Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalakshmi T GYour feedback matters!
I am a lawyer so I hv to attend my work place regularly. Is it safe to go office regularly during pregnancy. This is my 2nd week of pregnancy and my first pregnancy,
Hiee sir I have sore throat problem and somehow its not getting any better .and also keep on sneezing .usually when I get up in the morning I have running nose .and almost every time idk why .it is like I have a problem that I catch cold very easily. .i do not know whether it is some kind pf allergy or not. Presently I am on a homeopathy treatment for PCOD and the aforesaid problem Wherein the doctor advised me 2 stop eating junk food bcoz I hav gained weight and not having periods regular. I usually avoid eating outside food .bt today my cousin forced me 2 hav bit .and now I have this pain in my throat. Idk what to do .it is paining allot .and also I am afraid that did eating junk affected my treatment or not.
My wife's hsbag report of hepatitis b is positive and also she is pregnant but my report for same is negative or nonreactive. Can it affect to baby and can I do sex with her.
Dr. Sir my wife now in her 15th weeks pregnant so can we do intercourse now. One thing more I want to know that my wife discharge liquid even talking about Sex, so if I licking her vagina, is this liquid harmful for me. Kindly sought out this
My period had stop 3 days ago, last night I had sex with my husband, he got discharged inside me, today morning time had a slice pineapple and papaya. Is there possible of getting pregnant or not.
Going to get married soon. What is the most generic way used by couples to prevent pregnancy. I don't want to use a condom every time while having intercourse.
I am having unsafe sex with my girlfriend while she is in periods. By mistake I ejaculated inside is there any chances of pregnancy. Or what I have to do for avoiding that pregnancy.
I am 12 weeks pregnant and I get still lower abdomen pain it feels poky, however my gynac told me its normal, pain will dissaper in further weeks but I can still feel something poky just above my pelvic. is that normal, also I have little stomach fats.
Diabetes is a condition that affects the pancreas to the extent that they do not release the required quantity of insulin, which can lead to a high blood sugar level as the body starts to absorb excess glucose from the food that it ingests. This can be of various types and have different implications for different patients. While many experts insist that keeping a low cholesterol level and low weight is a primary requirement for treatment of diabetes patients, there are a number of myths in this regard. Not eating fat is one such myth that we are out to prove wrong today.
So read on to find out why diabetic people need to eat fat:
- Saturated Fats and Trans Fats: There are studies that demonstrate how saturated fats can actually prove to be beneficial for diabetes patients. These can be found in various sources like fish and nuts. This releases heptadecanoic acids, which can normalise the blood sugar levels as well as the insulin and triglyceride levels in the body.
- Dairy Fat: The use of milk and yogurt as well as butter can actually be help in bringing the blood sugar levels down. It also shows up favourably on the lipoprotein markers. Butter in particular is known to have clarifying properties that can bring down the risk of diabetes as well. One must take care to use dairy products that are fat free.
- Animal Fat: Having meat which releases fat and having dairy products like cheese and milk which releases healthy saturated fats are two different things. One can replace carbs and meat with these kinds of products so that there is better absorption and creation of quality animal fats which can actually help the insulin levels.
- Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated Fats: Food items like fish and nuts that carry high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids as well as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats can help patients suffering from diabetes by clearing the bloodstream of cholesterol and high lipid levels. This also prevents the risk of heart disease and arterial blockages. These kinds of fats are also found in flax seeds, soya products and walnuts.
Going low on carbohydrates and avoiding sugar is usually recommended for patients suffering from diabetes. Yet, it is important to have your fill of essential fats as mentioned above with the help of dairy products, clarified better, omega three fatty acids, dry fruits, soya products and some amount of vegetable oils, as these actually have a number of benefits for these patients. These kinds of fats are not known to cause heart disease or high cholesterol.
Sir. I am a mother .I have one girl baby 7 months old baby. When I got my delivery .I have one little problem some times not daily I have tight motion problem. Some times that place paining full day. Give some tips. To avoid this problem.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Cause: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.