Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Raj KumarYour feedback matters!
I am having asthma and infantile eczema since childhood until now it was concentrated on my right foot but now the whole face and neck are badly affected with a lot of itching on scalp also Allopathic Dr. gave steroids that increased my blood sugar level now I am not taking any medicine . Want to take ayurvedic medication please help me to get rid of this condition.
Hi. I am 46 years old male. Whenever I wake up in morning I sneeze a lot and have running nose. I, most of the times, found my nostrils blocked. I have to use otrivin for relief. While climbing stairs or walking, for instance, carrying my daughter, I am not able to breath properly so Doctor has diagnosed that I have asthma and I have to take rotacap 400 capsule almost daily. What do you suggest. Thanks in advance.
I have breath taking problem during the beginning of winters or while getting in contact with dust. Is it asthma?
I am a 19 year old male. Over the past few days I have had persistent cold. I feel a lot of phlegm in my chest and when you cough, the color of my phlegm is green. My fever is mild, and I have headache above my eyes and near the nose. What must I do to recover?
Hello Doctor, My question to you is I am 38 years old and suffering from Cough and cold from Nov 2015. I have consulted our Apollo Wellness center in our office and each time they prescribe antibiotic and cough syrup. Please let know what I should do? Please guide me. ThanksVenkatesh SeshanChennai8939894932.
My son 4 years having cough from 15 days at night while sleeping he will b coughing continuously and after sleeping also in middle he will get again coughing which he cannot get sleep so please suggest some good cough medicine in which he gets relief. Now we are giving him Asthalin syrup.
I am facing hiccups since the last 6 hrs. I tried holding my breath and it worked but it starts again and again within 30 mins.
Breathing problem since pregnancy 9th month. Even after c section delivery on 14/9/16, no relief. Spirometry, chest x ray, ct scan pulmo, chest angio, echo are normal. Hemoglobin also normal at 12.5. Having gastric prob after delivery. Pl suggest. Blood tests were done for thyroid, hemoglobin, etc and all were normal.
I Am having sinus problem. Continues swelling mucus from nasal. Headache also when nose was blocked by that mucus. What are suggestions for solving this problem.
I am a asthma patient. I have asthma when I was born and my grandfather also have asthma but my father not. Is there and cure for asthma.
Sir my father is 46 years old. He has Spine Tb dorsal 6,7 for last 4 months. And he is undergoing medicine also for last 4 months. Dear sir mam I want to be ensure that he is how much better. Which tests or xray, are required for it?
My mother is of 54 years of age and she is suffering from sinus. We tried all option but of no use. Please help.
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.