Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhi Malar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Radhi MalarYour feedback matters!
I work 6-7 hours on computer as a result my eyes has a clear view problem. How I can be relieved with this.
Feeling tiredness every time, itchy eyes, sweats at night, feeling cold in night, sting during bathroom, continuous from five months. Same problem with my partner.
I don't exactly remember when I get caught by this problem. I'm feeling like I'm losing my memory very soon and can't memorize a instance or event or name or number immediately I see. I feel nervous and lack of confidence all the time due to my bodily reflexes. It shivers while I stand in front of a crowd or in front of my manager and when I take a glass full of water. I always live with anxiety and with trembling hands and head. My memory fades while I'm getting into something. I can't sustain myself in cold whether as well as in little hot I sweat like a pig. My eyesight is getting weaker year by year. I have gastric disorders like indigestion and gastritis, sexual disorder like quick ejaculation. I feel like I'm always disturbed. Please help me.
I am neha shukla female age 21 years old. I have problem in my eyes. I have been using spectacles since 12 years n by using it my eye sight is getting weak day by day. So after having talk wid my doctor he said to use lenses so that my no wil stay stable. Bt by using lenses too my no is increasing. I wanted to go for LASIK too. Can you guide me what to do?
Refractive surgery is the term used in describing various surgical procedures to correct vision problems like near-sightedness, far-sightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism. This surgery can be performed in order to reduce the dependence on prescription lenses. There are a few kinds of refractive surgeries that can be performed among which LASIK surgery is the most common. Other types of refractive surgeries include intraocular lens procedures, which maybe more beneficial according to the needs of the individuals.
In this surgical procedure, near-sightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism can be corrected by laser. A microkeratome blade or a femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The corneal tissue underneath the flaps is then removed using excimer laser. After this, the flaps are laid back in place, thereby covering the removed corneal tissue. In case of near-sighted people, LASIK is used in order to flatten the cornea, which is too steep and in case of farsighted individuals, steep cornea is required. Also by smoothing irregular cornea, astigmatism can be corrected.
In order to consider LASIK eye surgery, one should first evaluate if the LASIK surgeon is right for them or not. After this, the procedure includes an examination of eye health, the kind of vision correction required, and the amount of corneal tissue removal required. Determination of other health factors that may cause disqualification of LASIK surgery is also necessary or there may be hazardous circumstances.
Other laser surgeries
It may so happen that an individual might not be qualified for LASIK. However, they might qualify for other laser eye surgeries like photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), LASEK and Epi-LASIK.
Individuals can also opt for surgeries that are non-laser for correction of their vision. An individual’s eye-structure and prescription are considered in order to determine what procedure would suit them best.
Common facts about LASIK
- It is a procedure which is outpatient, which means that individuals do not have to stay overnight at the surgery centre.
- This surgery usually requires less than 10 minutes and does not require anaesthesia. So individuals are generally awake during the surgery. In case of cornea reshaping, each eye requires about one minute.
- This surgery does not require time to heal. The healing process starts almost immediately after the procedure is completed. However, individuals may experience blurred vision and fluctuations in vision for a few weeks.
- It is important that individuals schedule regular follow-ups after the surgery. Vision usually becomes stable and entirely clear within a period of six months. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am getting one sided headache (right side) what might be the reasons and please suggest me remedies. Even the eye right side is paining.
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
- Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
- Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK has many benefits, including:
- It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used.
- Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
- After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
What Happens During LASIK Eye Surgery?
During LASIK eye surgery, an instrument called a microkeratome or femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The cornea flap is then painlessly peeled back and the underlying corneal tissue is reshaped using another laser. After the cornea is reshaped so that it can properly focus light onto the retina, the cornea flap is put back in place and the surgery is complete.
LASIK is performed while the patient is under local anesthesia in the form of eye drops and usually takes about 10 minutes to complete. Patients may also request mild sedation. Plan to have someone drive you home after surgery.
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision. Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.