Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhika Baskar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika BaskarYour feedback matters!
My boyfriend and I were having what they call" intercourse" He had his boxers on and I had my panties on. I know I was wet and he is positive he ejaculated near my vagina. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? We did this on Feb. 16 (tuesday), and by than I was on my 7 day into my cycle. I would really like to know because we are both VERY stressed =(Are the odds better for not getting pregnant to those that I am? I mean can you give me a number ratio or something? I'm so worried! some sites say you can have a period and still be pregnant, is this true? Please help!
I m pregnant. My last m. P was 29sept. I want to knw my diet and when to start to have kesar with milk.
Was on novelon pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of the june pack took it along with the last at a time gap of 24 hrs. Took a 6 day break in which I had my withdrawal bleed. Then started with my new pack of july. Next day of the july pack we had intercourse which was protected but the same condom was used for three rounds in the intercourse. We then had protected intercourse on 14th of july. This time we were careful. Both the times condom did not break or had holes. But first time condom is used thrice. After that we never had sex. I never missed a pill on july until 21st of july which was doubled on 22nd of july. I had a breakthrough bleeding on 22nd july which was stopped as I took the pill. I then continue with the pill normal. My pill pack ended on 28th of july. And withdrawal bleed happened on 1st and continued upto 6th. It was a normal withdrawal bleed. Today I took a test after 1 month and five days and it was negative. But am gassy all the time and too stressed out. Am I safe?
Hello doctor. I have done pregnancy test today at home nd result was showing only one line on C.but doctor the color of line was blue. So the test result is positive or negative?
This obgyn question. I've had an copper iud inserted for emergency contraception 2 weeks ago. I had no bleeding or cramping afterward. A week after, I got moderate amounts of blood clots with no bleeding for 3 days. This has turned into light bleeding with blood clots. I have not had my normal period or th expected heavy one. My periods are always very heavy anyways. My period is now late one day. Is this normal after getting an iud? I was told I'd get my period on time. My fear is this is a miscarriage or something is wrong. Period at expected time.
My husband will see all the ladies with sex mind only, even my mother, my sister, all the ladies in front of him. I am afraiding to take my husband to any function. But I do not want to leave him. So, I need anti sex medicine. He want to lose his sex feeling permanently. PLease tell me.
Natural Supplements for a Healthy Penis
When it comes to maintaining a healthy penis, as well as overall health, the prostate gland plays an enormous role. In fact, prostate health is directly tied to a whole host of penis issues, such as erectile dysfunction, penis pain and other problems, as well as the dreaded prostate cancer. That's why excellent penis care isn't just about the penis itself, but about other parts of a man's reproductive system as well, including the prostate.
Scientists have looked for numerous options that might help men avoid or overcome prostate cancer. The good news is that there are certainly some medications that work, as well as some natural remedies. These natural supplements are known to help improve outcomes for men with prostate cancer, and they are great for those who simply want to protect against it as well.
1) White Button Mushroom Extract. White button mushrooms are very common, and it turns out they are a powerhouse of healing for prostate cells. Studies have shown that the extract slows the growth of cancer cells, as well as decreases tumor size in men who already have prostate cancer.
2) Sang Huang Mushroom Extract. A not-so-common mushroom, the extract has proven to be quite powerful indeed. When injected into mice, scientists found that the extract reduced the rate of cancer growth and diminished the size of the existing tumors.
3) African Plum Tree Bark Extract. Sometimes a man will have an enlarged or inflamed prostate well before he has any problems with prostate cancer. This extract does a great job of reducing that enlargement. In addition, mice that were fed a compound that included this extract had a much-reduced incidence of prostate cancer compared to those who didn't receive the extract.
Of course, there are many other things a man can do to help ensure the most healthy penis possible. Lifestyle choices play a huge role. A guy should pursue an active sex life to help ensure that he keeps his prostate in tip-top shape, but when he is pursuing that with a partner, he should take care to use proper protections. He should also look to his overall health, such as avoiding habits like drinking, smoking and eating unhealthy foods, as each of these could contribute to the incidence of prostate cancer in their own way.
A man should also make sure to get medical checkups every year, including prostate exams when he is of an age that requires them. Though a prostate exam might seem uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is really the only way to spot problems well before they become serious issues - and as most men know, prostate cancer has a number of very effective treatments as long as it is caught early. Prostate exams allow that to happen.
Finally, a man can turn to other types of supplements to keep his body, overall health and penis health in good shape. If he isn't getting enough vitamins and nutrients from his diet, he can look to supplements to help support nutritional health. He can also turn to supplements to aid with other health issues, such as vitamin C when fighting a cold or fish oil for joint aches.
When it comes to penis health, a guy can turn to topical supplements found in a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). He should look for only all-natural ingredients, such as Shea butter, vitamin E, amino acids, and other nutrients for better health, such as vitamins D, C and B5. These important ingredients can help keep the penis skin healthy.
I missed my periods 11 days before. I had done a home pregnancy test and its result is positive. Now how long should I not have sexual contact with my husband. My husband insist me to have sex, but I don't allow as i'm afraid it would effect my pregnancy. Please advise.
Sweet's syndrome is when you suffer from fever as well as painful skin lesions. These skin lesions usually appear on your head, arms and neck. The cause of Sweet's syndrome is still not known. However, it is known that certain medications, illnesses and infections are a possible trigger for Sweet's syndrome. Sweet's syndrome is such a condition that the symptoms usually go away in a few days but it may come back later on. To know exactly what causes Sweet's syndrome and what the symptoms of it are, read on.
Causes and Risk Factors:
As mentioned earlier, the exact cause of Sweet's syndrome is not known. However, there are certain factors which put you more at risk of getting it than others. Here they are:
- Gender: It has been proven that women are much more likely to get Sweet's syndrome than men.
- Age: The young and the elderly are at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome. However, if you are in between 30 and 60 years of age you are especially at risk.
- Illnesses: If you have an upper respiratory infection or inflammatory bowel disease then you are more likely to get Sweet's syndrome compared to others. Flu-like symptoms also put you more at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome compared to others.
- Pregnancy: It has been seen that pregnancy increases your risk of getting Sweet's syndrome.
- Drugs: As mentioned earlier, certain antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as well as azathioprine are all linked to Sweet's syndrome.
- Small Red Bumps: As mentioned earlier, the main symptom of Sweet's syndrome is that you will develop small red bumps on your neck, arms or head. The size of the bumps tend to increase quickly and then they spread into painful clusters.
- Fever: A fever is also very symptomatic of Sweet's syndrome. The small red bumps usually appear abruptly after you get a fever.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: The small red bumps also appear abruptly after you have got an upper respiratory Infection.
It should be noted that Sweet's syndrome is often associated with cancer and has commonly been linked to leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.