Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Cancer Pain Management
Cancer Screening (Preventive)
Treatment of Cone Biopsy
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Raja SundaramYour feedback matters!
Being a vegetarian what all things we can consume which will keep the cancer cells away? Even consuming green vegetables like spinach, cabbage host lot of germs. What are the daily habits to keep the cancer cells off the body?
She has diagnosed of breast cancer going through chemo for the first time after chemo she got lung infection and after 18 days got infection of herpes that caused delay in the second chemotherapy please recommend some diet as per her condition we are giving her wheatgrass guide soya milk and a type of kadha made by the leaves of ramphal along with medicines. Also describe why she got infected again an again.
Hoi doctor sir. I have a lot of question for human body. And how many cancer object are consist in human body. And what is yoga and how many profit make a yogasan.
I have pain near buttock n anal. But it feels like there is a tumor over there. When I touch it pain. I can feel the difference between both buttocks. What it could be. What type of doctor I should be concerned.in my precious query I did not mention anything about any kind of tumor. please help.
My mother has jaundice and now it has got too high. She is in a hospital. She also has cancer. What should I do?
2013 dec i tested for PSA whcih shows10.5 .i took ayurvedic medicines for about 6 months and now the reading is 6.58 .should i undergo BIOpse
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery.