Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
We are married since last 8months, and stayed together for 4months only and had sex regularly only because we both are in different places now but no pregnancy found. By next month we will again start staying together so please advise what type of diet should We include to have good sex life and how can I get pregnant? Also advise how many days we should have sex and when to stop for getting pregnant? What precaution should we take after having sex. Please guide I feel shy to ask this to any Dr. on personal visit. So please guide me properly.
Homeopathic medicine is the type of medicine in which natural herbs and their extracts are used for treating various health conditions in a person. This type of medication is highly effective for many ailments that can affect an individual's health without causing any side effects. But remember that, doctors who prescribe these medicines generally offer a series of precautions that the patients have to follow so that the medicines can be fully effective.
Precautions for Homeopathy
Once you consult a homeopathic doctor, make sure that you follow the regime and rules that he/she sets for you. These precautions may be related to food, time and frequency of medicine intake, dosage or things you should avoid while undergoing the treatment. Here is a detailed look at what you might need to pay attention to:
- The regime that has been provided for the medicine needs to be followed and you must ensure that the medicines are taken properly.
- People generally tend to take overdose of the prescribed medicine thinking that it would increase the potency of the ingredients and thus treat them faster. This notion has to be definitely avoided, since the medicine prescribed needs to be taken as per the dosage recommended. An overdose can lead to side effect.
- If the doctor mentions that you must report back after consuming the medicine for 10 to 15 days, you should definitely visit the doctor on the particular day and not later. You must never keep continuing the medicine after the prescribed time period.
- In case of morning dosage that are prescribed to be taken right after you wake up, rinse the mouth with plain water and never brush your teeth or use a mouthwash. This will hinder the medicine's action.
- Medicines should be taken at least 20 to 30 minutes prior to or after a meal.
- Most of the doctors advise patients to abstain from coffee and garlic when they are on homeopathic medicines.
- Medicines tend to have better effect if they are allowed to remain on the tongue for a long time. This is the reason why doctors tell their patients to not chew the medicines.
- Never touch the medicine with bare hands.
- In case you have missed a dosage, say for the night, do not compensate by taking it the next day morning and rather take the medicine at the prescribed time.
- The sweet globules of homeopathic medicines make children to have them extra. Thus the bottle must never be handed over to children. Parents should administer the dosage themselves.
- Homoeopathic medicines should not be taken soon after smoking or drinking, if possible it should be avoided.
- Mother tinctures and liquid doses should be added in water in glass or porcelain cup, not in any metallic vessel. There is no need to keep the medicines in refrigerator.
MY T3 IS 1.87 , T4 IS 15.5, TSH IS 1.99 AND PROLACTIN IS 44.17. I am a PCOD patient is dere any problem with these results. Please suggest me doctors
I have heavy bleeding during periods. Dr has prescribed me sylate 500 during periods. What would be the impact if i take it every mth? Any other solution to my problem?
Did you know that HIV/AIDS is still one of the top 10 killers among African Americans ? 5th for men, 7th for women? Furthermore, the majority of all reported cases of gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis occur among Blacks, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There?s no vaccine to prevent HIV or cure for AIDS or viral STDs, but in 2015, there are so many ways to protect yourself and others from infection.
1. ?You and your health matter.? You can shape your health and future by taking care of your sexual health today. We know you have a lot on your plate, but you need to make room for sexual health. Just like other aspects of your health ? heart health, diabetes and blood pressure ? it?s worth your time. Taking care of your sexual health can help you enjoy a healthier body, satisfying sexual life, positive relationships and peace of mind.
First, value who you are and decide what?s right for you. Sex is a natural part of life, and it can bring you pleasure, intimacy and joy, but it?s up to you to decide if and when you choose to have sex. Think about what you want in line with your personal values, desires and boundaries. These might change depending on your stage in life.
Treat your partners well and expect them to treat you well. Be with someone who makes you feel good about yourself, comfortable and safe. Partners should respect your boundaries and should care your about health.?
2. ?Get smart about your body and protect it. There are many different ways you can express yourself sexually and some activities are riskier than others. Before you have sex, it?s important to get informed about the risks of different sexual activities and the steps you can take to help protect yourself. If you?re engaging in vaginal, anal or oral sex, barrier methods, such as the male and female condom can greatly reduce your risk of contracting HIV and other STIs.
And women, if you?re having sex, you need to think about protecting yourself from both unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections. Condoms are the only method that offers dual protection. Some women are now using two methods ? a condom along with another contraceptive method, such as the IUD or pill ? to provide added protection against pregnancy. African-American girls are leading the way when it comes to dual protection with 13 percent using this strategy.?
3. ?Get tested for HIV. Testing is the gateway to care and treatment. With care and treatment, people with HIV can lead longer and healthier lives, just as people live with other long-term health conditions, but if you wait to too long, treatment is not as effective.
HIV testing is recommended at least once for all adolescents and adults. You should be tested at least once a year if you have had sex without a condom, have multiple partners, have an STI, or share drug-injection equipment.
If you?re a man who has sex with men, you should be tested at least once a year. And, you should be tested every 3-6 months if you have unprotected sex, have multiple partners, share drug-injecting equipment, or have a partner who engages in any of these behaviors.?
4. ?Get screened regularly for other sexually transmitted infections, which can increase your risk for HIV. People who have genital herpes, syphilis, and gonorrhea are more likely to get HIV. These STIs, which can cause a sore or break in the skin, disrupt barriers that provide protection against infections and may allow HIV to more easily enter your body. Regular screening is key since many of these STIs don?t have symptoms, but if they?re detected early, they can be cured or effectively treated. Regular screening for a variety of STIs is recommended for both women and men.?
5. ?If you are at significant risk of HIV infection, consider taking Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), which is a drug that can prevent HIV infection. People who are at significant risk of HIV infection should talk with their health care provider about PrEP. PrEP can help you prevent HIV by taking a pill every day. It can lower risk by 92 percent (CDC). To be the most effective, it must be taken every day. When someone is exposed to HIV through sex or injection drug use, PrEP can help stop the virus from establishing a permanent infection. PrEP is a powerful prevention tool, and when combined with condoms and other prevention methods, it can provide even greater protection than if used alone.?
6. ?Make sexual health part of your health care routine. Find a health care provider who makes you feel comfortable. Have open conversations about how to stay healthy, and any concerns that you have. Take charge of your health and make sure you get all of the sexual health care services that are recommended for you, including vaccines and screenings for STIs and HIV. To learn more about specific services for women and men.
My wife' s tsh level is 9. 46, is this high if so pl advice her age is 45 years and weight is 85 kgs and height is 5. 4 please suggest
I have an issue of irregular periods. Please suggest me the home made tips which helps for regular periods.
I am 30 years old. I want to go for a pilgrimage. I am on my first day of my periods. How to stop it immediately?
I'm drinking lemon and honey in hot water every morning, will that affect my babies weight during breast feed? can I drink green? how can I lose weight during breast feeding without diet?
Meri delivery 1 January ko hui thi. C. Section hua tha. Mera beta ab 4 months 15 days ka ho gya h. Shuru mein main breastfeeding krwa rhi thi pr sath mein lactogen milk b deti thi ab mujhe doodh aana bht bht km ho gya h. please mujhe koi tareeka bataein jis se doodh jald se jald badhe koi home remedy batayein or kis wajah se doodh km ho raha h wo b batayen plz.
Hello Doctor if any girls have sex at once, and haven't sex over long period her hymen recover by itself?
I am 23 years old female my weight is 63 and height is 5.1 am putting on weight gradually. I work in night shift. I know putting on weight will make a way for many health issues. I am already facing indigestion problem. What diet should I follow to decrease my weight? Please suggest.
Me 5th month pregnant hu baby deliverd hone ke bad mujhe kya khana chahiye ki mera figure khrab na ho or pet mota na ho ya ab kya khana chhiye jisse baby gora ho mere chehre pe bhut jhai pd gyi h uske liye koi medicine please
The weight loss “industry” is full of myths.
People are being advised to do all sorts of crazy things, most of which have no evidence behind them.
Over the years, however, scientists have found a number of strategies that seem to be effective.
Here are 26 weight loss tips that are actually evidence-based.
1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals
It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true.
Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories
One study showed that drinking a half literf water about a half an hour before meals helped dieters eat fewer calories and lose 44% more weight.
2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast
Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.
Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat. If you can’t eat eggs for some reason, then that’s fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick.
3. Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)
Coffee has been unfairly demonized. Quality coffee is loaded with antioxidants, and can have numerous health benefits.
Studies show that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3-11%, and increase fat burning by up to 10-29% Just make sure NOT to add a bunch of sugar or other high-calorie ingredients to it. That will completely negate any benefit you get from the coffee.
4. Drink Green Tea
Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss.
Green tea contains small amounts of caffeine, but it is also loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are also believed to work synergistically with the caffeine to enhance fat burning.Although the evidence is mixed, there are many studies showing that green tea (either as a beverage or a green tea extract supplement) can help you lose weight.
5. Cook With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very healthy. It is high in special fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than other fats.
These fats have been shown to boost metabolism by 120 calories per day, and also reduce your appetite so that you eat up to 256 fewer calories per day.
Keep in mind that this is not about adding coconut oil on top of what you’re already eating, it is about replacing some of your current cooking fats with coconut oil.
6. Take a Glucomannan Supplement
A fiber called glucomannan has been shown to cause weight loss in several studies.
This is a type of fiber that absorbs water and “sits” in your gut for a while, making you feel more full and helping you eat fewer calories.Studies have shown that people who supplement with glucomannan lose a bit more weight than those who don’t.
7. Cut Back on Added Sugar
Added sugar is the single worst ingredient in the modern diet, and most people are eating way too much of it.
Studies show that sugar (and high fructose corn syrup) consumption is strongly associated with the risk of obesity, as well as diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and others.If you want to lose weight, you should be cutting back on added sugars. Just make sure to read labels, because even so-called health foods can be loaded with sugar.
8. Eat Less Refined Carbs
Refined carbohydrates are usually sugar, or grains that have been stripped of their fibrous, nutritious parts (includes white bread and pasta).
Studies show that refined carbs can spike blood sugar rapidly, leading to hunger, cravings and increased food intake a few hours later. Eating refined carbs is strongly linked to obesity.If you’re going to eat carbs, make sure to eat them with their natural fiber.
9. Go on a Low Carb Diet
If you want to get all the benefits of carb restriction, then consider taking this all the way and going on a low carb diet.
Numerous studies show that such a diet (or “way of eating”) can help you lose 2-3 times as much weight as a standard low-fat diet, while improving your health at the same time .
10. Use Smaller Plates
Using smaller plates has been shown to help people automatically eat fewer calories in some studies. Weird trick, but it seems to work.
The good news is that most women who get gestational hypertension have only a mild form of the condition and don't develop it until near term (37 weeks or later). If you're in this category, you still have a somewhat higher risk of being induced or having a c-section, but other than that, you and your baby are likely to do as well as you would if you had normal blood pressure.
However, about 1 in 4 women with gestational hypertension go on to develop preeclampsia during pregnancy or labor, or soon after giving birth. And you have a 50 percent chance of getting preeclampsia if you develop gestational hypertension before 30 weeks.
Having gestational hypertension also puts you at increased risk for a number of other pregnancy complications, including intrauterine growth restriction, preterm birth, placental abruption, and stillbirth. Because of these risks, your caregiver will monitor you and your baby carefully.