Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika BaskarYour feedback matters!
Every woman has a unique system, especially when it comes to matters like menstrual cycles and pregnancy. There are some women who go through normal bleeding while for others, it may be less than ideal. Also, there are women who may experience a condition known as Menorrhagia which is characterised by excessively heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles. Cramping and bleeding for longer than a week are the most common symptoms of this condition. Here are ways to treat this condition.
- Basis of Treatment: The main cause will dictate the basis of treatment for this condition. Your overall medical history and state of health will be taken into account along with the future of your childbearing plans. The gynaecologist will also study the effect of this condition on your lifestyle and examine your tolerance towards certain supplements and medicines.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe iron supplements in case of anaemia due to the condition. Further, non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen may be prescribed too. Oral contraceptives and progesterone are also helpful in such cases while Tranexamic acid can reduce the excessive blood loss. The doctor may also insert an intrauterine device to release levonorgestrel to make the uterine lining thin.
- Dilation and Curettage: The doctor will dilate or open up your cervix in this procedure to suction away tissue from the uterine lining. One may need additional sessions if the condition recurs.
- Focused Ultrasound Ablation: This procedure aims at treating the excessive bleeding by shrinking the fibroids that may be causing the same. This is also similar to a procedure known as uterine artery embolisation which blocks the uterine arteries in order to shrink these fibroids.
- Myomectomy: In this procedure, the doctor will surgically extract those fibroids which are causing the excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles. The procedure is conducted either through laparoscopy or incisions in the vagina and cervix, depending on the size, location and number of fibroids.
- Endometrial Ablation: Using this procedure, the doctor will permanently do away with the lining of the uterus, which is also known as the endometrium. This will be done by inserting an electrosurgical wire loop to remove the lining. Pregnancy is usually not recommended after this surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that is recommended for very severe cases. In this procedure, the doctor will surgically remove the uterus as well as the cervix. This is a permanent procedure that will put an end to the menstrual periods altogether. The procedure will be conducted by administering anaesthesia first, and will require hospitalisation as well. The doctor may also remove the ovaries of the patient with this procedure for premature menopause. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Is there any side effects by using primolut tablet in. Future ? Just I want to take that tablet only once because one occasion is there that's y I want to postpone my periods date By using one or 2 times is there any side effects? Pls. Help.me and tell. Me how to use that tab and how many tabs I should take per day? Thank you in advance.
We have done first abortion on October 30 and after that heavy period started and ends 10 November. After that 28 Nov we had sex with protection and December 12 she got normal periods. But after that she didn't got period till now. Is she pregnant or due to medicine this occurs?
M 20 yrs. I had sex with my bf on 26 April. That is on my 4th day of period. My periods are on 22. I checked 3 times from prega news it came negative. Today is 4th June. Still no periods. please help me as soon as possible.
I am suffering from chickenpox. Today I got my period and its very very low. I had a unsecured intercourse. Am I pregnant? Or its normal to get get very low period as usually I used to have heavy periods. Kindly guide.
Me and my girlfriend had intercourse 2 days ago. 1 day before intercourse she was suffering from vomiting. Whatever food she was eating she has vomited. After intercourse I gave her a unwanted 72 i-pill. She has even vomited 3 hours after taking i- pill. Now my concern is that the i- pill worked or not.
Safe periods do exist or not. For unprotected sex? And any natural way to avoid pregnancy before and after intercourse.
My wife got pregnant. But we don't want a child now. Its the first month of her pregnancy. What I have to do to prevent it? Is will fall in danger ? Please reply. She is not much strong physically.
Dear Doctor, Me and my wife had intercourse using condoms as contraception on 24th November. Her expected period date was on 26 november. Her period have not arrived yet. We had tested an home pregnancy test today (1-12-16) and the result was negative. So what could be the possible reason behind this?
Had sex a few days back. I wore an inside out condom and after ejaculation realized that it was inside out. However the condom did not break. What are the chances of pregnancy.
I am facing periods problem. Each month 5-6 days its perponing. I m facing this problem from last 6 months. Kindly guide for solution.
Today we are going to tell you all about Zika virus (ZIKV) and Ebola Viruses in this article, firstly we will learn about Zika Virus which is mosquito-brone flavi-virus which was first identified after monitoring yellow fever in a monkey.
Zika Virus is mainly related to Dengue fever virus West Nile virus. Zika belongs to the virus family falviviridae and fenus flavivirus. Its named after Uganda’s Zika Forest. The dis-ease caused because of Zika virus is called as Zika fever.
Later same symptoms were found in humans as well. Zika virus disease has been recorded to be found in Americans and Asians. Its mainly found in Asians and Africans accompanied by mild illness.
Learn about Gallstones Treatment – Save your Gall Bladder Naturally
Lets learn about Sings and Symptoms of Zika Virus Disease – The time period for disease is not clear, but we can know the signs and symptoms of it. Zika Virus’s main symptoms are similar to other infections conditions as viral fever, swine flu, headache, body pain, back pain, skin problems or dengue etc.
– Skin Rashes
– Red Eyes
Symptoms are mild and usually last for 2-8 days.
How Zika Virus Prevention’s from Zika Virus, Now we should also learn about some precautions and prevention methods from Zika virus disease. Also we should know how Zika transmit into our body.
Firstly we should note that there is no vaccine exists to prevent Zika Virus diseases.
One should avoid mosquito bites, Zika Virus mosquitoes bite in day and night also. Same mosquitoes also spread dengue and chikungunia.
Zika viruses can be passed through sex, thus infection person can pass zika virus to their partners during sex. Condoms can reduce the changes of passing Zika virus during sex.
It can be passed from a already infected pregnant woman to her fetus and it could cause some severe fetal brain defects. The infection can happen during pregnancy or around the time of the birth.
Blood transfusion is also a big cause of Zika viruses diseases, before blood transfusion is done one should be tested for Zika Virus. Around 2.8% Blood donors in a study were found positive for Zika Viruses.
The suggestions for people travelling where, Zika viruses are found.
– Travelers should use enhanced precautions and should be more careful as there are more possibilities of getting bitten by mosquitoes.
– People should avoid travelling to places infected by Zika Virus, or where Zika Viruses live.
– Specially pregnant ladies should not travel to such places, as the infected mother can spread the virus to their fetuses. Thereafter newborn baby is more likely to have microcephaly.
The places where Zika Virus live, people are more likely to have birth defects and neurological problems. so one should avoid travelling or take precautions before visiting.
When should we get treated and tested.
Zika Viruses remain in blood of an infected person for about a week or more,
if you have any of the above mentioned symptoms in this article visit our Clinic and we will help you get rid of Zika Virus effects.
Treatment should be done at earliest if you have any of these symptoms specially if you are pregnant.
Some tests as blood, urine, saliva or semen could be performed to find out Zika Virus, as it is very much similar to dengue or chikungunya.
Got pregnant before 5 months doctor did dnc as there is no hear beat for baby no 5 months over in this 5 months two times I did follicular study egg ruptured but no pregnant now I am trying for baby my periods date is 20th june got ovulated on 6th july my stomach is full taking ovasheld tablet please advice.
We had sex on 27th night without any protection. What home remedies should we take to avoid pregnancy. Pill has been taken on 30th night on 10: 15pm.
For most people, the natural progression of life includes meeting a suitable partner, getting married and having children. However, for some people, this last part can be tricky. The inability to conceive children after having well timed, unprotected intercourse for a year is known as infertility. Infertility is not a disease, but can be managed in a number of ways, including hormonal treatment, in vitro fertilization, surgery and homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root of the problem and hence is a viable form of treatment for this condition. It treats the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of a person. Homoeopathy treats infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation cycles
- Balancing hormones
- Increasing sperm count
- Reducing stress
- Dealing with anxiety and depression
- Reducing negative thoughts and emotions
The key to treating infertility is to determine the cause of this condition. To this effect you and your partner may need to be tested for hormonal problems, the condition of your fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids and sperm density. The results of these tests and your constitution will determine the best form of homeopathic treatment for you. Some homeopathic remedies used to treat infertility are:
- Sepia: This homeopathic remedy is useful in cases where the woman has a tendency to miscarry the fetus. It can also be used to treat a prolapsed uterus and vagina and to regulate ovulation. It can also be prescribed to enhance a man’s libido.
- Sabina: Women suffering from recurrent miscarriages may be treated with Sabina especially in cases where the miscarriage occurs in the third month of pregnancy. It is also prescribed in cases where periods are profuse and bright red in colour, and for women who suffer from inflammation of the ovaries and uterus after an abortion.
- Aurum: Infertility triggered by depression, and negativity can be treated with this homeopathic medicine. It is also beneficial in cases where an increased blood pressure is responsible for infertility. Additionally, it can help treat an enlarged or prolapsed uterus and painful swelling of the testicles.
- Phosphorus: If uterine polyps are the root cause of your infertility, phosphorus biochemic supplements can be beneficial. This supplement is also used in cases where anxiety and stress cause infertility.
These homeopathic remedies can be used on their own or in combination with other medicines. When it comes to homoeopathy, there is no one-size-fits-all remedy. Although it has negligible side effects, you should not self medicate to treat infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.