Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RadikaYour feedback matters!
Your ovulation cycle is largely ignored until you decide to have a baby. Suddenly, the ovulation cycle becomes more than just a countdown to your next period. When you're trying to get pregnant, you need to identify when you're ovulating to calculate the time available to you to conceive a child. Ovulation occurs mid cycle, every month for most women. It is usually accompanied by a number of symptoms. Some of these are:
Ovulation pain: Some women may experience an abdominal pain when they ovulate. This can range from a mild sensation to a constant pain. The latter is not normal and may be caused by ovarian cysts or scarring by a previous surgery.
Higher Basal body temperature: Basal body temperature is the lowest temperature recorded in the body when it is at rest. At the time of ovulation, this temperature normally increases as a result of the release of progesterone. To use this method to determine ovulation, you will need a basal thermometer. Take your temperature every morning as soon as you wake up and record it in a chart to spot temperature changes.
Basal body temperature can also be used to determine if recent intercourse has resulted in a pregnancy or not. If the basal temperature remains elevated for 18 days after intercourse, it is safe to say that you are pregnant.
Cervical mucus: The mucus released by the vagina changes according to the stage of the ovulation cycle. This is caused by the fluctuations of hormone levels. At the time of ovulation, cervical mucus is clear, slippery and highly elastic. This can be compared to a raw egg white in colour and consistency. After ovulation, this mucus will turn stickier and denser.
Cervical position: Your cervix itself will shift at the time of ovulation. Some women can easily feel this change, while it may take a little time for others to identify it. The cervix is usually positioned low and feels hard and closed. However, just before ovulation, it will usually open up and soften a little as well as pull back. Cervical position also needs to be regularly charted to determine when the position changes.
Spotting: Spotting during mid cycle is not always a sign of an early period. It may also signal ovulation. This is usually a result of the sudden drop in estrogen that precedes ovulation. Since the progesterone levels are not high at this time, the lining of the uterus may leak a little blood.
Other signs of ovulation include:
- Breast tenderness
- Heightened sense of smell, taste, etc.
- Increased libido
- Increased energy levels
- Water retention
Hi, im not married im single im 29 year old my periods was normal I do not have any problem like pcos r thyroid, I got my period on 25th sep and October 25th I should get but I didn't get period after 45 days I just got spotting but not normal please help me I should consult doctor r wat.
My precum touched my Girlfriend's vagina yesterday afternoon, but we did not get involved in coitus. She was on her Periods. Since that incident she hasn't bled, even though she's on her periods. We're very concerned and have intention to have a baby now.
Hiii. I'm 25 year old. Now im 8 month pregnant. I have problem for breathing. And at night sleeping. Light pain in lower area. There is any chances to early pregnancy. Because edd is 28 aug.
Hi I am sangeeta From Nepal My periods gets late day by day. I feel pain in those late days. I am in too depression by this disease. My all the performance gets lost by this stupid diseases. So please let me out from this. I am too thankful of you!
Should there be a minimum age for the insertion of IUDs? I have learnt that barrier methods are not 100% effective neither the withdrawal methods.
Hi. I had protected intercourse with my wife using a condom on 1st October. Generally my wife menstruate first week of every month. There is always a preponed menstruation. This time it's been delayed. Do we need to do a urine test now or wait for some more days. She's having papaya every day. Please help.
The study explains the relationship between diabetes and vitamin d. Irrespective of weight. Men with low vitamin d are susceptible to pre diabetes and diabetes specially type 2. Vitamin d is naturally produced by the skin after it is exposed to sunlight. Anothef source of vitamin d is milk that has been fortified with vitamin d. And over 1 billion people the world over suffer from vitamin d deficiency
Dear sir / mam, I am 20 years old female. I want to delay my periods for just few days. I wanted to know that weather taking this step would be harmful to me in future? as I have regular cycle since the time I got mature. Kindly help me By giving a helpful answer.
Two months back my wife gave birth to girl child. It's C Section delivery. Both wife and my child are doing great now. When is the right time to get sex with her? And which is the right time to put Copper T?
It is 3 years since my daughter got married, but she hasn't conceived yet. She is obese and has PCOD. She is undergoing IVF treatment, but not successful yet. I would be thankful to hear from you. Peter Pathrose.
I and my gf had sex on september 14 after that in october she got periods and even in november and december. And they happened till 7days or 5days. But in this month which is january she didn't got periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy i am sacred please suggest.
Last 2 days I am feeling like vomiting almost in every time. and feeling heavy abdomen and I have done my intercourse in my 11 th day after my periods. and I was also planning for the baby and also feeling tired n also not feeling to eat. M I got pregnant.
I had a sex with my boy friend before marriage but without using any protective methods. We did it but we dont complete it even we dont allow sperm to get in. Since it is first time because of fear and pain and not yet marrried we then stop doing it. For a note not even hymen get torn, but now I forgeted my periods due data so I ate a tablet for pre mensturation without geting its name too. But till now I dont feel my periods is coming and I had a sex absolutely 7 days before this day. But after consuming this tablet I experienced abnormal fow of thick white in my vagina. My doubt is am I pregnant or am I having any other problem in fallopian tube or uterus for such awkward dense white flow. Please help me.
Dronis r 20 mg kab se start krni h and kab tak leni hoti h and isk khatam hite hi second pack kb start krna h. Or isk side effects kya h. Irregular periods and pcod k liye mujhe Dr. and suggest ki h.
Hi all, I have used clomid for ovulation I got one follicle at left ovary means one matured egg gone for IUI. LMP is 23 Rd November. Today is 10 th day of missed period. I went for ultra scan thy are able to see two different sacs. They said one baby confirmed. Abt second one had to wait one more week. My doubt is I had only one egg how come two baby's.is that twins or gestational sac.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
My wife and me had unprotected sex on the very next day her menses ended. We are worried about pregnancy? Is that safe time or she can get pregnant?
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.