Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajalakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 19 years old and suffering from breast lymph since last 9-10 month. The size of my one breast is bigger than the other one and the bigger breast consist of lymph. Which is harder in touch but then too I don't have any pain at all so is it normal or not? Is it any kind of a serious issue and what is the cause of this situation?
Magnesium is one of the most abundant mineral found in earth, and a good 60 percent of all the magnesium in the body is stored in your bones. A small percentage is also present in your blood and this nutrient is beneficial for healthy bones and in regulating blood pressure. It also enables proper nerve functioning, good blood circulation, strong immune system and a healthy heart.
Magnesium deficiency can lead to a number of ailments including hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, chronic back pain, etc. Asthma is also widely known to be associated with magnesium deficiencies and can lead to irregular heartbeats and panic attacks. Magnesium deficiency occurs mainly due to unhealthy diet, alcohol abuse, excessive vomiting, and long-term diarrhea. Here are a few signs that indicate that you are suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- Muscle cramps: Regular muscle cramps are the first symptoms of magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is extremely important for muscle growth and regeneration. It increases the intake of calcium and potassium- the two key elements important for muscle functioning. If you experience regular cramps, consult a physician immediately. Also, frequent muscle twitching and eye twitching might be symptoms of magnesium deficiency.
- Migraine: Migraines are caused by a number of reasons and one such reason can be low magnesium levels in your body. Severe migraines should never be ignored as it can be due to an underlying medical condition. Check with your physician as in some cases, migraines can be treated if magnesium deficiency is addressed.
- Irregular heart beat: Irregular heartbeats and rhythms are the biggest symptoms of low magnesium levels in the body. Magnesium is extremely important for proper functioning of the heart and proper blood circulation in the body. If you are suffering from these symptoms for quite some time, seek medical attention immediately.
- Anxiety and restlessness: Restlessness and anxiety can be a norm of life for some people. There can be many explanations for this and one is magnesium deficiency. Magnesium can make our body and mind calm, and lack of this nutrient can cause depressions and restlessness. Increasing your magnesium level can help in reducing anxiety levels and restlessness.
- Fatigue and weakness: If you are experiencing black outs and constant weakness, then you may be suffering from low magnesium levels. Magnesium plays an important role in breaking down glucose into energy. This energy is needed for metabolism and fights the weakness of your body. Lack of magnesium can be harmful in the long run and you might experience extreme instances of weakness and fatigue.
Magnesium intakes: Always have a healthy magnesium rich diet to supplement your magnesium levels. You can best get them from foods such as almonds, avocado, bananas, beans, and pumpkin seeds. You can also opt for milk, cashews, potatoes and yogurt. You can intake magnesium supplements too, but do consult with your doctor before taking them.
I am married before 8 months, but I did not get menses from 3 months. Before marriage also i did not get regularly, now what I should do, and if I will get pregnancy or not?
I had PCOS and AMH level is 2. My ovaries get hyperstimulation in one iui. Three iui failed. Weather I should first go for laprocacy and then for IVF. AMH level is 20.
My daughter 17 years old had period for 20days the scan shows multiple peripheral follicles of varying sizes. Dr. proscribed Tablet yaz. Please suggest.
For starters I have not had a period for about 8 months. Then lately I've been beginning to see a change in my body bedtime. Not only have my breasts filled out immensely but my stomach has also swollen up. My whole body looks like that of a 5 month pregnant woman, the only problem is that i'm not pregnant. I'm starting to worry about whats really going on within my body. One thing I do know is that whatever is happening is not normal and in my opinion is all wrong. Can you please give me some insight as to what might be possible reasons as to why this is happening & what might be going on with my body?
Tulsi leaf a day = No cancer
1 lemon a day = No fat
1 glass of milk a day = No bone problem
3 litres of water a day = No diseases.