Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. RajarajanYour feedback matters!
I had pimple marks and some inflammation on nose. Apart from some medicine, my doctor advised me to apply elocon cream to apply on nose. After reading a little about this, I am little suspicious. Please suggest.
My father have retinal problem in eyes. His vision goes down darkness day by day. Acute headache in sunlight, vision gayab, water comes with eyes. please suggest something for him.
My brother is 14 years old and he is using a spectacle as he have hyperopia (long sightedness. Can he be again able to see properly without lens or spectacles?
Myself shruthi, 21 yrs, female, I am working , I am getting eye- irritation when watching computer as I see it till evening, so what is the solution?
I have a pain in my whole body as well red eyes also from last seven days I take some pain killers but they didn't give any effect please help me thank you .
I am 26 years male and my eye sight is getting weak year by year. What should I do so that my eye sight remains good. Please explain.
I accidentally hit my left side of the skull above the ear by a sharp and rigid corner of an object (bed) and now that part of my skull is swelled. Is this minor and would be healed automatically if not what should I do?
Hi My father is suffering from angina pain (no stroke) n he got the angiography done for it. The result says that he is having nearly 100% blockage in his left artery n 75-30% in his other two arteries. So the Dr. Recommend for the bypass surgery only n said no other options (angioplasty/stent/balloon) can be done in this case. Now, we want to get it double check in some other hospital to see if surgery could be ruled out with some different results. Now here comes my question. We want to get the angiography done again to verify the earlier result. But from the different hospital this time. Is it possible for him to get angiography done twice within a short duration of says 20-25 days? Any insight or a candid advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see some expert's comment on this please. Thanks a lot. Regards, Hiral.
My eye is aching from previous five days and water comes out continually m very afraid for that its very major problem for me suggest me the best way to come over it.
My eyes is very weak. I hv to wear specs. please tell me lasik surgery. Is better or harmful? If not please tell me other option?
I have a problem with my eye I can not able to see the thing near to me I have very much problem when reading.
I got hurt on my right eye.Do you apply a chemical ice pack to an eye injury or not?What other alternative is possible?
Hi I am having a medium sized lump under my lower eye lid from 3 weeks which is not hurting. I expected it to be gone naturally. But now to the side of the lump I am having a thin inflammation which cannot be noticed but it is paining in that region (which is not the actual lump region). Please suggest anything to reduce pain and inflammation before I consult.
Hello, my eyes look yellowish. I've consulted a doctor. Checked the LFT. It shows high bilirubin count. The doctor said there is nothing to worry. But I'm really worried. Is there any cure. What is your diagnosis of my condition?
Last 2 to 3 month. I am feeling not clear vision to my eyes. Whenever I use cold water to my eyes. It gives good result up to 10-15 minutes. After that feeling not clear vision. Is it increases my permanent eye point or temporary because of any problem? please tell me briefly.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.