Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. RajarathinamYour feedback matters!
I m having hair fall problem and thin hair problem its falling continuous mn m feeling so tired every time can not sleep early. When its happen I use to start chatting on cellphone or surfing facebook n have lots of stress. Please help me.
I can not be positive. When I want, even I can not be happy. I just want to be me. Want to love myself. Please help.
I am smoking from the past 5 years . I am 26 years old. I am getting breathing problem frequently. Please suggest how to avoid it. Thanks in advance.
I have all the symptoms of ADD what should I do. I cannot concentrate on anything and I get bored with everything.
Good afternoon doctor, I am suffering from mental problem. I got engaged in december 2014 but due to some misunderstandings between elder people of both sides engagement got broken on january 3, 2015. Negative picture showed to girl thats why she is also under wrong impression about me as well as my family members. I tried at my level best to patch up the things but no use. Please tell me the solution for that. Thanks.
My brother sickness was identified schizophrenia in iran and we have done so much treatment in India, Turkey, Turkmenistan, iran Pakistan so he is still is not good Please help them. He is sick more than 25 years will pay your fees if he get will.
Hello sir, At the time of speaking i feel shie in public and other place also. What should i do for that?
My dad is having cervical myelopathy, neurogenic bladder, severe constipation, are on catheter, numbness in arms and other problems. And also now they are in severe depression and tried to attempt suicide 2 times. What to do? Doctors said operate for cervical but dad fear from operate, and also mentally he can't able to think about it. They only talk about their present problems and wanna have suicide. What to do doctors? Operate is also needed fast as per doctors, but also there is depression that stopping. Please give your opinion all doctors.
He is suffering in high fever since 3 days ago. Also he has pain all over his body. What should we shall do?
I am 24 years male. Daily I am struggling with the love feelings and sex desire. I am feeling very lonely. I feel like hugging Some one till I get satisfied. I want to make love. I don't know how to express. I want someone to take care of me and show me the love. I have done yoga and meditations to overcome this but I can not. Pls help me to overcome this.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.
I am 38 years old male. I am suffering from major depression. And I am feeling some sound from right side. May this is psychiatric depression. Currently I am taking cipralex 20mg each day. But still I have sleeping problems & headache. So please Suggest me medicines for recovering my health.
I feel tense and depressed while going for a party or attending any function. What can i do to overcome this.
Me n my wife having lots of misunderstandings. N she approached police too her family also listening to her only didn't even approach me. Police pple called me twice to council. N my wife in her mom's home for last two months til date. Now I'm trying to contact her still she is ignoring me.
I am male 50, depressed by doing better for others but get underestimated by them. Early childhood was without /having step mother. Bad experience of life. Always feel depressed even in social life.
I have gone through break up 8 months ago. And I am mentally very upset. I am very much upset. What should I do to get normal again.
01. Disturbance in the memory 02. Wants to do things in a hurry 03. Strange ideas and notions along With fears come into my mind 04. Looking forward to times when I am Nervous 05. Thinks understanding will and Must fail 06. Fear of death 07. Sadness, confusion and melancholy 08. Faintish and unsteady And also situation make worse in hot weather I have these problem. What is that type problems. please tell me some medicine.
For the past two centuries, Homeopaths have concentrated on the interconnection between psychology and physiology. It has been known for long that Homeopathy has no side effects on a person's overall health and thus, it should be implemented in curing mental and physical stress. Mental stress may result from a person's coping skills. You may respond to stress in a wrong way and this further complicates your situation.
You may fail to control your instinctive reactions. Medications in Homeopathy can actually remedy disorders regarding stress management. In many cases, it has been noticed that a physiological disease has a psychological impetus to itself. For instance, people falling under the 'Type A personality' category are more susceptible to heart problems. Their heart problems can be serious enough to make them undergo bypass surgeries.
An operation can be avoided, if only reasons behind problems at the surface are understood. Patients belonging to the 'Type A personality' category can suffer from 'hurry sickness' with symptoms like bouts of anger, impatience, aggression and hurriedness. These factors together enhance the risk of having heart problems later in life.
The following medicines tackle disorders without any side effects:
- Homeopaths advise you to take Aconitum napellus to reduce physical stress. Aconite napellus is known to treat problems such as a dry mouth, an irritable skin, a pounding heart and so on so forth. This can even cure problems resulting from a traumatic episode in past.
- Another Homeopathic medicine prescribed to deal with anxieties about future is Arsenicum album. If you have fears about your safety, about certainty or about what future has in store for you, this medicine can help you out.
- The medicine Phosphorus is known to treat fears of being alone. Many people are afraid of being alone. They need company all the time. Phosphorus also tackles common fears, such as fear of thunderstorms, fear of the dark or fear of ghosts for that matter.
- People facing anxieties about health or anxieties about death often evade sleeping at night. They hallucinate and see apparitions. Mental stress therefore, leads to physical stress. Kali- arsenicosum is one Homeopathic medicine to take care of such problems.
Homeopathy as an alternative branch of medicine, which comes to your relief without causing other bodily problems during the course of treatment. Hence, to fight mental or physical stress you must try out Homeopathy.