Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rajashree P. RamkrishnaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I have the symptom of cataract. When I have to operate. What is the time of surgery. How to know the time Balachandran.
Hi since 2 weeks my eyes are red and watery and it is paining lot while I open my eyes pls tell me what should I do and what is my problem.
If a couple is having eyesight problemthen what are the chances of their next generation to be having serious eye problems like color blindness and other serious eyesight issues?
My age is 24. I have a continuous pain eyes, pulsator eyes, running water eyes and low vision eyes (5/6) power. What should I do to get 6/6 power in both the eyes. What are the things I have to avoid. What are the food habits I have to follow.
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
Sir I accidentally sprayed deo in my right eye. I am feeling little pain. please suggest me how to solve this problem.
It is always looks like Im a smoker or drunk because my eyes color is dark yellow:-(Pls suggest me better eye drop.
I have pain in my head on one side and also there is itching in my eyes and becomes red eyes. What to do doc?
Hello doctor, I am 16 years old and I have been facing ocular migraines from the age of 12! it blocks my eyes with some terrible transparent objects which fly in my vision and leads to a very painful headache as well! due to this I am not able to do things properly. I even am not able to concentrate in my studies due to the fear of having headaches and finally vision loss! please help me get rid of this ocular migraine please.
Hi Doctor, my eyes burn a lot now a days! Since I work more on lappi! And my digestive system is week and gastric trouble! please suggest.
Hi sir I am 20 years old boy. I have a problem that during yawing water from eyes comes out and headache problem also. I checked my eyes that RIGHT= -1.25 $ LEFT= -1.00. AXIS=98 So what is the vision for this and what should I do for this. Regards
1. Does having diabetes mean that I am at higher risk for other medical problems? 2. Should I start seeing other doctors regularly, such as an eye doctor? 3. How often should I test my blood sugar, and what should I do if it is too high or too low? 4. Are there any new medications that I could use to help manage my diabetes? 5. Does diabetes mean I have to stop eating the foods I like best? 6. How can exercise make a difference in my diabetes? 7. If I'm overweight, how many pounds do I have to lose to make a difference in my health? 8. Are my children at increased risk for the disease? 9. What is the importance of diet in diabetes? 10. Do I need to take my medications even on days that I feel fine?
Sir, My son is 18 years old. Nowadays we found he had color vision defect. Any solution for that problem?
Hi I am 24 years Old. I Have Problem In My Eyes. There Is Swelling In my Eyes Every Time. Its Look Like That I Never wash My Eyes and Face. I Have Checked 6 times and My Eye site Is Perfect now I Have To Solve It Earlier. please Hlp.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath