Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RajarajanYour feedback matters!
She has an allergy in her eyes since 4 years. Every year in summers she suffer itches in her eyes so much. We consult so many doctors for it but no improvement from anywhere. After that someone told me to use PYRIMON eyedrop. She use that one and a drastic change comes. Pyrimon removes itch totally. So I want to ask that it is good to use or is there any problem or side effects of it. Please tell me.
My eyes are always very tired inspite of good sleep. I consulted ophthalmologist but she said that. Every thing is normal n perfect. I am still facing problems in my eyes. I hav microcytic normochromic anemia. I am facing difficulty in my studies becoz of my eyes.
My friend in eyes after 3 day to very pain. Nd eye is red. So what's solution at this problem? Nd my friend what will do?
My age is 36 years old and not married. I am using minoxidil 5% for last 8 months. Earlier it showed significant effect and hair fall stopped and saw few hair growth, but for last 2 months, suddenly more hair fall and hair fall even from roots now. Not seeing any positive effect. So what I should do? Should I stop this minoxidil 5% permanently? Because I do not want to loss more hairs. My middle scalp is showing as bald. Please suggest. If any good solution apart from this, without any single medicines with full head of hair permanently. Please suggest.
Need urgent advice on my sudden myopia, which is worsening by the weekchecked blood sugar HB1AC and blood fasting and both within limits. Im a KCO myasthania gravis since april 2015 and symptoms are under control. Had thymectomy and single bypass in aprol 2015 and severe worsening of myasthenia in june 2015 given pulse steroid and IVIG therapy in june 2015. Currently on Azoran 75mg, pyridostigmine bromide 180mg and prednisolone 15mg / day. Last 15 years eyes had -4.5 and -1.75 however now they are around -6 or -7 fluctuating and this is really alarming. Please help.
Hello doctors, My am 30 year male. I have some problem in my right lag at knee junction. While I am running so, there starting pain and I am moving inch. I consult with orthologist and done MRI of my knee they suggest me go for operation because your knee ligament capture broken. Its should only treatment. So, I request to you kindly advice me is there any thing which I will try to neglect operation.
I m naveen n m 22 years old I hve a low vision on my left eye. So what can I do for dat give any precautions to that.
Hello, my age 23/m. Recently I went for an eye test. Dr says u hav an eyesight.Power ( L -0.75sp -0.50cy axis 95 & R -0.50sp -0.50cy axis 90). [i am a student and i, also work on p.C] Do I need specs? I am using specs only for sometime because I am getting headache after wearing them. But I can see clearly with glasses. Do i wear them constantly frm morning to nyt? Or only fr sometime?
In summer season my eyes gets DRY white YARN type thing are developed inside my eyelid When I rub them STICKY TEARS are beginning to fall Is it allergy or conjunctivitis or something else please suggest me better medicine.
The answer to this question is YES. Your child does need an eye examination at regular intervals starting from his or her birth. But the problem is that most, if not all parents don’t know this and wait for a problem to appear before taking their child to an ophthalmologist. Healthy eyes and vision determine your child’s overall development. And her eyes should be examined regularly so that vision problem like near or farsightedness, cataracts and the lazy eye can all be detected and treated early. So, vision care and eye checks should be a part of your child's routine medical care.
- Routine medical examination timing for ensuring good vision for your child are:
- As a newborn, your baby should be checked for eye health by a Paediatrician.
- If your baby is born prematurely, then retinal examination on 30th day of birth is very important to rule out Retinopathy of Prematurity which is a blinding condition
- If the child has obvious eye irregularities or there is a history of eye problems in your family, you should get your little one checked by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- In the first year of your child’s life, you must get a routine screening for your baby’s eye health.
- At 3 years, take your child for an eye health screening and visual acuity tests that measure sharpness of vision.
- Repeat the same when your child is around five years of age.
- Your child should be examined regularly after age five.
But, if the child presents with symptoms like frequent headaches and squinting, you should rush your child to an eye doctor. Your child needs an eye exam when
- He/she rubs his/her eyes constantly
- He / she suffers from extreme light sensitivity
- Has trouble focusing
- Is not able to follow an object properly with his/her eyes
- Has abnormal alignment or movement of the eyes after six months of age
- Suffers chronic redness of the eyes
- Has chronic tearing of the eyes
- Has a white pupil instead of black
If your child has started school, the signs to look out for include
- Not being unable to see objects at a distance and having trouble reading the blackboard
- Having difficulty reading
- Sitting too close while watching TV
If your child has signs of poor vision or crossed eyes or if you see signs of an eye problem like excessive watering and discharge from the eyes; have your child’s eyes examined right away.
Common eye problems
- Lazy eye or Amblyopia – If your child faces a problem of poor vision in one or both eyes. The eyes may also have a difference in the refractive error of two eyes. If untreated, amblyopia can cause irreversible visual loss in the affected eye. It is best treated before your child is eight years old.
- Strabismus - This is a misalignment of the eyes and presents as one of the eye turning in, out, up, or down. If detected early, vision in both your child’s eyes can be restored by patching the properly aligned eye, which forces the misaligned eye to work. Misaligned eye can be aligned with help of appropriate glasses, prisms, exercises or surgery
- Refractive errors - Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child.
Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.