Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Radhi MalarYour feedback matters!
I'm currently under Anti - Tuberculosis allopathic medication for the past three months. Lately I've got a problem of eyesight. There seems bubble-like matter and dark spots moving in front of my eyes. I even feel a haziness and dizziness leading to a sort of vertigo due to this. I think this has been due to the side-effects of my anti- tuberculosis medicines. Is there a serious risk to my eyesight? What should I do? Can you please suggest any suitable health tip for my eyes?
I am 43 year old, having eye problem, close distance I couldn't read properly, how I can do? did you have medicine, too see close letter reading properly.
I Am 24 year person and I am charm. My problem is that my right eye is slightly red twice a day I was afraid of the condition.
I am 58 years old, frequently getting tired and also eyes are blurring and have Burning system in my booth feet, please let me know the problem.
I have red eyes for 3 days what should I do to reduce them instantly they even make burning sensation.
Dear sir/mam. I'm 25 years old male. During my office hours i'm prone to work on my laptop/desktop continuously for hours. Kindly suggest me some tips to keep my eyes healthy. Thank you!
My eyes water when I read books? I am a long time reader. Dey usually don't but now all if sudden they have started to water? What should I do?
Eye problem pain in eye this is very serious problems please make solution in medicine and solve my problem this is very critical problems please make solution only massage.
I have bells palsy on my right side of the face before 4 years. But after 2 years since now my left side also very painful. Can I take homeopathy treatment? Because in allopathic no cure. And also my left eye have ptosis. For this which treatment is best?
My mother ( Age: 66) was suffering from MOTIABIND ( Cataract). She was operated with laser & a lens was fitted to her eye, But even after operation she could not see clearly & when she uses glass she can find some improvement. I discussed the matter with my friends & relatives & all of them said that after operation she should see clearly. Now the doctor who has operated says that there is some problem in her retina. Please suggest what can be done to improve my mother's vision.
I have issues with my specs. My power is left eye:-2.50 cyl 180 degree and Right eye: - 2.75 spherical . Now the problem is with my right eye power. I feel that my power has increased to - 3 because I have blurred vision with my right eye. I tried switching to - 3 on my right eye but my eyes started having squints. So I changed it back to - 2.75. Please suggest what can be done on this.
I had my exams last week and due to which I was not able to get good sleep I could hardly manage to sleep 3-4 hours and now my eyes are irritated and pains what to do?
My age is 20 my eyes have become red frm last 3 days it is increasing day by day what should I do? Please help.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.