Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ragunath ManogaranYour feedback matters!
I met with an accident around 3-4 years ago and got an injury in my right leg on knee and got plastered. 4 years passed and now i'm getting pain in it what should I do?
Hi sir. I underwent arthoscopy for my left knee for lateral minicus tear on 29th sep 13. since then I have problem while prolong sitting in office. Bike ride etc. it's always painful and I feel more or less pain 24/7. Now I am having two medicines tendocare And Elkar 0.5 g Past 3 months. However the flexibility n volume of pain had reduced past one month BT it's never cured. I wonder if I can be normal as I was before surgery or injury. I got injury on 25 July 11 while playing football. Thanks
He suffering from knee pain since last year he always take painkiller since last year. Last three or four days he didn't take painkiller. Now he couldn't walk, his knee swell, what can we do for pain and swell and instant relief so that he can walk.
My elder brother, 24, struggling with pain in his knees. His joint seems weak and have pain in it. What should he try? Also say do's and do not's.
My mom's feet hurt inside the kneww. There is nothing swollen or anything, but she says the nerves in the knees pain when she sits or stands. Please recommend what to do.
My mom has pain in knee joint. And unusual swelling in foots. She can not stand up for long time. Whenever she stands in kitchen. Her foot got swollen. Otherwise it remain normal.
I am 29 year old female and have heavy legs pain from last 3 days. I am not getting sleep also Wat should I do now.
I m 38 years old. I have pain in my hands fingers and in joints of hand also every time and feel pain in legs joints and ankles.. In morning I feel very much pain.
Hello doctors. I had c-section after having contractions for almost 2days, before 4months. Am having severe back pain (exactly back to the chest and low back). Also knee pain, joint pain. I should admit i have skipped iron calcium during my pregnancy. I have been identified with hypothyroidism recently. Any medications n exercise? Thanks in advance .
I had facture on my finger after consulting with orthopedic I had been plastered, but finger had been slightly band.
I'm 25 years female and got married 6 months back and started my family life my problem is after I've started my married life I've been frequently suffering with fever with chills, nausiatic, fatigue, backache and regular with my cycle.
Knee replacement is a surgery wherein an artificial joint is used to replace a diseased, damaged or worn out knee. This surgery is common among people who fall in the age group of 60-80, but recent trends seem to suggest that younger people are opting for this surgery as well. The lifetime of the artificial knee joint is around 20 years, provided the knee is well cared for.
Why do you need Knee Replacement?
Most common reason is “high grade osteoarthritis” due to wear and tear of the knee joint. The pre-hospital study of the Knee joint is mandatory and would decide what kind of Replacement is suitable to the patient. If there is diabetes or hypertension associated with this, then it should be controlled well before undergoing surgery. Hemoglobin of at least 10 gm% is required.
If the mobility in your knee joint is reduced leading to impaired functioning of the knee joint, then you might need a knee replacement surgery. You may experience pain while walking, sitting and, in some cases, resting as well.
Some of the common reasons why you may opt for this particular surgery are:
- Gout, where, small crystals are formed inside the joint.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune system of the body attacks the body’s healthy tissues.
- Hemophilia, wherein, the blood ceases to clot normally.
- Injuries to the knee
- Disorders that cause unusual bone growth (bone dysplasias)
- Death of bone in the knee joint following blood supply problems (avascular necrosis)
- Knee deformity with pain and loss of cartilage
- Unusual growth of bones in the knee joint
Knee replacement surgery is classified into:
1. Partial Knee Replacement: In this surgery, only one part of the joint is replaced.
2. Total Knee Replacement: Total knee replacement surgery involves replacement of both sides of the knee joint.
The usual hospital stay period is around 2-3 days after the surgery is completed. Initially, you will require the help of crutches to walk for at least 2 months. You may also be asked to do gentle knee strengthening exercises. It may take up to two years to recover completely from a knee replacement surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
I am 25year old male and have backache for last 2months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days. What haven't got any relief. What should do now?
I don't know but my haid pains alot. I mean almost each and every day. It's not that severe kinda mild? do what's the problem?
I am running fast and stop so my all knees down portion are pain and sit for long time so just same problem.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop lower back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware but regular activities like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments.
Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. However, it is often very difficult to pinpoint the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes of lower back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the computer. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smartphones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take a break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to the vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress, increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands release stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.
Ways to get rid of lower back pain
- You must lie on your back.
- It is then advisable to lift your left leg, as high as you can
- Thereafter, keep the legs straight in a raised position.
- You are then supposed to hold your lower thigh with both hands.
- You can then pull the leg toward your upper half of the body
- Hold this position for some 10 to 15 seconds.
- Position yourself back in the starting position.
- Repeat the same with the right leg.
- Do this 2-3 times with each leg to get rid of the lower back pain.
- Apply hot or cold compression on the affected part
- Eat a balanced diet
- Don’t smoke or drink
- Exercise in a proper posture
- Don’t spend too many hours sitting before laptops or tv. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.