Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Raja GopalYour feedback matters!
For last some months I was studying 8 hours daily to prepare for my exam. Bt from last 1 week I am suffering from pain in neck. I am not able to sit to study. Could it b surgical. What shall I do to get rid of it. I am very tensed as exams are approaching.
I am 23 years old I am having back pain from last 2 months And I am not feeling active in my daily activities so please suggest any exercise without medicine And I have belly fat in order to reduce that what precaution should I follow.
Dear Sir, I am 58 yrs old,height is six feet. My weight is 90 kgs.I want to loose weight but it is not happening.I have reduced the rice & taking 2/3 chapatis per meal. I want to walk fast but there is pain in knees which is preventing me from walking fast. Please suggest what to do?
I have a body pain from last 5 days. When I lay my back, I feel like my back is paining. Which exercise should I do?
Osteoporosis is a disease where decreased bone strength increases the risk of a broken bone. It is the most common reason for a broken bone among people who are old. Bones that commonly break include the back bones, the bones of the forearm, and the hip. Until a broken bone occurs there are typically no symptoms.
Three important factors to keep your bones healthy are
1.Adequate amounts of calcium intake
2.Adequate amounts of Vitamin D
Eat low fat dairy products like milk and curd, dark green leafy vegetables, soy products
Consult your doctor if you need calcium supplements
It improve body's ability to absorb calcium.
We mostly get our Vitamin D from sunlight but check with your doctor if you need any supplements.
Exercise will benefit your bones no matter when you start, but you'll gain the most benefits if you start exercising regularly when you're young and continue to exercise throughout your life.
Combination of strength training exercises and weight-bearing exercises will help improve bone strength.
Strength training helps strengthen muscles and bones in your arms and upper spine, and weight-bearing exercises — such as walking, jogging, running, stair climbing, skipping rope etc— affect mainly the bones in your legs, hips and lower spine.
My mother in law is 65 yrs. Old has pain at the back and this pain divides from back to toes while standing and walking .We are unable to predict the cause of this. Her weight is 94 kgs. Kindly suggest the best way to come out of this problem.
I am having pain in my right hand, during going to sleep and when arising it gives me severe pain at right hand starting from shoulder to finger, and I can' t lift more than 2/3 kg.
I am 25 years and doing business. I drive a car daily for about an hour or more. Also I almost sit on chair and every 1 hour I get up and do exercise in cabin, but I am having sever backache. Can you please suggest me something to overcome my backache?
I have a back pain that is my waist since from my child hood what should I do to get better and loss the back pain.
I am 23 years old. I am having backpain constantly from last 2weeks. I have tried all the remedies but its still as it is. Can you suggest me something?
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects the joints and bones of the patient and creates general problems when it comes to mobility and other such postures, which require some amount of physical stamina and strain. This kind of condition can be of many types. Furthermore, it can affect many different parts of the body right from the knees to the shoulders and the wrists. There are many forms of treatment for this condition, which may be carried out by orthopedic specialists as well as other practitioners of alternative medicine.
Read on to find out why Ayurveda is one of the best ways to deal with this condition.
- Ancient science: Ayurveda is an ancient science that is steeped in the logic of ages, and it has been allowed to evolve over numerous centuries, which makes it all the more authentic when it comes to various forms of treatment.
- Combination of measures: Ayurveda is not just a field of medicine, but it is primarily known as a life science because it combines a variety of measures that have to do with inside out cleansing of the system. From massages to herbal medicines, yoga postures to lifestyle changes, this form of treatment can help the patient get rid of the condition rather than just treat the symptoms.
- Massages: When we use a particular oil or herb to massage our bodies, we are actually imbibing the goodness and richness of those elements, which are ideal for the condition that we are suffering from. This oil that may be derived from cloves or various other elements that are naturally found, can actually seep right into the bones and joints to repair the condition. Mustard oil and camphor are also well known oils for arthritis.
- Doshas: Ayurveda depends on the various doshas for a proper form of diagnosis, and arthritis comes under the Data dosha. This typically affects the energy, surrounding the proper functioning of the joints and therefore, one can safely say that this is a well-researched body of science, which is being put to use so as to prescribe medicines and other forms of treatment for that particular dosha.
- Exercise: The yogic postures are known to have helped many people and the various asanas that are specifically required for an arthritis patient will help in doing away with the root cause of the disease. These asanas include the less rigorous ones that can build strength and stamina so that the patient is able to lead a more normal and healthy life.
- Lifestyle changes: The diet changes that will be prescribed for arthritis-affected patients along with the changes in one’s routine, will help in reaching the root cause of the condition so that he or she may get a better chance at normalcy in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.