Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RadikaYour feedback matters!
My wife was operated for hysto laparoscopy a year back now we are planning to have a baby but she was not able to conceive from past 6 months, and her periods are regular. Now we have diagnosed her and doctor says there is again a growth of cyst in one of her ovary. As well I have checked my semen and report says I have less sperm motility and density rest of it is normal, I was addicted to tobacco is that the reason of less sperm motility. Please help me for 2 things: 1. How can my wife be treated for growing cyst or is that normal. 2. How can I increase sperm motility and density 3. While giving sperm for test I was a bit nervous and in stress and was not able to get sperm properly or as desired, could that be the reason for less sperm motility and density. And any other tips for conceiving.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.
Hie. Recently me and my girlfriend had some sort of sex. I didn't put my part in her. But I just rubbed for 1 to 2 sec. I didn't split on her. Does she would become pregnant. It's been a week that we had done this we didn't use any pill. How do we know if she pregnant or not and what are the symptoms and when do we use test machine please answer this we are feeling so much tensed.
I got lumps on my vaginal lips. They are paining. I had early cellulitis diagnosed 3 weeks back and took medication - augmentin 625, clindamycin 600, Dolo 650. I still have some reddish blisters on my legs. My feet are still aching. What medicine should I use now?
White fluid discharge. As per clinical test klebsiella pneumoniae found in April 2016. PAP SMEAR AND HPV NEGATIVE. Augmentin 625 taken No relief. Currently fluid discharge with waist pain. Kindly suggest.
Hello sir am married since from 9 months and my wife is pregnant of 3 and half month, the problem is she getting watery from her chest while I press it. It's happened same some before months and again it's been stated please suggest me good advice.
I am 30 years old I am using new folinal plus tablets 14 th day of my period I had sex in morning time .i visit doctor after noon time doctor prescribed scanning, reports she said every thing is OK planing to pregnancy. So I am pregnant or not?
चलों जानते हैं कि इन गर्मियों में आप अपने खाने के साथ क्या स्पेशल जोड़ सकते हैं जो आपको और आपको परिवार को रखेगा स्वस्थ और सुरक्षित।
आहार विशेषज्ञ (डाइटीशीयन) और और फैमिली डॉक्टर हमेशा हमसे कहते हैं कि अपने खाने में ताजा, स्वादिष्ट और स्वस्थ भोजन को प्रचुर मात्रा में लें।
हम सभी जानते हैं कि हमारे देश में गर्मी का आलम क्या होता है। ऐसी गर्मी में बहुत ही जरूरी है कि आप अपने खानें में मौसम के हिसाब से कुछ बदलाव करें।
इस मौसम में एक हेल्थी डाइट बनाए रखना बहुत आवश्यक है।
इससे आप गर्मी के दिनों में भी फिट और स्वस्थ रह सकते हैं और बासी खाना खाने से भी बचे रहेंगे। यदि हम अच्छा खाना रेगुलर आदत में नहीं लाते तो हमें जंक फूड खाना पड़ता है जो कई बीमारियों का कारण होते है।
गर्मियों के दिनों में हमें अपने खाने में ज्यादा से ज्याद कच्चे फल और सब्जियाँ खानें चाहिए। इससे आपकी मोटापा भी कम होगा वो भी बिना भूखे रहे। खूब खाइये पर अच्छा खाइये।
गर्मियों में स्वस्थ और पौष्टिक भोजन के लिए टिप्स –
फल का सेवन – ताजे फलों का सेवन ज्यादा से ज्यादा करें।
कोशिश करें कि दिन की शुरूआत फल खाके करें और अगर हो सके तो सुबह का नाश्ते में सिर्फ ताजे फल ही खाएं।
फलों में आप तरबूज, नाशपाती, सेब, बेर और अनानास (पाइनएप्पल) ले सकते हैं।
फल का ज्यादा सेवन गर्मियों में आपको निश्चित रूप से स्वस्थ रखेगा।
पानी का ज्यादा सेवन – ज्यादा से ज्यादा पानी पीने से आपके शरीर का गर्मी कुछ हद तक शांत रहती है और आपकी त्वचा भी स्वस्थ रहती है।
गर्मी के दिनों में पानी की कमी बहुत ही जल्दी हो जाती है इसे दूर करने का एक मात्र उपाय पानी का अधिक सेवन ही है।
जितना संभव हो सके उतना पानी पीयें।
गर्मी के दिनों में हर दिन पारा चढ़ता है ऐसे में जरूरी है कि आप ताजा भोजन,ताजे फल और पानी का अधिक से अधिक सेवन करें। इससे आप गरम दिनों में भी स्वस्थ और शांत रहेंगे।
आपको स्वस्थ रखने के लिए प्रकृति के पास बहुत कुछ है यदि आप समझ गए कि क्या, कहाँ और कितना तो ये आपके लिए बहुत ही फायदेमंद होगा।