Lybrate.com has top trusted Sexologists from across India. You will find Sexologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Alopecia Areata Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RahmanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have nightfall. He is very talented and seasoned doctor. I was suffering from nightfall for such a long time. Someone from the office, referred us that Rahman. The overall atmosphere in the Rahman Sex Clinic is very soothing. The complete process of nightfall treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. The Rahman Sex Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Thanks to him that the nightfall treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. Rahman has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have erection problems. I am so thankful to Dr Rahman has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The Rahman Sex Clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. I remember, I read an article of Rahman in the paper and made contact. He is a very practical doctor. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. Dr Rahman is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have erectile dysfunction. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that my Rahman is the reason. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. I read about the Rahman on one of the social media platform. He is a very practical doctor. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Rahman
Thanks to Dr Rahman for the hiv aids treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I saw Rahman clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. The overall atmosphere in the Rahman Sex Clinic is very soothing.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my male sexual problems treatment. A friend of mine referred to Dr Rahman. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. The complete process of male sexual problems treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
Someone from the office, referred Dr Rahman. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Dr Rahman to anyone gladly. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Rahman Sex Clinic. During the treatment, he supported me a lot.
Even though Dr Rahman is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. I consulted him because I was very depressed due to this problem. He is wuite knowledgeable in the field of Sexology. The overall atmosphere in the Rahman Sex Clinic is very soothing.
I was diagnosed with UTI. Thanks to Dr Rahman for helping me with the treatment. He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. Over the period of time the uti treatment has helped me a lot.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rahman to be knowledgeable. This is knowledgeable. actually i was mastributing daily. and now i m felling same problem as mentioned in your comments. how i can over come from this . kindly suggest.
Dr Rahman is a very practical doctor. I consulted him beacuse of masterbation addiction. With the help of his treatment for masturbation addiction I am feeling so great. I owe him a big thank for the treatment he provided.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rahman to be very helpful, knowledgeable and professional. very well explained, living in my own world(True), this is the best answer i would say.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rahman to be helped me improve my health. I'm glad you.. sir but I'm age 18 and I'm leaving with hand job at 6ye
Dr. Rahman provides answers that are knowledgeable, sensible and helped me improve my health. Plz just tell me that penis size can be increased or not
He gives practical solutions to problems being asked, provided you share the problem with proper detailing. I would definitely recommend him
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rahman to be very helpful, well-reasoned and thorough. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rahman to be very helpful, knowledgeable and inspiring. thank u so much sir
i hv consulted dr rahman in chennai he is superb satisfy with his way of approach and i like all his post amazing
Dr. Rahman provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u doctor to describe the demerits of masturbation. ..??
Dr. Rahman provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks for ur advise , it is help to confident to my friends.
Result is positive. Excellent Doctor, he understand the problem clearly and provide medicines.
Dr. Rahman provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thank you for your helpful direction.
Dr. Rahman provides answers that are professional. Share feedback in your own words...
HIV, which is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, penetrates your body and directly attacks your immune system. In this process, the virus weakens your body's natural defense mechanism against diseases and infections. A compromised immune system makes the body prone to minor infections, which healthy people would generally overcome. The virus itself doesn't cause any physical symptoms. It only serves to ease the entry of other bacteria and viruses into the body.
The following are some of the ways HIV affects your body:
1. Immune system - The human immunodeficiency virus destroys CD4 cells, the white blood cells that help the immune system ward off foreign substances. If left unchecked, HIV can develop into AIDS. During such time, the virus may damage the immune system to an extent that it wouldn't be able to ward off minor infections that a healthy immune system would. A person with HIV could thus suffer from fever, chills, sweats, shortness of breath, white spots in the mouth, fatigue, skin rash and weight loss from time to time.
2. Respiratory system - As HIV develops into AIDS, the body can contract infections such as pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP), tuberculosis and Kaposi's sarcoma. These conditions lead to serious respiratory problems. PCP is found to be one of the most common infections among people with HIV. 85% of the people would develop the infection if the condition is left untreated.
3. Skin problems - As in healthy individuals, many skin conditions can also occur in people with HIV or AIDS. But a compromised immune system heightens the condition and causes difficulty in treatment. Dermatitis, psoriasis, and hives are common conditions. They are also prone to a rare type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma.
4. Gastrointestinal System - Gastrointestinal disorders are the most common ailments for people diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. Problems faced include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, abdominal pain and gastrointestinal bleeding. 50% of the people suffering from HIV encounter gastrointestinal disorders at some point of their illness.
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- Inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication
- Unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- Experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- Inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Premature ejaculation
- Being unable to ejaculate
- Reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Kegel exercise, also known as pelvic floor exercise, is the repeated contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor, which is the muscular base of the abdomen connected to the pelvis. These simple exercises are proven to enhance the functioning of the pelvic organs and improve sexual health. How you ask? read on to find out.
Both men and women can improve their sex life to a great extent by practicing Kegels.
How does it improve sexual function in women?
- Tones and strengthens the vaginal muscles that boost arousal
- Causes a tighter grip during intercourse
- Leads to more intense contractions during orgasm
How does it improve sexual function in men?
- Allows for men to have stronger, long-lasting erections
- Keeps the hips and pelvic region healthy
- Leads to greater control over ejaculation
- Prevents the occurrence of erectile dysfunction
How does kegel exercise betters sex life?
To get started on kegel exercises for a better and healthier sex life, follow these simple steps:
1. Locating the right muscles: the most important part of doing kegel exercises is locating the pleasure-maxing muscles in the pelvic region. This can be done by stopping urination midstream or blocking the passage of gas. Once you've successfully managed to identify the target muscles, kegel exercises can be done anywhere at any time.
2. Staying focused: it is important to stay focused on exercising the pelvic floor muscles. Easy breathing while doing the exercise and keeping from flexing other muscles in the abdomen and buttocks are necessary parts of the routine.
3. Sharpening the technique: practice tightening and releasing the pelvic floor muscles till you have perfected the technique, working up to a 10-second hold before releasing and relaxing for 10 seconds between each contraction.
Get into a regimen doing 10 to 20 kegel exercises three times a day, holding each one for 10 seconds.
Kegel exercises will not only improve your sex life, but also combat disorders of the bladder and lower intestines. Plus, they've been proven to enhance orgasms, turning them into more frequent occurrences than before.
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Stress plays a significant role in creating rifts in relationships as it mostly forbids partners from meeting each other’s physical and emotional needs. This reduces intimacy in a relationship and results in an unhappy sex life. In the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life. Here are some tips, which will prove to be very effective in keeping stress away from your sex life.
1. Don’t make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired
If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don’t pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner’s admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
2. Try to stay away from performance anxiety
Don’t let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner’s needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
3. Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life
Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
To prevent these stressful situations from affecting your sex life, try to focus on removing them. For this, you can ask for help from other family members to carry out household chores or diminish your time at social gatherings to be available for each other exclusively. Spending more time in each other’s company will not only brighten your day, but will also give you an enhanced and more intimate relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sugar is an important source of calories in the body as it can provide immediate energy to the body after consumption. Sugar being a simple carbohydrate is digested quickly and released into the bloodstream to be used as energy. However, too much sugar in the bloodstream at once can cause a host of disorders in the body including affecting one's sex life. Outlined below are the ways how sugar adversely affects sex life-
1. Impairs the gene that regulates sex hormones - Glucose and fructose are synthesized in the liver, where the excess is converted into fat. When fat synthesis rate goes up in the body, it affects SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) gene in the body. This gene is responsible for regulating the levels of testosterone and estrogen in the body. Hence, in this case, the affected person becomes highly susceptible to infertility.
2. Lowers testosterone levels - Indulging in a diet that consists of too much sugar affects insulin resistance. Due to this, testosterone levels drop in both men and women. This causes disorders related to sexual function such as erectile dysfunction and also reduces sex drive.
3. Fatigue and reduced energy levels - Foods high in sugar cause temporary spikes in blood sugar which in turn results in fatigue, thus reducing sex drive. It also decreases levels of Orexin, a neurotransmitter that regulates feelings of arousal in the body, causing fatigue and lethargy.
4. Increases stress - Increased stress levels as a result of sugar consumption occur when high insulin levels cause the body to produce cortisol, a stress hormone. Too much cortisol in the body decreases libido. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
What is anorgasmia?
The reduced ability to orgasm or the inability to orgasm post sufficient stimulation is called anorgasmia. This disorder is quite common in women. In fact, most women cannot orgasm with vaginal stimulation alone. Some require clitoral stimulation by rubbing or oral sex.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Generalized anorgasmia: Orgasms are not achieved with any partner, be it in any situation
- Lifelong anorgasmia: No orgasms have ever been felt
- Acquired anorgasmia: You have climaxed before but due to certain factors, be it emotional or physical, you have stopped getting orgasms
- Situational anorgasmia: Here you may have been able to orgasm before but only in certain positions or a particular partner.
What may cause anorgasmia?
Orgasms can be complex things. It involves the combination of physical, emotional and psychological factors. Anorgasmia can occur if any of the above is affected.
- Medical illnesses: Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can result in anorgasmia.
- Medications: Medicines, for example, antidepressants, anti- histamines, cardio-vascular agents can meddle with climaxes.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can mess with the ability to peak; smoking constraints the blood vessels, thus having a similar impact on both the sexes.
- Gynaecologic issues: Surgeries such as hysterectomy or surgeries of carcinoma can hamper with the capacity to accomplish climaxes.
- Poor self-perception
- Anxiety or dejection
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or pregnancy
- Past passionate or sexual mishandle
- Fights or clashes in the relationship
- No fascination toward the partner
- Lack of association
- Poor association with partner in regards to sexual needs
What are the symptoms of anorgasmia?
The symptom of anorgasmia is the inability to achieve orgasms in spite of sufficient sexual stimulation. It could be because of your partner or because of the position that does not really hit your spot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Performance in bed - What's weight got to do with It?
Overweight couples can enjoy sex just as much as anyone else but certain positions are not satisfying for them.
Read on to know which sexual positions are the most gratifying for overweight couples.
1. Missionary with a pillow - A nice and easy twist to make this position an enjoyable one for overweight couples, the missionary with a pillow can make penetration easy. Pillows need to be placed below the buttocks of the woman to provide the perfect angle for penetration. The number of pillows to be kept depends on how overweight the woman is.
2. The woman on top - This position works best for stimulating the clitoris. In this position, the man is supposed to lay on his back with his legs in a straight position, while the woman is on top facing him. This allows for better penetration and both partners can either move in sync or one of them can start and the other can follow suit.
3. Entry from behind - In this position, the man positions himself behind the woman and penetrates from behind. This position provides a lot of space for both the partners to move around freely besides providing excellent stimulation of the clitoris.
4. The T-square position - The T-square position is one of the most effective positions for overweight couples. The woman lies on her back in this position with her legs spread apart as wide as possible. The man, on the other hand, lies just under the arch that has been formed by the raised legs of his partner. This position allows for the abdomens of both partners to be out of the way so that deep penetration can take place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Testosterone is a male hormone and can perhaps be referred to as the key to male libido. Low testosterone can therefore, create problems in your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life. It can even impair your overall health and it has been known to have severe psychological effects as well. It can lead to social isolation or can make a person suffer from acute inferiority.
Some of the symptoms that can be used to identify low testosterone levels are:
- Erratic moods and irritability: Physical processes of the human body are hugely dependent on testosterone secretions. A decrease in testosterone levels can make a man moody or irritable. He can lose his temper any minute or might feel unnecessarily discouraged.
- Decreased muscle mass: Testosterone is known to be effective in strengthening one's muscles and in building up muscle mass. A man suffering from low testosterone will find it difficult to build muscle strength. Significant changes in lifestyle and regimented exercising might not help when testosterone levels are low.
- Long spells of exhaustion: If you have been facing fatigue for quite some time now, your worries should be concentrated around your hormones for a change. The male hormone testosterone when secreted in less quantity can make you feel tired at the drop of a hat.
- Loss of bone mass: Hormonal imbalances in men, strictly characterized by decreased testosterone levels, can lead to thinning of bone mass. The bones grow weak and brittle and they are become prone to fractures.
- Erectile dysfunction: A problem in your testosterone levels can impair your sex life. Men have been reported instances of erectile dysfunction. with lower levels of this hormone. Some have even reported a marked decrease in their libido as well as semen or ejaculate volume.
- Increased hair fall: The health of your hair is greatly influenced by your hormone secretions. Low testosterone can make you suffer from increased hair lose. Bald patches might develop on your scalp. Such bodily changes tend to have psychological effects on a person as well.
Medical approaches to such a condition and risk factors involved.
To treat such a condition one may resort to testosterone injections or to implantable testosterone pellets. When such kinds of treatment are followed up on a regular basis, considerable improvement is noticed. However, the treatment procedures involve certain risks and thus it is best to consult your doctor, who can then prescribe the best combination of medicines and doses for the best effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Thirty minutes a day of sweat-breaking exercise, such as running and swimming, can do wonders to boost your libido.
What happens to our bodies during sex
While most of us are sure that we like to have #sex, most of us also haven't spent much time thinking about what happens physiologically while we are engaged in the act.
When a person becomes sexually aroused and participates in sexually stimulating activities (intercourse, #masturbation, #foreplay, etc.).
The sexual-response cycle is divided into four phases: excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. There is no distinct beginning or end to each phase -- they're actually all part of a continuous process of sexual response.
Keep in mind that this is a very general outline of what happens to each of us as we become sexually aroused. There is much variation among individuals, as well as between different #sexual events.
Both men and women go through all four phases, except the timing is different. Men typically reach orgasm first during intercourse, while women may take up to 15 minutes to get to the same place. This makes the likelihood of simultaneous orgasm during intercourse a rare event
Phase one: excitement
This phase usually begins within 10 to 30 seconds after erotic stimulation, and can last anywhere from a few minutes to many hours.
Men: the #penis becomes slightly erect. A man's nipples may also become erect.
Women: vaginal lubrication begins. The vagina expands and lengthens. The outer lips, inner lips, clitoris and sometimes breasts begin to swell.
Both: heart rate, blood pressure and breathing are all accelerated.
Phase two: plateau
The changes that started in the excitement phase continue to progress.
Men: the testes are drawn up into the scrotum. The penis becomes fully erect.
Women: the vaginal lips become puffier. The tissues of the walls of the outer third of the vagina swell with blood, and the opening to the #vagina narrows. The #clitoris disappears into its hood. The inner labia (lips) change color (although it's a bit hard to notice). For women who've never had children, the lips turn from pink to bright red. In women who've had children, the color turns from bright red to deep purple.
Both: breathing and pulse rates quicken. A" sex flush" may appear on the stomach, chest, shoulders, neck or face. Muscles tense in the thighs, hips, hands and buttocks, and spasms may begin.
Phase three: orgasm
This is the climax of the cycle. It is also the shortest of the four phases, usually only lasting a few seconds.
Men: first, seminal fluid collects in the urethral bulb. This is when a man may have the sensation that orgasm is certain, or" ejaculatory inevitability" next, semen is ejaculated from the penis. Contractions occur in the penis during the orgasmic phase.
Women: the first third of the vaginal walls contract rhythmically every eight-tenths of a second. (the number and intensity of the contractions vary depending on the individual orgasm.) the muscles of the uterus also contract barely noticeably.
Both: breathing, pulse rate and blood pressure continue to rise. Muscle tension and blood-vessel engorgement reach a peak. Sometimes orgasm comes with a grasping-type muscular reflex of the hands and feet.
Phase four: resolution
This phase is a return to the normal resting state. It can last from a few minutes to a half-hour or longer. This stage is generally longer for women than men.
Men: the #penis returns to its normal flaccid state. There is usually a refractory period, where it's impossible to orgasm again until a certain amount of time has passed. The amount of time varies among men by age, physical fitness and other factors.
Women: the uterus and clitoris return to their normal positions. Some women may be able to respond to additional stimulation with additional orgasms.
Both: swelling recedes, any sex flush disappears, and there is a general relaxation of muscle tension.
Understanding what's happening to you and your partner's bodies during sex can only aid in the full enjoyment of the experience. Combine this with some good communication skills, and you've found the key to unlock sexual pleasure and your heart's desires.
Your love life is one of the keys to a successful relationship. With passing time, your intimate relationship with your partner may start to fade and seem uninteresting. Thus, it is even more important that you maintain the passionate side of your life, not just to keep your relation healthy, but also to keep yourself stress free and healthy.
Here are 4 tips which can help you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Maintain overall intimacy: Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Maintain a playful relationship: Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Communicate: Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important.
- Try Something New: While you may have heard this advice many a times, there is nothing old or dated about it. Doing something new is actually a mantra to create more excitement in your sex life. The use of toys, and new places as well as some amount of role play for a touch of fun can actually heat things up between the couple. Try a new routine or whisk each other away for a romantic dinner date.
Keeping your relationship fresh
The secret of keeping your sex life fresh, even in a long-term relationship, is communication and making sure that you spend time together. While this may seem obvious, many couples hit problems with their sex lives because they are rarely together in the same place. No wonder intimacy is lost!
Couples often expect their partner to know what they want and get angry when their needs are not met. This is often confusing for the partner who has not met the expected need, and for the person who feels their needs were not important. Communication means being able to ask for what you need in a reasonable manner without confrontation.
Make some time and space
No matter how long you have been together you need to make time and space for each other, even if you have young children. Couples often find that when they are parents they don't have time or money for treats. But a treat doesn't have to be expensive. A night in with a nice meal and a bottle of wine is as valuable as a meal out. And just because you are at home it doesn't mean you can't make an effort to bathe and dress up. Make the effort you would have in the early days and make sure the tv, computer and mobile stay off. If you can ask a grandparent or friend to have the children overnight even better!
As children get older often this can squeeze the time you have alone together. Try to make the most of the odd moments. Teenagers rarely surface early so perhaps consider making the mornings at the weekend an intimate time. Maybe treat yourself to a week-end away so you have time for each other. Time spent on keeping your relationship alive means it will be there when the children fly the nest.
A healthy physical relationship is not only stimulating, but it also enhances your emotional bonding with your partner and reduces stress in both partners. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence nor a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases, such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions, such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain or discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
How your penis lets you know how long you will live
The blood vessels in your penis are very small, only one or two millimeters in diameter, meaning they can easily get blocked by plaque caused by factors like a poor diet, lack of exercise, smoking, age or genetics.
Sure, your #penis helps you enjoy some of the funnest stuff life has to offer, but do you know it can give you an idea of how long you will live?
If you're having trouble getting it up, it might not just spell bad news for your #sex life but your life span too.
Guys with #erectile #dysfunction (ed) have a 70% higher risk of #premature death.
Being unable to get hard is often a sign that your heart isn't very healthy because poor cardiovascular health is the most common cause of #ed.
Sometimes it's also a symptom of health conditions like #diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure.
Worryingly lots of guys who have poor heart health and ed can end up having life-threatening cardiovascular problems like heart attacks.
Blocked vessels mean the blood can't flow to the penis making erections impossible.
But worse yet the build up of plaque can affect arteries that carry blood to your heart leading to shocking consequences like heart attack and death.
Ed is a surprisingly common condition which actually affects half of all men between the ages of 40 and 70. It can affect anyone, either as a one-off or reoccurring problem.
The penis issue, which can be psychological or physical, can also be linked with fatigue, stress, anxiety or depression. Your ed could be a symptom of an underlying medical issue that is yet to be diagnosed.
If you already have a diagnosis of heart disease or diabetes make sure it is being optimally managed.
If you haven't had a health check for a while then be sure to look in on your doctor as soon as possible.
Different kinds of sex
There are heaps of different types of sex. Generally, activities like kissing, touching, rubbing and stroking are not really defined as sex. Other activities, like oral sex, are actually sex. In fact, out of all the myths and misconceptions out there, one of the most common ones is that oral sex isn't really sex.
When people use their lips for pleasure - either touching each other's lips, or other parts of the body with their lips.
When two people put their mouths together and use their lips and tongues for pleasure.
Masturbation / Self-pleasuring
When you touch or stroke a part of your own body to become aroused. Different people find different things erotic. Body parts could include the clitoris, breasts, nipples, vagina, penis or anus. Exploring your own body through masturbation can be a good way to find out about your sexual feelings and your body. Masturbation is not bad for you. It's your choice whether or not you do it or not.
Fingering and touching the sensitive parts of each other's bodies.
Using fingers to stimulate another person's genitals.
The word used for any kind of kissing, massage and touching that leads to intercourse. It helps people get more aroused and can make sex more enjoyable. Foreplay doesn't always have to lead to intercourse and can be a good way to get closer to your partner when you're not ready to go all the way.
Using the mouth and tongue to stimulate your partners genital area.
Sex that does not involve penetration of the vagina or anus.
Penetrative sex (also called sexual intercourse)
When something - like a penis or a sex toy, goes inside someone else's vagina or anus. Vaginal, anal and oral sex are all types of penetrative sex.
When a guy's hard penis goes inside a girl's vagina.
When there is stimulation or penetration by a finger, sex toy or penis of another person's anus. The anus is the opening at the end of the digestive system where solid waste comes out of the body.
6 things you must always have in your bedroom for a hotter sex life
Having a couple of objects in your sex treasure chest can be a fantastic way to make your #sex life even hotter. Check out some great important ones in this piece
Sex is not just about two bodies coming together. You can explore your sexuality and make things a lot hotter by using a few simple tools.
These six major ones must-haves.
You do not have to be kinky sex lovers to enjoy the thrill you can get from having yourself or your partner blindfolded. It can be a huge turn on for one person to be blindfolded, giving himself/herself to the sweet sensual feelings, while the other enjoy having complete and total control. Great way to bring that element of surprise into your love life.
No sex box is complete without a couple of lubricants. Sex is so much better when things are wet than dry, if you know what we mean. So, have one handy in case you guys encounter some challenges.
You can have those fuzzy little cuffs, a soft rope or even a scarf, depending on what you are comfortable with. These are great for role playing plus hand ties are great for all types of positions and it turns women on when they have to struggle.
It always pays to be safe, you never know when you might need them.
5. Sex position books/apps
Having a go-to library of fun sex moves can add that extra spice to the bedroom. While hanging out with your partner, you could both have a look through and each person gets a turn to choose something new to try.
Be it the finger vibe or penis vibe, these fancy little toys can come in very handy in the bedroom if you are feeling inventive.