Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhika Prakash
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika PrakashYour feedback matters!
Please suggest some good products like any good brand oil which can help in making baby and baby bones strong. Also suggest any brand for milk supplement for my baby. Also any other thing whichbu can suggest I should start for him at this age like pediasure etc.
Often children are born with bowing of legs, due to folded leg position in utero.
Once they start putting pressure on them while walking, they may straighten out. This happens generally by 2 to 3 years of age.
If not corrected then they may cause some serious problems:
*shortening of 1 leg
*difficulty walking running
*higher risk of arthritis.
Persistent bowing may be due some deficiency:
*lead or fluoride poisoning
First few tests:
25 (oh) vitamin d3 level in serum
Serum free calcium level
X-ray of legs.
How will your pediatrician monitor for a change?
Measurements of distance between knees while a child is lying on the back.
This is monitored to see for any worsening
What can be done?
*any other underlying problem to be ruled out.
*braces orthopedic devices to keep the leg in straightened position (serious cases)
**surgery after 3 years (determined according to individual case basis)
All problems may not be solved but timely intervention can change the life of a child forever.
Share this on social media if you found it helpful.
My baby was 4 years old Has cold for last 3 months regularly. Its symptoms is like starting running nose then, blocked nose, then snoring, then getting heavy cough while sleeping, then chest cold, then get like cure. But not cure, again it will be start from running nose, blocked nose, snoring, cough etc. Its happening last 3 months randomly. We taken Levocitrize, asthalin, levolin (as per doctor advice) etc. Etc. But still not cure. Please advice what we can do? Thanks.
I am having a baby boy six months 22 days old he is having a PDA size 3mm and having shrinkage in one of his bicuspid valve in heart. Is there possibility that PDA can be filled on its own. Kindly suggest what is required to be done.
My baby birth date is 4 may 2016 but she didn't cry after birth. She has admitted in nursery for 20 day now she is at home. medicine and feeding is done through RT. Now she has began to cry before 5 days. please give your valuable opinion after get well she has any disability or not.
My daughter is 3 years old & she use to suck her thumb. Due to which her weight is not increasing. Pls tell me how this problem can be resolved. She doesn't eat so much.
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
My daughter is 7 year old. Sometimes she complaints about stomach ache. We consultant the doctor. He give medicine. But the problem is same, when she stops taking medicine. How can I cure her? please help.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS