Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I'm 75 years old am hypertensive which is under control with medication. I have OA both knees. Apart from surgery what will be a better treatment.
My father is a diabetic patient, he is suffering from edema there is pain in hip joint fom last 3 months so doctor advised him to have a rest for 3 months. But after having a rest of 3 months there is too low recovery In new xray we came to know about that still there is no blood circulation on that particular area (hip joint) So doctor again advised him for rest So please suggest me something better than the best I'll be so thankful to you.
My joint pain nd that sound come when I stretch myself. I think due to lack of calcium so which tablets I should take suggest me.
Respected doctor. I have gone through knee replacement surgery for both leg, for one leg 3 years back and other leg 2 months back. My question is can I go for regular walk for few kilometres daily or it may harm me? please guide. Thanks.
My Father aged 58 is suffering from a condition in which he feels stain and pain when he walks in his left leg. We approached to Neurologist where after MRI he said that it is Cauda equine syndrome and asked to undergo minor surgery to relive the pressure upon the particular nerves. But we afraid to undergo operation as it may create some other problems too. Please advise.
I am 25 year old I am having insomnia problem. I am not able to remember well. I want to boost up my memory. Sometimes I am bewildered too. I am often having leg pain, Tried all most to every doctor. And its like jitna muh utni baat. please help me. Thank youRegardsAnonymous.
Quiery regarding elbow joint dislocation, joint dislocation in accident 15 days ago, joint now almost allinged but movement is 90%, please guide.
Over 80% of the population will suffer from lower back pain during their lives. Most cases of lower back pain can be linked to a general cause - such as muscle strain, injury, or overuse - or can be attributed to a specific condition of the spine, most commonly:
I have back pain problem and due to this I am not able to sleep from last 2 days. Please guide me for necessary things which should be followed for relief.
I am 23 years old. And pain in my leg last 2 month. Pls suggest me what I do. I am very irritated for this pain.
I am suffering from back pain from last 6 months. From last 2 months I am not able to walk, Dr. Asked me to do a mri lumbar sacral spine. Report is. Desiccated disk at L5-S1 level. Diffuse diskal protrusion at L5-S1 level effacing the anterior epidural fat and indenting the thecal sac. Superior migration of large right para-central diskal herniation atL5-S1 level reaching uptill mid level of L5 and causing extradural thecal and right radicular indentation. Doctors are advising for surgery. Please advice.
I am having a severe back pain and right leg pain and I am pregnant woman of 8 month running. So give me remedies for this.
I have a desk job. I'm having back pain former neck to lower back for the last 4 years. It comes and goes. I sometimes feel pain in leg as well. Please help.
Can anyone tell me what could be the reason behind unbearable pain in legs? In reports only vitamin b 12 and vitamin d deficiency has came? Please advise.
- People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.