Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika PrakashYour feedback matters!
My daughter who is 2 months old Wakes up suddenly like she is scared of something. It happens during the day and night also. It is happening for the past 2 days. After dat she cries. Please let me know what may be the problem.
My girl child is one month old. She is having cough shortly after birth, 3-4 times a day, but not much. Is it normal or needed to be treated? please suggest.
My one year old baby boy is getting hard stools and pushes very hard while doing this. It is since her birth. What to do?
My son is 9 year old, he is speaking very fast and repeating words and very bad pronounce continue walking or moving body cant stable any place for 2 minute, some times he lost presence of others, less sleeping, poor health, short memories. Thanks and regards
My daughter -in-law 14 months baby was suffering from motions. She was crying too much while motioning. What to do sir/medium. Thank you.
My baby is of 28 day I feed her with similac advance baby milk powder. Initially at her birth doctor advised me to feed her 30 mL after two hours and now she is not getting satisfied by 30 mL .What should be her dose now for milk. And she even not take mother's milk as whenever she is tried to feed with baby milk she starts crying. What should we do?
My four year baby is sick with a temperature of 99 degrees she can't keep anything down including liquids. Please what should I do.
My baby born premature 31 weeks 3 days. Now she weighs 2 kgs. On her genital part right side swelling observed. Dr. told to do usg. On usg we found right inguinal hernia on ovaries. Surgeon reduced the swelling with his hand. Bow swelling reduced. 8 mm defect hole observed. surgery is compulsory or cure on its own.
My daughter is 8 months old and she has a habit of tightening her hands and her face turns red is something is not according to her will. We have got done her serum calcium and eeg done and both of them are normal. Is this behavior ok or should I be worried about this.
Hello doctor, My baby is 10 months old she crawls very nicely and stands too but fears to walk and falls down. So what should I do to make her walk? Should I massage her back and legs and with which oil?
I have 4 month old baby unhappy always has colic always want to be held has reflux too he is on Rantac twice and ondem syrup thrice a day some time happy when held otherwise fussy even when held don't like to play on own, and hate to lay down flat even for nappy change what to do please help.
I am a student and my age is17 but my body doesn't look like as 17 .I am so weak what can I have to do for a healthy body please suggest me.
My daughter is about two years old. Her grand parents are worried about her weight & giving junk food & soft drinks inorder to increase her weight. She weighs 9.5kg. Is it too low.
My son is 5 month old and his weight is 4.7 Kg, birth weight was 2.6 kg. We just started to give him cow milk one time in a day .is this ok? Showing underweight any worries. He is very active also. Please tell mi what to do.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.