Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajalakshmi T G
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalakshmi T GYour feedback matters!
Some people experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction and think of consuming Viagra. Viagra is the market name of a substance called Sildenafil, which is used for the correction of erectile dysfunction. It creates hypertension in the blood vessels, enabling you to get an enhanced erection. Viagra is quite useful for boosting your sexual performance. However, you may experience several side effects on your health. Before deciding on using a pack of Viagra, it is advised to consult a doctor to know the exact dosage that would work for you.
1. 50 mg is the recommended dosage for men in general. The dose can be sometimes increased up to 100 mg. It depends on tolerance and effectiveness. The dose may also be decreased to 25 mg in some cases. It is also advised not to take Viagra more than once a day. The dosage will have to be altered if you take other prescribed medicines.
2. Viagra single packs are also prescribed by doctors. Single packs are available in dosages of 25, 50 and 100 mg.
When should you avoid viagra?
Viagra should be avoided in some cases.
These include the following:
1. In case you take prescribed nitrates for chest pain or pulmonary disorder, your doctor would advise you not to use Viagra due as it increases the risk of high blood pressure, which can be quite disastrous for your health.
2. Many people are allergic to sildenafil, which is a substance present in Viagra.
Side effects of consuming viagra
Viagra causes several serious side effects on the body. Therefore, it is very important to take a doctor’s advice and know about the different adversities. The most common side effects include the following:
1. Priapism: This is a condition where your erection lasts for about four hours or longer and does not end. Permanent damage to the penis is indicated if this condition is not treated.
2. Loss of vision and hearing impairment: Viagra may cause Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). This disorder may lead to loss of vision in one or both the eyes. Tinnitus or hearing impairment is another condition, which may occur as a side effect of consuming Viagra.
You should always consult a doctor before you decide to take as he would know best about the dosage required by your body. He will also advise you about an ideal method of usage.
Hi, last month I got period 5 (feb 5 2017), but from yesterday my feeling was I got period but actually the bleeding was too low and colour also different, am I pregnant or any health issue.
Bacterial vaginosis is a condition which is characterized by an infection in the vagina. The vagina consists of both good and bad bacteria which remain in a state of balance. Bacterial vaginosis occurs when the balance of bacteria in the vagina gets disrupted. The count of bad bacteria in the vagina tends to increase as compared to the count of good bacteria.
It occurs when the balance of bacteria in the vagina is upset. There are certain factors that may make you prone to this disorder; some of them are:
Douching: Douching is a process of cleaning the vagina with water or cleansing agents. This process leads to an imbalance in the amount of good and bad bacteria in the vagina.
Multiple Sex Partners: Women who have multiple sex partners are at an increased risk of getting affected by bacterial vaginosis.
Lack of Good Bacteria in the Vagina.
The usual symptom of this disorder is a foul smelling vaginal discharge. The color of the discharge may be yellow or gray. The foul smell emanating from the vagina may intensify post coitus.
Given below are the treatments for this disorder –
Clindamycin: Clindamycin is a cream that helps treat bacterial vaginosis.
Metronidazole: This medication may be either administered orally or applied in the form of gel. It is advised to stay away from alcohol during the course of this treatment, as it reduces the efficacy.
Tinidazole: This is an oral medication administered to treat bacterial vaginosis. Akin to metronidazole, it is advised to avoid alcohol during the course of this treatment.
Following certain tips can help prevent bacterial vaginosis.
Avoid Douching: Douching can upset the balance of bacteria in the vagina; hence it is best to avoid it entirely.
Do not use scented toiletries: Using scented toiletries is not good for the vagina as it can disrupt the balance of bacteria in the vagina.
Practice safe sex: Use protection while engaging in sexual intercourse to prevent STIs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi doctor, I missed my period this month and I had an cyst on left ovary whch had been removed last year. After operation my periodic cycle was normal. Last month period date: 12/10/2016. Consulting with my doctor I took deviry10 for five days twice. I finished my medicine 5 days before. Bt periods dsnt occur. Now my question is when my period wll occur? Doesn't period occur during intaking of deviry 10? What are the causes of delaying my periods? I am virgin Please answer.
Isabgol is the best natural laxative which can be used safely in pregnancy. During the pregnancy, hormone progesteron is responsible for constipation which causes relaxation of all smooth muscles of body including intestine. So the movement of food along the intestine slows down that allows the water in the food to be absorbed almost totally from the intestine, so that the end product reach the rectum is less bulky, hard and difficult to expel.
Isabgol is a bulk forming laxative so more water should be consumed with it.
My mother age is 55, she suffered with pregnancy bag out going, please tell me pregnancy bag removal operation?
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours