Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radha Shakuntala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radha ShakuntalaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Been seven months getting married. Me n my husband trying to conceive for the past three months but got no positive result. Is there something that we are lacking we are so depressed . Wat do we do personally consult a doctor or please help.
Hello, how can one make their partner pregnant if he is using condom during sex to avoid STD? Please advise
My wife is now 31st week pregnant 23 years old, her hemoglobin level is 9.3 ,dr previously give Lupiheme twice a daily now it changed to RicherCR twice a daily and advised to give two rabipur injection with NS as IV .should give injection of two Revofer? Or the hemoglobin is increased with tablets but earlier days hemoglobin was not increased with tablets? Is it safe to give REVOFER INJ. In pregnancy? Baby is now 1.6 kg, is its growth ok? Please advised us.
Hlo sir and mam. My sister is conceive 2nd time after 2 year of first baby (multigravida) Last tm her pregnancy history is caesarian section and girl baby delivered at 10 month (postmaturity), no history of uterine contractions or labour pain. But baby is healthy, no any abnormality. Nd dis tm Dr. said baby not deliver with NVD coz of umbilical cord around the neck of baby. Expected date of delivery is 18 august. Why in dis condition baby delivered with normal vaginal delivery? ANd please tl m dis condition effect on baby health or not?Please tell.
I am not getting my period regular Some times stomach pain happen and irritation. So please tell me what should I do. And even sometimes I get chest pain also very badly. Sometimes 1 month or sometimes 2 months period skip. Please help me a good suggestion or what kind of medicine shall I take.
My girlfriend had her last mc on 15th july onwards. On 23rd we engaged into foreplay where I rubbed my NAKED genital against hers. But she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. Today is 15th august and she still has not got her periods. We are extremely tensed. What could be the reason of not going the periods?
It is a common belief that newer memories are retained and older memories are lost gradually over time. However, when someone tends to forget things in a particular pattern, it is important to take note of it.
Dissociative amnesia is a condition when a person cannot recall important personal information from a specific period of his/her life. This is usually associated with a bad memory, including war or abuse, and the person wants to “dissociate” himself/herself from that particular episode, and so tends to forget events from that phase of life. The impact could affect their awareness, identity, perception, and memory. There could be adverse effects on work life, social life, and even relationships.
Causes: It is usually seen in people who have had traumatic experiences, such as war, sexual abuse, natural disasters, severe road accidents, etc. Given the severe effect on the patients’ emotional well-being, this part of their life is dissociated and so events associated with that event are forgotten.
Symptoms: The affected person usually has sudden memory loss with inability to recall specific events from a certain period. On further probing, there could be associated symptoms like depression and anxiety. The amnesia could be localised, selective, or generalised.
- Localised amnesia: This is very closely linked to stress or trauma associated with a specific event in life, which has had an unpleasant effect on the person. For instance, the person cannot recall the year or month of a war or natural disaster. Memory loss around the period happens long after the actual event during routine conversations.
- Selective amnesia: The person forgets not the entire event, but only specific incidents related to the event. It is likely that the portion which was most impactful emotionally is forgotten.
- Generalised amnesia: Strangely, some people just forget the complete life history, including identity, location, close family and friends, routine activities, etc. The onset is sudden and can leave the immediate family members impacted badly. They may even not recollect or remember close family people.
Treatment: In addition to relieving symptoms (if any), the treatment is aimed at helping the person get rid of the memory by mourning it, process the pain, develop life skills, and improve relationships. There is no one-size-fits-all treatment, and the various components include the following:
- Encourage communication and help them understand problems
- Cognitive therapy to change feelings and behaviour and thinking patterns
- Medications like antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs
- Family therapy where symptoms are taught, especially to identify an attack
- Creative therapy like art and music therapies to create happy memories
As a preventive measure, early intervention after a traumatic event or emotionally distressing experience (war, natural disaster, sexual abuse, etc.) can help prevent and manage symptoms of dissociative disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Resuming sex post pregnancy can take some time as the woman has to go through the initial phase of vaginal soreness and perpetual exhaustion before she can think of having sex. Whether a woman gives birth vaginally or through cesarian section, her body will require time to heal itself; and it is advisable to resume the intercourse only six weeks after childbirth.
Here are some of the common sex problems post-pregnancy:
1) An eager partner - Your partner might be ready for sexual intercourse but you are not. Even if it is six weeks after giving birth, when the wound inside has mostly healed and perhaps you're not sore anymore, you still may not want to have sex. This is because the hormones in your body are drastically changing, and the uterus is gradually shrinking and your episiotomy wound is progressively healing. In such situations, one should take it slow. Cuddling, kissing and spooning are some of the ways closeness can be fostered.
2) Delicate and tender breasts - Breasts may become sore, heavy and leaky due to nursing your baby. And it is natural after breastfeeding the whole day, one may wat them to be left alone at night. Wearing a nursing top or a tank top during sex is advised. Nursing your baby right before sex can also help as your breasts won't be as full and achy.
3) Sex won't feel the same - It is natural that after delivering a baby, sex won't feel exactly the same. This is because the vaginal muscles would be temporarily stretched out. And there is a chance of temporary soreness and inflammation within the vagina. Kegel exercises may help to get back on track.
So, in case you're a woman and felt strange about not being up for sex post your pregnancy, there's absolutely nothing to be stressed about. And men, if you are reading this tip, your woman needs you to understand her even more after her becoming a mother; so, treat her with utmost care. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
During sex what type of hormone produce in female. If I want to produce hormone in large amount during sex. what type of foods and fruits I want to eat and how to identify my hormone is coming outside during sex.
Psychiatry is not just a form of medicine to identify and treat the psychiatric illness, but it also helps in improving attention, cognition, memory and concentration. Psychiatry has its role in different fields and working in the field of memory improvement is quite interesting. Memory is basically the process through which a person stores information for days, months and years.
Human brain is a dynamic entity and has wonderful capacity to store information and recall it as and when required. However, our memory is affected by a number of reasons, such as aging, accidents, negligence and certain diseases, which involves our brain and nervous system. Further, the memory of an event will improve, based on the frequency at which it has been recalled.
Apart from the frequency of recall, psychiatry can also help a person to improve the capacity of brain and sharpen their memory to store incidents or events for a prolonged period of time.
How along with psychiatric therapy you can improve your memory:
- Improving your concentration while doing any work will naturally improve your memory. Doing things with concentration will help us in storing information for a longer period of time.
- Relieving your mind from stress or anxiety is also a great way to improve your memory as stress has the ability to hamper your memory.
- Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for a better memory. For increasing the memory power, psychiatrists insist on a diet which is anti inflammatory, rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A simple 20 minute exercise routine will not just help you to stay fit physically, but mentally as well.
- It also important to sleep properly, as sleep helps your mind and body to prepare for the next day. It is also advised to have a short nap in the afternoon to improve your brain functioning during the day time.
- Smoking and frequent consumption of caffeine also hampers your memory, thus, it is advised that one should quit smoking and reduce the consumption of caffeine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specialist
I am married for last 3 years and now planning to get a child but intimacy with my wife has reduced with time, please suggest something to get intimated regularly for a successful planning.
Hello doctors, I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins. And everyone is saying that by this time I must feel some movements. But I am not feeling any movement. Is there anything to worry. please guide.
This Sunday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He actually inserted it partially but when he was about to discharge, he pulled it out. I haven't taken any contraceptive pill because I think they have a lot of side effects. I am worried about getting pregnant. Can you please help?
Hi I got married. Since front five years I did not conceived. I have thyroid, pcod and I gt fibroid operation. And my husband count is less it's not 15 percent kindly give me suggestions to conceive and suggest me best fr conceiving pls pls pls.
Problem in my periods.What to do? sometimes it comes after 1months. sometimes after 2 months? what's d problem?
5 months ago she was attempt a suicide taking phenyl n some sleeping peels (. 25mg*10). In that time she was cured in there nearest nursing home. But now she first time vomit 3-4times with red and blackish blood. So what should we do now.
Hi My wife is pregnant. This is first time and may I know kitne din me sex karna chaiye or kya precautions rakhne chaiye.
Consuming ginger substitutes like ginger biscuits, ginger beer or ginger lollies helps in settling a queasy tummy during pregnancy.