because I was taking gutkha and occasional cigarettes for 8 years now I left everything for good from 4th July 2015. But I get blood in my saliva sometimes if I talk too much for the whole day in my school and private tuitions I am taking colostrum capsules with dentist recommendation. My mouth opening is improving. Before I found it hard to even put my toothbrush. But now I can eat most other food stuff .however I also feel numbness in my throat and was having difficulty BREATHING last week. It's gone again. I follow strict oral regime. Take garlic and green tea in morning daily. Eats lots of veggies and fruits. Do I have a chance of oral cancer and what is the problem with me. I always feel gas is formed in my stomach. Thanks.
My wife has done a test for pep smear test and found positive so advice me next. Age of my wife 35 year.
My dad is detected with cancer 3rd time he is now diagnosed and cancer is in d-12 area of back. The tumor is very small .Doctor has suggested radiation therapy. Is it safe. Let me mention already my dad's stomach has been removed because of cancer which was diagnosed before. My dad's age is 47 .Please suggest something.
Lungs are very important organs of your body as they play a pivotal role in respiration. Lung cancer refers to the gradual development of cancerous cells in the lungs.
Many common symptoms can help you to identify lung cancer. They are stated below:
- Persistent cough
- Change in your voice
- Pain in the chest region
- Breathing problem
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Sometimes a person may also cough up blood
- Cough accompanied by a wheezing sound
Lung cancer is very fatal and has less chances of getting cured. However, ayurveda offers effective and natural remedies for treating lung cancer. They are mentioned as follows:
- Practice breathing exercises regularly: Breathing exercises can help you to deal with the problem of lung cancer in an effective manner.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol: This is absolutely essential for treating lung cancer. Both smoking and consuming alcohol can cause severe damage to your lungs.
- Practice meditation. According to ayurveda, meditation is known to have great healing powers for any health problem. This can help you to cope up with cancer as well.
- Avoid junk foods and carbonated drinks: Consuming these foods frequently can worsen your condition.
- Massage therapy: Sometimes massage therapy can work wonders in ayurveda. Massaging certain essential oils can be very helpful.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can also prove to be effective in treating lung cancer. It is a procedure in which essential oils are not only used for massaging your body but also for inhaling.
- Ayurvedic herbs: There are many ayurvedic medicines and herbs also which can treat lung cancer efficiently.
Since lung cancer involves very less survival rate, it is of utmost importance that you go the doctor immediately once you start noticing any of the above mentioned symptoms.
What are the signs or symptoms of the Breast Cancer? How a married woman can prevent it? Does it has any bearing with baby's breast feeding?
I am 62 yrs old. Absolutely healthy. Sometimes I feel as if i'm having prostrate problem while urinating. Please suggest any remedy.
Penile cancer occurs when cancerous cells form on tissues of the penis. If caught early, penile cancer is treatable. In early stages, a cancerous tumour can be removed with little or no damage to the penis. But if it is diagnosed late, a man may lose part of or all of his penis and sometimes his life too. Hence, it’s vital that you know more about this cancer.
But first, a small primer on the penis.
The penis has two types of erectile tissues, the spongy tissue that gets engorged with blood leading to an erection:
- Corpora cavernosa: This tissue forms most of the penis.
- Corpus spongiosum: This tissue forms a small portion of the penis. It also surrounds the urethra, a tube that transports urine and sperm to outside.
The erectile tissue comes wrapped in connective tissue and skin to form the organ.
Penile cancer is usually found on the ‘glans’ or tip of the penis, but can also occur on the shaft of the penis. Some of the common symptoms of penile cancer include sores and lumps on the penis, redness or irritation on the penis and blood discharge.
Factors that increase the risk of developing penile cancer
- Infection with human papillomavirus (HPV): This virus causes cervical cancer in women. Unprotected skin-to-skin contact as well as unprotected sex with multiple partners, increases the risk of a man getting HPV infection.
- Not being circumcised at birth: Circumcision, an operation in which a part or the entire foreskin is removed surgically is a big protection from penile cancer.
- Phimosis: This is a condition in which the foreskin cannot be pulled back over the glans or tip of the penis.
- Poor hygiene
- UV treatment for psoriasis
- Use of tobacco: The chemicals in tobacco smoke lead to genetic changes in cells of the penis, thereby leading to cancer.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Detection and diagnosis are done using tests like a biopsy in which a small sample of tissue is removed from the penis and tested for abnormalities due to cancer.
Chances of Survival
Treatment of penile cancer depends on what stage it is detected at and so is prognosis. The location and size of tumour, and whether cancer has just been diagnosed or has recurred also affect prognosis.
For stage I and II penile cancer or cancer that is limited only to the penis, the five-year survival rate is 85%.
The survival rate dips substantially if cancer is diagnosed after it has spread to surrounding tissues or lymph nodes in stage III or IV. The five-year survival rate is just about 59%.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!