Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raja LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My bf rubs his penis on my vagina. After that I test my urine on first day of my missed period and it was negative and then I have my period a week later. Now I missed my period in second month. Am I pregnant?
Since one week I am consuming homeopathic medicine - Pulsatilla thrice for my irregular periods. Due to throat infection, doctor has prescribed Taxim - o 200 and sinarest twice for 3 days. Can I consume both together?
L am 45 years old .Last month leave long period of mensuration it continued for 17 days my scan was ok endometrial thickness was 10 mm doctor had advice me to take sysron ncr for 17 days l had taken app. 13 days now after 18 days mughe dobara periods aagye hai koi tension wali bat to nahi is this only hormonal imbalance.
I am suffering from itching and burning sensation around the vaginal area. Also noticed swelling and redness. Presently, .
It's been 1 month 17 days up i'm not getting period pregnancy test negative but experiencing urine infection and backache severe pimples and sometimes mild chakkar. What should I do?
My girlfriend has 35-40 days period circle. Her last period date was 3feb to 6 feb. We had sex on 7th. Feb several times without protection. She took an unwanted 72 after 40 hours. Now today on 15 Feb she has having slightly period. Is it the side effects of the medicine? Or pregnancy to worry?
I am not getting feeling of sex since last one month as earlier to that I is to have almost everyday but suddenly this changes why . If I say no to sex my husband gets sad so for his sake we have sex but when we have I get lot of pain in intercourse and won't get the feeling too . So please suggest me what can I take to get me the feeling of sex and I enjoy it.
Me and my gf had done the sexual foreplay activity on 26th of nov. But there was not any kind of penetration. I used my penis to foreplay with her vagina. We didn't do sex. But she has missed her periods which was supposed to be on 2nd of dec. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. What does she need to do to avoid pregnancy?
I had gone for TSH test where result was 3.82. Below the results it was mentioned -- Pregnancy 1st times: 0.3-4.5 2nd times: 0.5-4.6 3rd times: 0.8-5.2 What does this pregnancy times indicate, plzz help one of my frnd saw this report and is asking me whether I was pregnant in past. This is the report on 19.08.2014.
I am married. It has been 8 months now. I have thyroid problem from 2011 and I take eltroxin 100 mg. I have PCOD from 2014. Also irregular periods which can extend up to 70 days. I take" meprate" tablet to get periods after that. I am planning for baby. Can you help me with treatments available? What should I do next for solving this.
I am male age 24 not conceiving baby. About sex performance I am not able to make a sex 2 or 3 time of the day after once I got tired. And also the cause of premature ejaculation. What is the treatment ans medicine.
I am around 40 weeks pregnant, and have no sign of labour pains, and should I go for artificially induced pains or should wait?
Periods me sex karne se kya pregnant ho sakti hu agar haa to pregnancy rokne ka koi dawai please btaiye or maine phle bhi three time es month me emergency pills liya hai please help me.
Dear Doctor, My wife height is 5'1 and her weight is 73 and her age is 27 it's been 20 months we have married, from last 5 months we are planning to have baby but it is not happening. My wife periods only last for 3 days which is happening from last 7 years. Can you please let us know what steps or actions needs to be taken to make her conceive. Generally I am having intercourse with her after her 4th day of period that is month of 13 date for 3 days and later having intercourse before 4 days that is 10th date of next month till her periods strtsnot sure where we are missing. Kindly suggest an option to conceive Thanks in Advance
My wife age 28. Her period is late by 17 days. We do pregnancy test but result is negative. We did not want baby. She take the home made abortion food. Pregnancy symptoms also not visible. Suggest what we will do for period and to know the pregnancy. And for abortion.
I am 18 years old .I m a female .I and my bf had anal sex. This is not first time. But this time I found something just popped out of my anus. It is small muscle type. I don't want to tell my parents.
I have hypothyroidism problem. I am using medicine for that. Now my wife is pregnant. Any special medicine or precautions to take to protect the baby from thyroid problem. (I heard that thyroid problems are genetically)
Please give me precaution to be taken during sex to avoid pregnancy other than condom. I personally use Durex condom during sex.
Increasing weight will affect getting pregnant. If so what is the reason. My height is 158 cm wait 61.3 kg age 27. Married for five months. My BMI is 24.56. Will it affect from getting pregnant.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Cause: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.