Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajarajan VenkatesanYour feedback matters!
Meri sister 19 years old h aur uske hands per and neck per white spots h aur ye spots usko 7 to 8 years se h, har jagah uska treatment karwaya but koi fayda nii hua. Kya aap koi upay bata sakte h.
I have 3 by 2 inch permanent tattoo on my wrist is it possible to remove and how much it costs around?
Hi I'm a male wat do good looking and fairer mens or boys or women or gals do to keep their skin or face fairer and clean and healthy wat they do how they take care of their face or skin to keep it clean, healthy and fairer and clear and glowing wat routine they follow or do I also wanna keep my skin or face clean or take good care of my skin or face keeping it clean, fairer and healthy 0plz tel me wat to do take look or take care of my skin like rich people or good looking mens or boys or women or gals do to keep or look their face or skin clean, fairer and healthy and glowing please tel me how they take care of their face and skin to keep it clean, fairer, clear, and healthy wat they do to keep it clean and healthy clear fairer glowing skin please Tel me.
My fiance breast is paining badly when I press her breast at our time of intercourse is it a big problem or I need to consult a doctor we are having sex since last 5 months and from first she was not having the problem but after some time it started paining and at the time I cannot fondle because of the fear of her pain. Is it some of major disease kindly help so that I can help her with this.
I hv got hyperpigmentation on my face leading to dark and black patches, please suggest me some medication.
Hath Par fat rahe hai or mai glycerine lagata hoo to theek ho jati hai Jab bhi Dhoop or bahar ghar ke niklta hoon to puri body mai itching hone lagti hai.
Hello doctor I am sharath living in hyderabad I have a problem that I am suffering from rashes , on my face from few days . Recently I consulted some doctors who suggested me some ointments like NILAC GEL etc but they are not working so please suggest me any medicine doctor.
My face complexion is little dark. I want to be fair. Could you give me the name of pills and cream name that can I become fair?
I am 21 years old and from a few weeks back I am suffering from chest pain. Don't know the reason why I am getting pain. I Am getting fear that I have breast lumps what to do to confirm this?
I got scratch marks on my arms by joining zym. Please advice me what to do and how to recover from this scratch marks.
It is a well-documented fact in medical science that the ultraviolet rays and radiation have been considered as too carcinogenic for humans. This is a fact that has been endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO). These rays can causes a number of skin problems ranging from premature aging to skin cancer in case a person is exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time. Read this article to know how sun exposure can put your aging process on the fast track.
- All about UV Radiation: UV or ultraviolet radiation is found in the sunlight which travels to the Earth in the form of electromagnetic waves. This radiation passes through the ozone layers with the sunlight and gets absorbed as waves of energy that one cannot physically see or feel. So, if we were to avoid wearing protective clothing, hats and sunscreen, then we would be exposed to these harmful rays. Aging is the number one form of damage that can be caused due to these UV rays which are also classified as UVA or UVB. These rays are the number one cause of premature aging, while smoking comes in a close second.
- Skin Cells: The UV rays basically have an adverse effect on the skin cells which can also spread to the DNA in our skin. This can have a negative effect on the protective functions of our skin which in turn, affects the way our dead skin cells get replenished. It can also affect the production of collagen which is the chemical that keeps our skin supple and young looking. It also has a bearing on how many other chemicals are produced in our body. Over production of certain chemicals can also spell doom and lead to premature aging and pigmentation. Melanin is one such chemical which can cause deep tanning and pigmentation if it is present in large quantities - a problem faced mainly due to sun exposure.
- Photoaging: When the sun damages our skin due to prolonged exposure, this can be termed as photoaging in medical terms. This also signifies the loss of the skin's ability to repair itself due to repeated episodes of being in the sun without ample protection, which can impair the collagen production as mentioned above. This will result in a loss of skin elasticity which in turn, will lead to sagging skin.
- Skin Changes: The changes in the skin will get tattooed onto the skin's memory which will retain its leathery texture that would be a result of too much sun exposure over time. This can also lead to premature aging.
Always step out with plenty of protection and do not stay in the Sun for too long in order to avoid this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am female in my face has full of pimples how to remove the pimples and how to improve skin tone of the my skin please help me.
Hello doctor My eye is sunken and dark circle due its underweight or any other problem And can I get rid of from dark circle nd sunken eye If I get rid from this problem and how Plzzz suggest any medicine or cream which have no side effect reply rply as soon as problem bcz my face is looking ugly from this problem.
Hi I'm a male my face is dark or black I want to look fairer and have clear and glowing skin please help me out wat should I do how to look or get fairer or get fair skin please help me out or wat should I apply for my face to look and get fairer and glowing clear skin fast please help me out with this plz.
Hello Dr. m suffering from dark circles under my eyes one of my friend suggest me to use no marks cream and fair N lovely cream in equal amount under my eyes twice daily should I go for it? Is it save for my eyes kindly suggest me or should I go for laser treatment. Pls help thank you.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.