Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Rajasri SYour feedback matters!
She is pregnant 45 days , This is her second pregnancy right now she is having abdominal pain from one hour (exact above vagina) please refer to this.
My sister is 25 years old marry last month they are not succeed full sex partially they are success her problem is she is not sure that last time they are succeed and she has fear that she is pregnant and she wants to test by prega news is she is confuse after how many days she took test? and how to do successful sex?
Hello doctor from last 5 years I am diabetic my age is 33 yrs I came to know this when I conceive my first baby now the problem is that after having the baby for first year I was regular in checkups but now I am not going any where and taking insulin 20 in the morning and 20 in the evening want to consult a doctor what I have to do to give him that information before consulting him
Hi my Age is 23 years. I have skipped my period being 4 (21-12-2015) days and getting vomiting sensation. I have done urine test with pregnancy test kit (concetest plus kit). Got negative. Am I pregnant or not. If so I am not planned for that, what should I do to not get pregnant medically or naturally without any issues. Please suggest me?
Hi doc my gf got mc on 4 DEC to 9 DEC it all be fine but now a day she got pain in stomach and vagina she got pain into internal part and get sujan in her vagina.
Hello doctors, I am 29 years old and my husband age 44. Two days before MY period end and yesterday we did unprotected sex, is it safe few days? MY husband did not like to use condoms so what the best birth control method for me in this age? Please help. Thank You.
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.