Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raja KumariYour feedback matters!
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart.
Hi Doctors, I am 8 week 6 day pregnant and on Monday brown discharge came like little and done scanning baby was OK and doctor gave me system tablet today that is Wednesday dark brown discharge coming help me please no pain and giddiness is there.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Had my periods on 2nd of a month and then 2 weeks from then. I got sudden bleeding at an interval of 2-3 days till 21st of that month. And after that on 24rth day of the same month I had sexual intercourse with my partner.in which he pulled out before ejaculating. Is there any chances of pregnancy. When will be my next period if it's cycle length is 35-36 days?
I am 33 years old and my weight is 91 kg. I have pcod problem. I daily go to zym but not able to take the weight below 90 kg. Please give some tips to lower the weight. You can send me a diet chart also. Thanks.
I am 20 years girl today my periods have started, and tommorow m going with mah hubby. How to stop or delay periods for 3days.
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
- See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.
Taken ipill in 72 hours on 4 the February after non penetration sex. I got light bleeding on 12th February ,I missed my periods on 16th February. I took pregnancy test on 23 February ,25 feb ,3 march, 10th March and 20 March all shown negative results. I didn't get period till today. I am having cramps from few days but not getting periods have little pain in nipples and sometimes feels bloated n bulging out .I m very stressed about my health .what should I do? Do I am pregnant? I am taking Ashokarishta ,m2 tone and rajahpravartini medicine.
Hi. I am 32, not married. I have some irregular period problems, and I have no sugar, thyroid, but seen cysts. In future any problem to conceive baby? So suggested me plz.
I am 27 years old female. I have recently developed PCOD, due to which I feel I am having severe acne (mostly nodule & closed ones). I am taking medication for both PCOD (from last 4 months) & acne (from last many years) but the acne just refuses to go. I have fine facial hair growth too (thick around chin as I get that part waxed). Kindly advice whether I should consult a Gynecologist or a Dermatologist? I am sick & tired of my acne & the dull face it results in. Please help.
I am 18. I had unprotected sex 7 days after my periods got over. I took ipill the next morning. After 7 days I got bleeding which was unusual. Now I am waiting for my periods. I want to know, what are the chances of me getting pregnant? can I do anything now (after 3 weeks of sex) to avoid pregnancy. How long shall I wait for my periods to take pregnancy test? please help me out.
I had sex with my girlfriend. Unprotected sex. But no symptoms of pregnancy. But how to confirm pregnancy without doing test or anything else. Still she didn't get Periods.
Hello sir/madam, My wife had an abortion after 2 weeks of pregnancy by abortions pills. Now her health got normal but her breast size still remain increased and sagy. Also she has some fluids leaking from her breast. I request you for some advice to regain her original size. Thank u.
Gay sex will causes to effect sex power and oral sex have side effect if it have side effect then I want to know wht type of effect it create.
I'm 43 male on 7th of July 2016 I did sex with a call girl I used all protection like two condoms no lip kiss no nipple sucking but when I was removing condom there was a cut (lower side ) in same finger that I use to remove condom. i'm not sure that fluid (pre discharge ) had touched the cut or not is 50-50. But very next day almost after 12 hours I felt sore there itching or burning. I waited for 4-5 days then I went to a Doctor He asked me for some tests .on after 10 day to explore 1.hiv1-2 and p24 combo test---non reactive 2.vdrl--non reactive 3-hepatitis-b--non reactive 4.hsv-1or hsv-2---hsv2 is in the range but hsv -1 was high its >30 When the refer range is. <0.09 . My Dr. Give me the acivir 400 mg three times a day for 10 days and agumantin 625 for 4 days for sore there. Now after 10 day symptoms are some thing low but not complete gone I'm not feeling well. Now on 28 the day after explore I do HIV 1 2 and p24 combo test again that is non reactive . But I feel muscles pain or joint pain burning or itching and mouth sores why is this Sir test like HIV-1-2 combo is conclusive or not on 28 the day And why I'm feeling symptoms like this is this HIV symptoms please help me ,
Hello Doctor My wife period date is my first night day. So provide some solution for this and what can be the side effect.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5–1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis.
Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight-loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.