Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. RajasekarYour feedback matters!
My friend expresses that he has erectile dysfunction and he is suffering from diabetes but in control. Unable to get proper erection. Suggest.
I am 19 yrs old. I am not able to eat food because of ulcers. Its painful. What should I do? Please help me.
I am 35 years old. I am suffering from allergic like itching, rashes, red patches, firy skin after skretching. For last two years. Please help and suggest to cure this?
My wife has got PCOS & after her sonography we found her ovaries are bulky & small cysts as well. Can you please suggest what we can do to cure this & have a healthy pregnancy?
I m 18 yrs old girl and I want to ejaculate but I don't know the process can you tell the process of masturbation in detail.
I have belly fat so please tell me sir how to reduce it? And any home medicine is there. Another one question ma penis size is 5 inches wen it erect so please tell me how to increase my penis size.
My son aged 10 years have cough since yesterday. He coughed after 3 minutes one time .I am giving nebulizer treatment with 1.5 ml normal saline and 0.3 ml asthalin respules. Is any other cough syrup required.
I am 62 years old suffering from psoriasis for 16 years. Used alll forms of medicine (home, allopathy,unani, ayurveda etc. Suggest any latest remedy.
I am suffering from fever headache and vomiting since two days. How I am cure and what kind of Medicine I take.
Piles or hemorrhoids can be a debilitating disorder of the rectum and anus where passing stool becomes painful. It is the swelling of the veins in the anus and the rectum, which may then be bruised by hard stool passing through it or due to excessive pressure being put on it. This can be a very painful and embarrassing condition for many people to go through.
Remedies for piles at home
There are many remedies that you can try at home to reduce the pain and swelling and even reduce the hemorrhoids themselves over time. Let's look at a few of the options.
- Radish for treatment - In this treatment, a radish should be crushed and mixed with appropriate amounts of milk to form a thick paste, which is to be applied on the anus twice daily, and washed off after 15 minutes. This should relieve the symptoms in a few days.
- Cumin seeds paste - You can take a tablespoon of cumin seed powder, make it into a paste after adding water and then put it on the affected area. After leaving it for 15 minutes or so, it should be washed away with water. Repeating this twice daily will help with the symptoms and reduce pain.
- Diet - Lack of a balanced diet can be problematic for those with piles, and thus, it is recommended that enough roughage such as green leafy vegetables and fruits are included in the diet as well.
- Figs - Dried figs are also another great weapon against piles. Soaking some dried figs in warm water overnight and then having them in the morning is known to be good for smooth bowel movements, thus, relieving pressure on the rectal veins.
Some of the specific ayurvedic medication that are known to be helpful in treating piles are:
- Hareetaki - This is the fruit peel of Harad and if taken with 1 cupful of jaggery, it can reduce the symptoms of constipation as reported by many patients.
- Castor oil - Mixing a small teaspoon of castor oil with a glass of milk can also help soften the stool and reduce the stress on the rectal walls.
- Nagakesara - This is also an ayurvedic medicine, which is usually prescribed as oral medication three times daily and has proven its effectiveness many times over.
- Abhayarishta - 30 ml of this ayurvedic herb is also given to patients after food with equal parts water and has been known to be very effective.
- Kasiaditaila - This is an oil, which should be applied externally and it can help reduce the inflammation and itching caused by piles.
Swimmer’s ear is a condition, which is characterized by an infection in the outer ear. This infection usually stems from the water that remains in the ear after swimming, forming a moist environment that allows bacteria to grow and procreate. This condition can also develop if you happen to insert your finger or other foreign objects into the ears.
The symptoms of this disorder are usually mild in the beginning, but may worsen if left untreated. In its germinating stage, this condition exhibits symptoms such as itching in the ears and a watery discharge. If the disorder has progressed to an advanced stage, then the symptoms become slightly different. An intense pain on the particular side of the face, swelling in the ear and blockage of the ear canal are some of the common symptoms. In extreme cases, swelling of the lymph nodes and moderate to high fever can be indicative of this condition.
The causes of swimmer’s ear are bacteria that are found in soil and water. Your ears have a natural defense system against infections; glands in the ear secrete an acidic substance called ‘cerumen’ that kills the bacteria. The ear canal has a downward slope from the middle ear to the outer ear, thus allowing the water to drain out. Swimmer’s ear occurs when these defenses fail to work. This happens when there is excessive moisture in the ear canal, creating an environment for the bacteria to grow. In addition, certain factors such as swimming in dirty water, a narrow ear canal and excessive cleaning of the ear canal can lead to this condition.
The aim of the treatment is to prevent the infection from progressing and allow the ear to heal. The first step is to clean the ear canal so that the eardrops can reach the affected area. Once the ear is cleaned, eardrops are administered to get rid of the bacteria. The various medications that are used in the treatment of swimmer’s ear are:
1. Antibiotics: They are used to combat the bacteria that cause the infection.
2. Acidic solutions: It is used to restore the normal environment in the ear.
3. Steroids: These help in reducing the inflammation.
You may also be prescribed pain medications to treat the pain resulting from this condition. Try to avoid swimming till the condition heals completely. Make sure you aren’t inserting any foreign object in the ears as that may aggravate the situation further. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.