Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Raja KannanYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my eyes it blinks more than 40 times in a minuet I am in trouble my exams is on april what can I do sir.
How I can save my eyes due to computer work in the office and can I use different types of glasses at the work so I can save my eyes.
I have a papilledema problem, Doctor has done lumbar puncture 2 time. Now after 7 month I have again have a problem of papilledema. Now what should I do?
Sir I always caught with same problem again and again and the problem is eye redness. And I m using contact lenses over 2 years. So I want to know that. Is my lenses are expired or I m using wrong contact lenses liquid for refreshing lenses.
I have eye allergy for over 8 months. I have used many steroids, allergens and tear drops but every time the situation gets worsen. Suggest what can l to have a long term relief?
Sir I am 26 years old for a past 6 months I have some eye irritation on my right eye I went to hospital they said my right eye cornea is thin 50 % and shape is irregular Now they said that there is 2 methods first is strengthening cornea thickness 25000 rs 2nd is strengthening cornea + fix a ring inside to correct the irregular shape 1 lakhs it will increase the vision. Now my right eye vision is 3 point Now they send my eye graph details to abroad whether it is possible to fix a ring, its a reputed hospital. Coimbatore Sir kindly give a solution for my problem well the above methods are OK or there is any other methods.
Medical me eye ka fundas test kyo kiya jata h. Is test se lase operation ka pata chal jata hai kya please repl.
My 7 month baby boy required daily multi vitamin, digestive, anti vomiting, anti spasmodic, anti flatulent drop? I am confused that baby required so many medicine?
I am a 16 years old girl and I have feel low light vision around myself during the time of study. My left and right eyes powers are (-7.5). Doctors can't detect the problem. What is the actual problem and what is the solution?
I am 21 years old and my eye power is very low now I want to do lasik operation if I am eligible for lasik operation and my power is 5'25 in both eyes.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.