Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajamurali
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajamuraliYour feedback matters!
Hi, My elder son is 2 years 9 months old and he is not concentrating what we/his teacher said. I showed him to one of our famous doctor in Mumbai. The doctor said it may be a sign of Autism but they are not confident. We have done genetic test as recommend by Doctor but as per the reports there is no clinically relevant CNC is observed but still I observed that concentration of my child is lesser than other children. In addition to that my child is not forget anything, he is speaking on 1or 2 words, he speak more than 150 words when I show the pictures to him. I am quite confused and scared that is he suffering in Autism. Can you please suggest.
Mera 45 days ka beta he uska low weight birth hua tha abhi uska weight 2 kg 700 gm he uski body bahot patli he khas karke hand n leg bahot patle he kya me usko sypon drop de sakta hu ya apke pass koi idea hoto aap please muje batao kh.
Hi, I have 15 months old daughter. I did not understand what should I give her to eat bcoz she has no interest in fruits. I m very tensed pls suggest me why is healthy food for her?
I have 1 year old child, he is under weight near about 2 kg from standards ,all other things are normal. Please suggest.
I have 7yrs old son and he is suffering with adenoid transcle since 3yrs and he is taking prescribed medicines, now doctor advice is to go for surgery. Is it compulsary for the children. Once our doctor said that these transcles will cure automatically when the boy grows. Doubts ------------- 1) if the surgery is necessary how much it cost 2) after the surgery throat is effected or not 3) does it effect the other child.
Hi my son is 5 months old and his potty is continuously green from last two months after treatment only day he does yellow potty Potty is semi solid Dr. may I know what is the reason of it. Is it any infection. And his weight is normally increasing.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.