Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajalakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
- Drink lemon water every morning after you wake up. This will have an alkalizing effect on the body and keep the body hydrated and mineralized. Stay hydrated throughout the day,
- Must include vitamin D3 in your diet. Especially if you live is a colder climate where sunlight is reduced during the winter season.
- Increase consumption of leafy greens to ensure enough B vitamins, fiber and mineral supply in the body. You will get a lot of calcium, magnesium, iron, B vitamins and other minerals through leafy greens. Swiss chard, collard greens, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, spinach contains these minerals.
- Eat fatty fish, fish or flax oil every day to get relief from hormonal imbalances.
- My most favourite remedy to get relief from cramps is an Ayurvedic home remedy using cinnamon and ginger to make a tea. Just use quarter tsp. of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground ginger or a couple of thin slices of half an inch of fresh ginger to a cup of hot water. Wait and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and drink the tea.
- Vitex or chaste berry is a herb that eases menstrual cramps,
- Evening primrose oil or borage oil are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and are known to reduce breast pain and tenderness as well as PMS symptoms.
- Dietary intake of calcium and magnesium is crucial for balancing the hormones.
- Using heating pads or hot water bags around the area relaxes the stiff muscles and reduces pain by bringing oxygen in the area.
- One of the most important things to address is relaxation through 7-8 hours of sound sleep and stress reduction. Meditation and breathing exercises (pranayama) also assist in reducing stress.
- If you eat a lot of nuts, seeds and grains then increase aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises release endorphin hormones or 'feel good' hormones in the body. The presence of this hormone works like a natural pain killer.
- Apply natural progesterone cream or wild yam cream. Apply this cream on the stomach, lower abdominal area, buttocks, things, breasts and upper arm area. Best time to apply this cream is a week before the start of your period.
I'm getting pain in my breast 'im 19 years old ,I'm having a sagging breast please tell me how to overcome this problem.
My age is 23 and I am female recently I had blood test in that reports ESR is 62 what does it mean and is it going to be serious?
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
To lose weight is not an easy task, especially when patients get diagnosed with morbid obesity, as per their Body Mass Index. After going through some unsuccessful attempts at losing weight through control of one’s diet, regular exercises or pharmacotherapy, which happen to be some of the most common methods that have been medically supervised for weight loss, surgery might represent the only source. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy happens to be one of the methods of surgery, directed towards weight loss and it belongs to the category of bariatric surgery.
Who all can undergo this surgery of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy?
This particular surgery is mainly intended for those people, who have extremely high Body Mass Index or BMI, ones who suffer from comorbidities or even for those, who have a complex history of surgery. As it is an invasive procedure, physicians tend to only consider this in situations where there is high risk involved medically for bypass or for those patients who prefer to undergo a more permanent surgery. This does not involve any kind of device to get placed inside the patient’s body as it happens during the case of procedures of gastric band.
The procedure of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- The surgeon removes close to 90% of the stomach, thus reducing its size and capacity to increase one’s ability to lose weight.
- The stomach gets divided vertically into two portions, hence creating a small pouch.
- Then, after stapling the stomach, the surgeon removes the excess portion.
- It is a kind of restrictive operation as it puts a limit on the intake of food but does not bring in any change to the normal functioning of the digestive system.
- The process is known as laparoscopic as it does not require open surgery.
- The surgeon just makes 5-6 small cuts in the abdomen, through which he gets through his surgical instruments, which include a laparoscopic camera.
- This helps to increase the visibility of the surgeon, while the method helps to carry out the surgery in painless manner, with less of scarring and minimum recovery time.
- There is no risk of any kind of infections and adhesions.
Efficacy of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
This particular bariatric surgery of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy is an effective method through which one can lose weight due to some reasons that include:
- As it is a laparoscopic surgery, the normal functioning of stomach, nerves and digestive system do not get affected.
- There is less likelihood of developing the dumping syndrome.
- There is also low risk of ulcers and patients need not visit hospitals from time to time.
My newly married wife , she is 27 years old and 5.2 inch height and 45 kg weight, with a small boobs, (too skinny). I need her to be little more fat , Please tell me any suggestions. How to make her fat.
Hello sir meri wife ko last mc 6-11 aayi thi uske baad abhi tak nhi aayi. Kal mene pregakem se check bhi kiya lekin usme negative hi aaya. Kya vo pregnant ho skti he. Uski body me thoda changes bhi aaya he. Help me sir.
# protect your self from dust
# cover your face in dusty areas and while driving
# stay away from dusts
# protect yourself from change in temperature