Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RadikaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I got married and my 4th year is going on. I had one abortion (3 months) at my first year married life. I took Dnc. After that I ll take my treatment for next baby. But till now I might not conceiving a baby. We both took all test. I'm having pco problems at low level. But regular periods, no blocks. And doctors also saying everything is okay. Well egg growth and ruptured process. I took one IUI. But all comes to failure. Could you please tell me what will be the reason? Regards, Shanthini.
My wife is 33 years old we have 3 childrens all delivery was operation 1st child boy was 9 months period 2nd one boy was 8 months period then 3rd one girl was on 7th month pregnancy period, pregnancy gap in three of them is 3 years age difference Now the problem is she is having monthly period twice in two weeks gap her real period time is the week of first month the miss date one is happening after 18 days it can change less or more, both periods are for days time why is this what should I have to do.
I have a small lump on my back. I have been observing this since last few years. Earlier it was of pea size but now slightly bigger. When I rub lump with fingers then a fouled smell could be felt. Please advise me whether the lump should be removed by surgery and it may be cancerous. I am mild diabetic and high B. P. And take medicine gleminor 1m and Telsar 40, 1 tab each a day. Sugar fasting110-120, bp 130/85.
I am 37 female having weight 62 height 5.4 I have started walking in evening fr an hour but when I start walking fast my heart pain little pain in palm is due tu my cholesterol level high or I have heart problem.
I got married this year. My age 18 years old, during first time of intercourse I have no bleeding. Is it common? & did any bothering my pregnancy or not. Thnk you.
The weight loss journey is one that is filled with ups, downs, temptations and overall confusion. What should you eat? How much? What should you avoid? How can food help you in your weight loss journey? These are many questions that plague the minds of those living with a few extra pounds and kilos. So get your weight loss routine right without starving. Put these five ingredients on your plate to get help in losing weight.
- Eggs: This protein-rich food item gives your body due nourishment even as they put the metabolism in high gear, right in the morning. This is the time when the metabolism is at its peak. Eggs also have healthy fats which can make you feel full with a fraction of the calorie intake.
- Fish: A known source of Omega 3 fatty acids, salmon, trout, mackerel, tuna and other kinds of fishes are well known aids for weight loss. They give precious iodine to the body and supply plenty of proteins as well. Omega three fatty acids help in bringing down inflammation and bloating to help you get a more toned body.
- Beans: Eating a serving of beans, lentils and legumes in a day is also a great way to lose weight. Black beans and other legumes are known to have high dietary fibres which help in making the metabolism work faster. With the help of such fibres, the food gets pushed through the food pipe much faster, and much more effectively.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a super ingredient that helps in giving you a feeling of fullness when ingested right before a meal. Also, it is a well known super food in the health and wellness community, and is known to help people suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol and a host of other ailments.
- Greens: Loaded with dietary fibres, yet low in carbohydrates and calories, green vegetables are a wonder food that can also banish bloating. Get your heart's fill of kale, spinach, cabbage and other ingredients, every single day for visible results in the weight loss arena. You can have them as a stir fry, in a salad, or simply churn a handful of green leaves into a healthy smoothie!
Using whole grains like oats and even nuts for the weight loss process has been known to offer health benefits and great results!
It usually starts at about 6 weeks of pregnancy and improves at around 14-16 weeks.
Morning sickness won't threaten your baby's well being, as long as you're able to keep some food down, and drink plenty of fluids.
An important nutrient in the first trimester is 400 mcg of folic acid, as this will help your baby's spine and nervous system to develop.
The best way to deal with morning sickness is
1) Drink plenty of fluids.
2) Small frequent meals
3) Avoid spicy and oily food
4) 2 meals should include fruits and vegetables.
6) Multi vitamins
7) Doctors advice.
Exposure to the sun for a long period of time can result in several skin problems. They occur on the basis of heat, humidity and the rays of the sun. Here are the most common skin problems caused due to sun exposure:
- Sunburn: Sunburns occur as a result of overexposure of the skin to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin in the skin protects it from the sun’s rays, but in case of overexposure, melanin fails to work and sunburn is caused. The symptoms of sunburn include the skin turning red, burning in the affected areas, skin tightness and a sensation of itching. Severe symptoms are blisters, chills, fever and fatigue.
- Age spots: Age spots are caused due to overexposure to the sun. They are brown marks, which appear on the surface of the skin, especially in the arms, hands and other body parts. Age spots get more prevalent with ageing. Symptoms of this condition include brown and gray pigmentation on the skin surface. The pigmentation occurs in a circular shape and is flat on the skin.
- Photosensitivity: This condition is also known as sun allergy. People with photosensitivity are likely to get burned from sun exposure very easily, and symptoms of sunburn are observed. Symptoms include red and pink skin rashes accompanied by itching and burning. The area gets scaly and blistered.
- Moles: Moles occur commonly due to sun exposure. They may appear on any part of the body. Moles may vary from being harmless to cancerous. Common symptoms include raised skin and the skin tone changing into reddish brown or black. Moles are round in shape, and some moles are painful.
- Solar elastosis: This condition is commonly known wrinkles and occurs when the elastic tissues of the skin get deteriorated due to sun exposure. The skin turns limp on account of no strength of the tissues and collagen. Wrinkles appear, and the skin seems loose and sagging. Deep lines are formed on the skin.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer accounts for being the most severe and fatal result of prolonged exposure to the sun without any kind of protection. There are many forms of skin cancer. The most primary skin cancers include Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Polymorphous light eruption: This condition, known as PMLE in short, affects women between the age group of twenty to forty. It also occurs in light sensitive people who spend more time under the sun. Symptoms include a red or pink, bumpy rash and raised areas on the skin surface. Itchiness and dry patches are indicated.
A large number of skin problems occur due to long hours of sun exposure. Some of these are chronic problems, which require proper treatment. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.