Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
I am 27 old, coming blood during brushing and foul smell from mouth. Please suggest me any treatment. Thanks.
I had a collision with my friend, in which I have make a tooth loose. That tooth is now loose in grip. So how can I recover it again?
Hi madam. I am naveen I have suffered from small problem. In sleeping and any time my mouth is opened. Recenlty the from 3 yrs I have suffered these one. Please tell me.
I'm 20 year old. Every morning when I brush teeth my gums start bleeding. How to treat this by myself?
I am 18 years old .I am suffering the pain in my mouth that at last gum were there is no teeth from 2 days I am suffering the at the gum of lift side please tell me how could I get relief from the pain and what is the reason?
I'm 1 month pregnant and having severe tooth pain after pregnancy. I can not wait so have taken zerodol sp two times. Will it harm my baby in two dose please help.
Dear Sir, I am suffering from TMJ dysfunction from last 2Months, The main problem is that I am feeling clicking during my mouth opening and closing. For that problem I had also consult with one Maxillofacial /orthodontist and they had done Occlusion treatment and now they are asking for Splint for 6-8Months. But after my Occlusion treatment I am feeling Muscle tension Headache and minor pain in my TMJ side. (Note:- My first doctor (Mr. Manish Sharma) referred me to another doctor (Varun) for Occlusion treatment) Please suggest whether should I go with splint or not because doctor is not sure for 100% improvement in my TMJ problem. I am taking below medicine during my treatment:- 1). Rejoint 2). Mahagesic MR-4mg.
I have teeth ache from last 3 months. So I don't eat cold item. I don't have any damage teeth but some time it will feels horrible. So what I can do for this problem?
I have teeth problem from before 10 days, then every day I smoke cigarettes any solution please tell me.
Sir my father is suffering weakness and did not find himself well, and he checkup ed all test like sugar, blood and nothing wrong but in summer he feels very bad due to sunlight and in mouth saliva is not coming well and he feel food tasteless and very weak.
I am 27 years old, am using colgate complete tooth paste regularly. Recently I consulted a dentist and asked about the best tooth paste and he suggested me do not use branded tooth pastes, recommended me use stolin-R. My doubt is, what should we verify when we choose the paste, will you please suggest tooth paste which is best for all oral problems,
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.