Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RadhikaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 7months old can any doc prescribed me what all foods should I start to my baby. As she is too weak.
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.
Hi Team, I have twin baby girls, they are 13 months old now and one baby is 9.5 kgs weight and the other is 10.3 kgs. Is it a correct weight growth for them I am worried. I would like to ask if we can give them Threptin biscuits for better weight growth or do I need to prefer any other for them. Do suggest me with food items for them for gaining weight and for brain development.
Hi, I'm actually 14 years old, I'm a girl and I really need some advice now. So I have no boyfriend since birth then I don't usually go out in the house and I spent much more time with my family than friends. And I have this weird feeling that I'm pregnant, cause my nipples hurts when they're slightly touched and I have nausea early in the morning, abdominal pain, frequent urination, Thirst or a very dry mouth, Difficulty breathing and a blurred vision when I stand up, But then I also doubt that I have DKA (diabeticketoacidosis) Cause I searched in google and seems I have it's symptoms, I'm really confused, afraid and scared right now.
My 14 months daughter doesn't want to eat anything, she only crazy of breast feed. We are really worried why she doesn't want to eat anything, till a month ago she use to eat sometimes something like boiled egg, cerelac mixed with milk, hotchpotch, biscuits etc but now she just hate all of them. Otherwise she is fit and fine the only issue is she is not eating anything, please suggest what to do, what are the tricks we can adopt to feed her.
My 2 month old son has umbilical hernia. Painless,navel protrusion approx one inch. Any treatment possible in homeopathy as allopathy calls for waiting till 3 years.
My baby is 2 month old. She does sleep. She controls her sleep. She falls off to sleep when I am breastfeeding her. The minute I take nipple out of her mouth she wakes up. Is it ok to give her a pacifier to put her to sleep and let the pacifier be in her mouth till she wakes up?
Children with highly involved parents had enhanced social functioning and fewer behaviour problems.