Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radha ShakuntalaYour feedback matters!
Hi, i am 21 years old. i am not having my periods from 5 months but m not pregnant. Two years ago I had overian cysts. But medicine lene ke bad thik ho gya tha. Fir thode dino bad se periods irregular ho gya. Aur ish bar 5 months se nahi hua hai. What shall I do now?
My height 4.6, I am pregnant 5th month, all my reports are good, many members said that there is no possibility of free delivery as you are too short, is it is correct.
I am 23 years old and I have discovered 2 big lumps on my shoulder. What should I do now. Is it very serious?
I am thirteen weeks pregnant now. I am suffering with diabetes. Pre pregnancy diabetes. I am taking insulin actrapid 30 units three times before d meals and glycomet500 mg after breakfast and dinner. Still my sugars are not under complete control. I am following diet also. Can you suggest the ways to control sugar levels? Will diabetes cause any harm to my baby. Tell me about complications. FBS between 83 to 98 Pp between 90 to 170. It is raising and coming down. Why?is there any danger to both of us. Thank you.
Hi I have miss my period last period on 22 March I have tested on pregnancy kit it showing positive. I don't won't it please suggest as soon as possible.
I have facing the problem that I don't have a baby and my wife has done operation before marriage with me and we went to the shatabdi hospital and doctor said tubelitaion opened now but that is not true and we went to some other doctor they said you have to do the HSG and we done that and in that report its not opened what should we do? Some said us about test tube baby and what is it?
Dear Doctor My wife was pregnant from last 13 weeks and 4 days with crl 7.4 cm with increased NT 2.9 mm So please give me suggestion.
At hole 9 month pregnancy What should she avoid or whats necessary to normal delivery? And how to understand, birth labour pain?
I want to know about advantage and disadvantage of garlic and onion .one female patient,(30 y) thyroid gland operation (now she has no gland. Eltroxin 150 was running 1 year but it is now stop for radio iodine ablation after one month. Now totally stop iodine food. So I want to know any problem if she take garlic and onion.
I got married on june 6th. I have Pcod civior issue. It came to know after checked with doctor. Can I get the solution for that? Can pcod solve under any medicine immediately?
I am 39 Year old Female, Married for 7 years having no children and 3 IVF attempts with done eggs. I have been diagnosed with Pre-menopause. My question is, is it necessary to take medicine and have a regular period? If I am opting for HRT treatment, am I missing a chance to conceive? I have heard that couples get conceived after 10-12 years. So is there a possibility of getting fertile eggs without taking any medicine or having regular period? Kindly advice. Thank you in anticipation.
Dear sir I want to make physical relation with my wife but she is nothing special for it. Kindly tell me the any sex medicine name which I give her and then her heart will some special for it.
Can intercourse during pregnancy is allowable? please let me clarify ;wife is 4 month pregnant. please let me know, Thanking you.
I have pcos problem. Does it cure by taking pills for an year? or else can I go for homeopathic medicine for permanent solution.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.