Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi, My wife had problems in MC which was supposed to come on 5/6 nov but it was not so proper and had pain in lower stomach hardly 1-2 drops in a day. Then she got a test with pregnancy kit and found positive. She doesn't have any other symptoms of pregnancy rather than having pain in lower stomach only. Please reply that the kit was absolutely right or it may due to some other reason. Do I need to do that test again? One more thing hemoglobin test which was done 1 month back had only 7.5mg in the age of 24yrs. Thanks in advance.
I hv 5 years old male baby, delivery done by cesarean n abortion an year ago, an unwanted pregnancy. My menstrual cycle often goes below 22 r 23 days n from one month it is below 10 days, 3 times in a month. I hv taken many precautions given by gynecologists but not being normal n feeling loss of blood n headache from previous week and getting weaker and feeling whiteness from female private part from a month. please advice any precautions necessary measures to prevent this disease, so that I would not suffer. Thanks n regards.
For some reason I am scared. I am a virgin. Can pre cum get me pregnant if penetration doesn't occur? It was it just around my pubic hair area.
I am having sugar and I got married 3 months back now I am pregnant can you give suggestion for not getting sugar to my child.
I am 22 years old girl having whitish discharge still 1 year I have consult doctor but no use. Have done tests and have taken medicines but of no use. please help me what to do?
My sister is 49 year old lady and she is having swelling in right leg and bleeding is very high during periods and after periodsWhat is the reason? kindly advice.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.