Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RajaYour feedback matters!
I have gone through spine surgery l4-l5, there is still numbness in my right leg, even after three years.
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar,cholesterol and blood pressure.
I am residing in kuwaitand am from mumbai. I am 51 yrs I am 51 51 yrs ild and pure vegetarian jain. My weight is 85 kgs. I have high BP like 180/190 for which I am taking 1 tab a day zestril (astrazeneca) 20 mg, I have cholesterol in liver for which I take lipanthyl (recipharm contain) 145 mg, my blood sugar at fasting is 200. I have high TG in blood for which I take proton (pantoprazole) 40 mg, I have slip disk problem in L4 and L5, which cause lot of pain and always swelling at back, pls suggest me what to eat and what to do to improve my health condition. Thank you so much for the help.
Whenever I stand up few hours I get pain in my backbone. And after that when I go to sleep it makes a crackling sound with mild pain. Why does it happen and what are the measures to prevent it.
I made with an accident in the year feb 2005. Right side of my thigh bone fractured & doctor operate and place a rod (nail). I have no problem now. Is it compulsory to remove the rod. Can it create a problem in my old age. Pl. Advice me.
I am 20 years old and if have backpain and neck pain for last 2 years. Its not like continuos but yes happens most of the time. Sometimes its lighte while sometimes its very severe. And generally it happens when I sit on a same place for like about more than 2-3 hrs. Help me what to do ?
Mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region is known as lumbago or back pain. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic, if it has lasted over three months. People who do a lot of physical exertion are often affected by it. Also back pain occurs as you age
There are a variety of reasons for back pain. Some of them are listed below
- Strain: Majority of the cases related to back pain occur due to strain in many parts of the body. These include:
- Strained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Improper lifting
- Lifting something too heavy in an incorrect posture
- A muscle spasm
- Abrupt or awkward movement
- Structural problems: Problems such as bulging discs (a disorder of the rubbery disk within the bones of the spine), arthritis, abnormal curvature of spine (a condition in which the spine curves downward), osteoporosis (bones becoming brittle and weak) and ruptured discs (almost similar to bulging discs).
- Cauda equina syndrome (a condition in which the spine nerve roots get compressed)
- Infection in spine
- Cancer in spine
- Sleep disorders
- Awkward postures
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Stiff back
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, characterized by pain in the hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression in a slip or intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
- Numbness in legs
How to treat it
Treatment for back pain is dependent on the type and severity of pain as well as the patient’s medical history. A large majority of cases of back pain take a recovery time of around six weeks without surgery. Exercises for relieving back pain are common elements of a treatment plan. Typical treatment of back pain involves use of muscle relaxants, pain killers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and cease of activity would cause the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest might lead to weakening of muscles and hence, prolong the back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapy is used to reduce inflammation and it is utilized according to the patient’s preference.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available, such as Acetaminophen and Diclofenac. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. It is to be noted that every medication has its own risks and side effects.
Role of Physiotherapy in Treating Back Pain:
In physiotherapy, the general goal of this treatment is to reduce pain in parts of the body; be it in the arms, legs or back. In the age we live in, where most of us are sitting in one place, hunched on our laptops, we are bound to get a back pain. Some pains are temporary and can go away with some sound sleep. The more severe back pains are usually chronic and can hamper your productivity.
The various approaches that are used to cure back pains with physiotherapy are:
- Ice/heat packs
- Ultrasound therapies
- TENS units
These are called passive approaches as these are being done to the patients.
The other approaches that are mostly exercise based are mostly done to rehabilitate the spinal cord. This approach is usually a cocktail of the following:
- Strengthening Exercises For Back Pain: Certain prescribed exercises such as lumbar stabilization or other exercises should be done for about fifteen to twenty minutes on a regular basis to strengthen your back muscles. These strengthen your core muscles and help in lower back pain as well. These can help in relieving pain if done right. This is why you should get directions from professionals or qualified physical therapists.
- Stretching Exercises For Back Pain: It is advised to stretch your hamstring muscles every now and then if you suffer from back pain. It is a very simple form of stretching but you may forget to do it every day. This is why you should schedule your exercises and adhere to the schedule. Incorporate it into your daily routine. There may be other stretches that you can look into or consult your physical therapist to advice you on.
- Heat and Cold Therapies: It is one of the most common types of therapy that is used and is mostly used towards the initial period of pain. While some may find heat therapy more useful, others may resort to cold therapies. Sometimes, people use alternate therapy. This therapy is recommended to be performed once in every two hours. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hello. I have cracking sound coming from all my joints. It started when I 13 or 14 years old from only my knees but from the past 2 years the noises have grown to all my body joints. Shoulders, elbows, wrists,fingers, ankles,knees, back even my hip pilvot joint. There is no pain but I don't feel normal as the frequency of the popping and crackling sounds is very high. Now From the past two months I have have started experiencing pain in my right knee whenever I bend or do any exercise that puts strain on knee. I can't understand the reason for this.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune chronic disorder that might cause abnormal swelling in the joints when the joint tissues are attacked by the human immune system. The more frequently used body joints, such as the knees, fingers, shoulders, wrists, elbows and hips commonly get affected by the disease. Rheumatoid arthritis can also occur in the ligaments or tendons and might affect areas such as the kidney, bone marrow, eyes, lungs, and heart.
If rheumatoid arthritis is not diagnosed on time, it might lead to future complications, such as blood cancer in the lymph regions, osteoporosis (a medical condition resulting in the weakness of the bones), infections, stiffening of the arteries and dry mouth.
What exactly causes the disease is not known, but a significant damage to the immune system might cause the inflammation of the joints, resulting in this condition. Obesity, a family history of this condition and other lifestyle habits such as smoking tobacco put one at higher risks of this disorder.
The symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis might vary among people. The most common symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis are;
1. Severe pain in the morning
2. Episodes of mild fever with severe pain
3. Redness and inflammation of the joints which might cause intense pain
4. Stiffness in the joints
5. The pain might increase in low-temperature conditions
6. Acute lethargy and weight loss
The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis includes a prescribed dosage (depending on the intensity of the condition) of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen, anti-rheumatoid drugs such as methotrexate and steroid drugs such as prednisone to reduce the swelling and the subsequent pain. Performing regular exercises in order to retain the flexibility of the joints with appropriate consultation from the physiotherapist might cure rheumatoid arthritis.
I have foot lain for last couple of months while standing or walking for little long. I am 21 and at 19 I used to wear high heel shoes because I am very fond of good height bhot now I came back to normal shoes. I recently have x ray if my feet which came back normal and I do have a lot of veins on my foot. Thank you.
I am 40 years. Suffering from pain in knees, Back bone, finger joints of hands as well as feet. It increases by driving car or bike. Please suggest some solution.
My wife's right hand wrist hand hair line fracture two years back. Now doctors say it is trauma arthritis. Hand pains really a lot. Not able to sleep properly. Taking pain killers and other medicine. What is the solution and how long it will take to recover.
Dr. I am Suffering from Extreme Pain in my Right Heel. Unable to Walk by resting on my Right Foot. Please Suggest for the Pain Relief.
Getting older. Back pain is more common the older you get. You may first have back pain when you are 30 to 40 years old.
Poor physical fitness. Back pain is more common in people who are not fit.
Being overweight. A diet high in calories and fat can make you gain weight. Too much weight can stress the back and cause pain.