Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalakshmi T GYour feedback matters!
I have missed my period last month last period comes around July last week its more than 45 days what should I do. Also I have not done any unprotected sex.
Hi doctor. My wife has last menstrual date on 16-12-2016. Till today she doesn't got period. I have checked today in hospital and the result is positive. Now she is 1 month 10 days pregnant. Can I have sex with her everyday or else I have to stop.
I am four weeks pregnant. I am suffering frm severe headache and lower abdominal pain. Is that normal?
I had sex and after that my period came on its date last month. But this month I missed my period. Am I pregnant? Or any chance of pregnancy? After that I had not sex.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm. Internet porn is the new kid on the block in the world of addiction:
Easy accessibility of porn can give you a quick spike of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many boys and girls. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has affecting their relationships.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However, a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but, would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of the effects of porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
- Premature ejaculation problem ( quick masturbation leads to chronic less timing to discharge)
- Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
- Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
- Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
- Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends
Thus, it is imperative that you seek sexologist or sexual counsellor for help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
Dear doctor, I have taken i-pill first time. For how many days my upcoming periods can be delay? Please give me your vice advice. thinking you.
I have infections on my vagina. A doctor advised me to put olive oil in the affected part. I think I put it abusively. I put too much olive oil whenever my vagina itch and the olive oil works instantly, the itch will be gone in an instant. But now, i'm suffering from some urinating problems. My bladder hurts so bad whenever I pee. Especially when I am about to finish peeing. I mean, when the urine coming out of my vagina is decreasing. I feel so bad about my bladder. I saw blood in my urine. Just a little bit. I don't know where does it came from since I have an infection, but I must say that my wounds are healed and I think the blood came from my bladder. It hurst so bad, I can't sleep cause i'm peeing every 30 seconds. It is so painful. I'm thinking does the olive oil entered my vagina and causing this pain? What about the blood? What are the medicines I am going to take? Please help me, I need your help so bad. Thank you.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 27th of may actually it was 6th day of my menstrual cycle. There was ejaculation around 3 times. Now am worried that whether am pregnant or not because till now it has been a month approximately but I didn't got my periods yet. Can you suggest me any tablet to get my periods? Like cytolog?
I had sex with my wife on 13-02-15 without protection.After 4 hrs i gave hr a pill of unwanted-72 .Bt now she fell weakness and sevre headache.I still worried .Is she got pregnancy?
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation.
Hi team, Please provide me a diet chart. I am 26. I am doing night shifts. Can't maintain myself. Thanks.
My periods are not regular and take long time to close like 6 to 10 days. And in heavy manner. My baby is 1.4 year old. After pregnancy periods are irregular. Please suggest any thing.?
Hi doctor myself Sana am 18 years old am suffering from mensuration till 4 may to still running what should I do to stop this please suggest me something.
I have been married nd now we are planning to make a family. We tried since past two months but did not get any results. Some say A position with pillow, some say B position etc. Please help me with this and also what time is best for intercourse if we want to plan for family.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and my back pains in the morning and sometimes in day too. Whats the reason doctor.
She is suffering from too much pain while every month of period time. So will be step to control the pain?
Since last 1 year I am continuously gaining weight, drastic change in skin as wells as irregular periods.
Sleep: ensure to get a good night's rest. Sleep is restoration for body. It plays a vital role in enhancing learning capacity as well as memory
Eat: have five small meals a day rather three large ones. Eating regularly will help to satiate hunger. Do including generous portions of fresh fruits and vegetables
Stretch: this will help improve range of motion refers joints flexion and extension
Exercise: choose a form of fitness to enjoy. Even walking for 40 to 60 minutes every day of same time pattern is a good form of cardio vascular exercise