Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radha ShakuntalaYour feedback matters!
I am 65 kg, height 5'3" and I want to start diet so what should I take please give me full diet plan.
Am 5months pregnant feeling numbness. By normal sit also in legs and hands. And am feeling lot of heat in stomach. please refer me healthy diet.
I had sex on 5th Aug. And ee used protection at that time. My period date is 12th Aug. And still my periods not coming today is18th aug. Is there is any chance of pregnancy?
After intercourse all male sperm come out from vagina is it normal or something wrong in order to get pregnancy.
A little buzzed after a drink or two, but in the mood to work out? We would advise you against it. Alcohol lingers in the blood stream for a while after you have had it, so it would be best to avoid working out. Read this article to know what happens to your body when you exercise after drinking.
- Diuretic Effect: Alcohol is actually a diuretic that increases the urge to urinate which hinders your pace and motion while you are working out. This totally defeats the purpose of a workout and makes you visit the washroom more often than you would like to. This makes the body lose precious electrolytes too, which can leave you drained of your energy. This can also be a potentially fatal situation in case you become dehydrated.
- Coordination: It is a well-known fact that alcohol lingers in the blood stream for up to twenty four hours, even after a good night's sleep. So ensure that you do not work out after having a drink or two because it can leave you fuzzy headed and a little low in the coordination department. We all know that one of the side effects of having alcohol includes being a little bleary eyed and even uncoordinated. This can lead to injuries in case you are handling heavy equipment in the gym.
- Muscle Recovery: The point of working out is to induce good blood circulation so that there is plenty of motion with coordination and good muscle recovery with the repetitive movements. Alcohol hinders all that because it decreases the blood flow and makes for less muscle recovery which can actually lead to injuries and a heavy feeling in the muscles and joints of the body due to the extra effort it takes in order to complete the movement or set.
- Heat Related Illnesses: Dehydration is one of the common side effects of alcohol, and when coupled with sweat and heat emanating from the body, it can lead to a heat stroke and other heat related illnesses which can prove to be fatal.
- Heart Rate: Alcohol consumption the night before a sports performance or right before a work out can actually affect how the heart responds to warm up exercises and the actual work out.
- Metabolism: Alcohol slows down the metabolism which interferes with the process of energy production in the body. This leads to less energy during your work out which can sap you out completely as the liver will not produce enough of glucose.
Make a good choice to avoid an uncoordinated and potentially hazardous work out by not drinking prior to a gym session.
Sir My wife is pregnant on 5 months progress & during medical test her ASTRILION ANTIGEN (HBS) is positive, so pls tell me what is this & which types effect & also tell how can remove it? Because I am very sad so pls tell me medicine.
If you thought that taking care of yourself and your body becomes a priority only when you are pregnant, then you cannot be more mistaken. Any good doctor will reveal that the state of your health and body before your pregnancy and conception will have a direct bearing on the quality of your pregnancy, delivery and post partum period. So let us find out more about pre pregnancy or pre conception care.
- Visiting a medical practitioner: When you decide to have a baby and before you start trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to visit your doctor or a medical practitioner who will help you in detecting any ailments or conditions that you may not be aware of. You must also carry out this visit in case you are already suffering from any long term ailments like diabetes, kidney disease, lupus, HIV, AIDS or even cardiovascular diseases. This can help in finding out how healthy your baby will be and whether or not you can go through the pregnancy in as normal a way as possible. Also, if you are over the age of 35 years, you will need to find out if all is well with tests for STDs as well as a Pap Smear Test.
- Family history: It would also be a good idea to be armed with knowledge of any genetic history of ailments and other conditions so as to find out the risk of conceiving a baby who will be born with the same kind of defects or conditions.
- Food intake: You will need to check your food intake before you conceive as this can have a large bearing on your pregnancy. Ensure that you have a balanced diet with proteins and carbohydrates as well as all the vitamins and minerals in plenty. This will help in ensuring that your weight and immunity system are both in stellar condition when you conceive, as both will go down to some extent once you conceive. So if they are already in a good condition, you will fortified in a good way.
- Supplements: One must try and get all the vitamins and minerals from natural substances like fruit and vegetables to a great extent. Yet, if you have had a history of ailments and infections, then you may want to get a prescription for vitamin supplements so that your body is in a better place to go through a normal pregnancy.
- Lifestyle changes: One will have to stay away from smoking and excessive alcohol abuse before getting pregnant. Also, you will need to ensure that you exercise regularly for good strength, stamina and pelvic strength.
Getting fit before you get pregnant should be a priority for a smooth sailing pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi my girlfriend took I pill after 7 hours we had unprotected sex she had her periods after 8 day but only for 2 days with very minimal bleeding and stomachache is there a chance of pregnancy please help.
Hello am 4.5 months pregnant, and I do not want to get baby, please help me to abort with pills. Please do not say that I need to continue and I do not want to continue. Please help me out, I have been asking this question from two weeks none of them answered me. I hope you would help me. Would be waiting.
I'm married one year back sir but we don't have child. Please tell me the solution doctor and we are not. Doing sex properly it Mints monthly once we are doing so please tell the solution.
She is 42 years old. She has mechanical MVR surgery in 2006. 12 days ago she had left MCA stroke. ICA, MCA Blocked. Now she is completely fine. What she should INR kept?
Hello doctor its about my wife. We are newly married. Just 2 months have passed of our marriage. During sex my suffers from a lott of pain and she can not handle that pain. Why is it happening please advice what should we do! Marital status: Married Are you sexually active? Somewhat Timing during intercourse/ masturbation: 1-5 minutes Any other symptoms/ issues: due to her pain. Sometimes I also ejaculate early!
After Marriage, before Missing Period getting pain similar to period and also pain in Nipple for first time whether this is a Symptom for Pregnancy or not?
Facing trouble conceiving? 3 Reasons you should consider IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child. IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!