Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RahitaYour feedback matters!
Is there some time or specific posture to get a boy baby while having sex. And what are the symptoms of ovulation.
I'm 34 years old women, though my period was regular since in jan I had polykit for gastric my period is now irregular and since last three month I don't have any period. And I don't have any health problem neither I am on any medication. Last time before four month I had Amenova and I had period on May 21 sine then till now no sign of period. Please help and suggest. Thank you in advance.
Sir this time I haven't pcod or any cyst in ovary pls suggest me did I continue medicine or not I take also glycomet for pcod.
Vaginal itching is a condition which occurs when the vagina comes in contact with irritants or because of a vaginal infection. Menopause may also lead to conditions that trigger itching in the vagina. In some cases, sexually transmitted diseases and skin allergies also lead to vaginal itching. The conditions in itself is not a major cause of concern, however, one should consult a doctor to treat the underlying condition, if any.
The main component of vaginal itching is the trigger, as there can be many of them. The various causes of vaginal itching are-
Irritants: Vaginal contact with certain irritants can be the cause behind vaginal itching. Some common substances that irritate the vagina are:
Skin Problems: Certain skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis can result in itching and redness in the genitals. Eczema is a condition which is akin to allergies. Psoriasis is a condition which is characterized by itchy, scaly and red patches on the skin. These symptoms may slowly start spreading to the vagina.
Infections in the Vagina: Infections in the vagina such as bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection can lead to vaginal itching. In addition to the vaginal itching, they can also lead to a foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Menopause: During menopause, the estrogen levels in the body dip, thus resulting in a dry vagina. A dry vagina can sometimes lead to vaginal itching.
Stress: Excessive stress can lead to vaginal itching as stress affects the immune system in the body. A weakened immune system makes one prone to a number of disorders, vaginal itching being one of them.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia are disorders, symptoms of which include itching in the vagina.
The treatment for vaginal itching begins with a diagnosis of the underlying condition that might be causing it in the first place. The treatment for this disorder is cause specific; hence the underlying condition needs to be identified. Antibiotics and antifungal medications may be administered to treat vaginal itching. For menopause related causes, estrogen creams or tablets are required.
You can also take preventive measures such as:
Avoid using scented soaps.
Use protection during sex.
Wear cotton based underwear.
Eat plenty of yoghurt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I had my periods on 20th december and it lasted till 26th december. I had unprotected sex on 31st december morning and took an i-pill on the same day evening. On 5th jan I started bleeding. Is it periods? And Why? And is this normal?
I am 27 weeks pregnant for a mucoid discharge I am on progesteron 100mg bid,& devudilan 10mg/day from 10 days, now i am alright but suffering from sensitive and swollen gums from 2 days is it due to the effect of medicine? shall I continue them or stop? still 5 days course remaining.
I have my period date on 20 march its 25 today its late and I have white discharge no cramps I am worried.
I am a 59 years old lady. I suffer from vulvitis very frequently. About 5 months back I suffered very serious infection having blisters on vulva and around anus which was cured by taking by acivir 400 for seven days. Now my vagina and vulva skin has become very sensitive and dry I feel itching every time and it is very irritating and I feel so much pain during intercourse and after that also. Pl. Suggest me some vaginal creme for curing my skin can I use evalon creme. Even a small itching cause wounds on vulva lips. Pl. Help me. Can I repeat acivir 400? Pl guide me.
Hi, I am 20 years old. Me and my boyfriend had protected sex 10 days ago for a few times. Then I took a pill next to next day and now I am late by two days. I have never been late before. Is it normal? And if it is, then for how many days is it normal to wait for periods? Also I am having fever since last few days. So is there a chance that it maybe related to the delayed periods?
After my delivery i'm getting period regularly but flow is more only on 4th 5th day overly with stomach pain, I want to know why it happens.
I am a 32 years old lady. Have three children with one miss abortion. Two months before my pregnancy test became positive after getting the ultrasonography I were told that the fetus was not in uterine canal it was in right adenexia. I also did a beta hcg test showing the amount 32000. I was initially proscribed with methotrexate tablets. That later on reduced the beta hgc level to 2000 and the fetal mass size reduced from 2 cm to 1 cm. Currently I have bleeding what should I do further.
I have pcod from 10 years. I have symptoms like unwanted hair growth hair fall irregular periods. Sometimes heavy flow.
Hi i m 18 yrs old and I have pcos. I m having my first day of my periods after a gap of 4 months but now even on first day my bleeding rate is very low and it is dark brown in colour and i m gaining weight also please help me.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions.
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.