Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika BaskarYour feedback matters!
Now she is in her 6th week of pregnancy. She has positive RH factor. For this she has been taking ayurvedic medicines for last 1 years. Now after conception she is taking ayurvedic for arthritis and allopathy for pregnancy. Is it ok? Second, what should be her diet as she is vegetarian.
I am 43. Suffering from prolonged bleeding since last two months. USG report is normal. Trapic advised by doctor but it is not effective.
Iam 18yer old girl I hav missed my period last was on 25dec. Till nw I havmt got my period. I checked bt the result was negative wr should I do to get my period early.
I am 19 years old and I want to do sex with someone so I decided to have sex with call girl so what are the precaution that I should take during sex.
Dos 10 - 10. Drink a lot of caffeine
Caffeine can travel through the placenta and increase your baby's heart rate. Current research suggests that women can safely consume a cup or two of coffee each day,
I'm a 16yrs girl I got intimate during periods so I missed my periods for 2 months n during these days I used too much sleeping pills so I jus wanna ask that what could be the reason for missed periods?
I am 30 years old female and getting numbness in my finger tips as I lay down to rest even getting white discharge in much amount so can some one guid me in my health related problems?
I am suffering frm polycystic Overy syndrome with increase testosterone level with abnormal hair growth, how can I get relief nd how Cn these symptoms can get reduce.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
Leucorrhea is a thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge, it is a natural defense mechanism to maintain chemical balance of vagina as well as to preserve the flexibility of the vaginal tissue, it is normal discharge but if the amount of discharge is increase with foul smell it is due to vaginal infection or sexual transmitted disease. In pregnancy or before menses leucorrhea is normal!
1- Maintain personal hygiene.
2- Take proper diet.
3- Wash your intimate area regularly.
4- If its caused by std or pid, then consult a doctor.
Hi my wife is 32 Week pregnant and feeling sometime little water discharge after using washroom she feel it 2 Times in a week. We are afraid is this serious or its normal please suggest. As per our consulting doctor its not serious as its our second baby. As per 10 Days back ultrasound baby is fine and baby weight is around 1500 Gram.
Sir, Me and my wife love to do anal sex and it she feels lot of pain as she is shouting more also ask me not to stop or do more is it dangerous for her and me.
As my periods were over today I have sex next day. We have done all sex outside so is there are chances of pregnancy.
Me apni gf ke sath sex kiya hu or me excited me hormone bahar nhe nikal paya or me 24 hours ke between usko unwanted 72 ka tablet diya or 2 din v ho gaya bt usko avi tak blooding nhe hua or uska period ka date 5 tarik ko tha or me uske sath 14 tarik ko sex kiya tha or 15 ko tablet diya hu.
Ragi has always been known as a highly nutritious foodgrain, rich in calcium. You might notice the power of ragi when you visit the maharashtrian countryside. Known colloquially as'nachni, a staple diet of these'naachni bhaakris' and'pitla' has been the main reason behind generations of lean yet robust kids.
Finger millet is the english equivalent of ragi. Also, predominantly, used in south india, it is also a rich source of protein, fiber, iron and other minerals.
It is more nutritious than other cereals and has a host of health benefits.
1. Weight loss
Ragi is very high on fiber. Hence, it digests slowly, keeping you full for a longer time and helps you avoid excessive food consumption. This helps you shed kilos and keeps you fit.
The high fiber in ragi helps to clear bowels smoothly everyday and prevents constipation.
Due to its slow digestion rate, ragi helps lower blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetics can enjoy ragi rotis/pancakes without the fear of affecting their sugar levels.
3. Bone strength
Ragi is very rich in calcium. It can be easily substituted for milk (in case of lactose intolerance) to get your daily calcium dose. You can also have ragi flour kanji as a great source of calcium. Ragi porridge can be given to growing children for bone development and to elders to avoid osteoporosis.
4. Gluten free
Ragi is free of gluten which is found in wheat and its products. Hence ragi can be easily taken by gluten sensitive people.
5. Cholesterol control
Highly fibrous, ragi helps control and lower bad cholesterol levels.
Ragi is also rich in iron and hence can be beneficial for people with anemia.
Ragi mixed with milk works wonders for infants. For the elder kids, naachni khakrashighlight the health-conscious man's snack section during tea breaks. There is a huge list of south indian dishes which feature several ragi permutations and combinations (eg. Ragi idlis, ragi dosas, ragi rasam, etc.)
All in all, in the company of ragi, you have no choice but to stay healthy!
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.