Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Radha ShakuntalaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor i'm 25 years married women one year of married life we was not planning for baby until one year now we are trying for baby on april my period was on 4th in may it was on 14th after that we had unprotected sex I thought I will not have my period in june but my period was on 13th june so when its possible of becoming pregnant. Please help me.
I've a big swelling in vaginal area probably at clitoris part. Its itching and also I've pain and unable to walk, sit or sleep even. Im 28f and would need some advice badly. I can't go to a Dr. as it being a private area I'm shy and scared to go and meet directly. Hope this q is kept private. Waiting for a reply. Thanks.
Remedies for Staying Healthy in Summers
Have a quick look at some health tips for staying healthy during summers.
Include Tulsi Seeds - Use tulsi seeds in your drink. This has good cooling effects.
Yogurt - Yogurt and other low-fat dairy products will also help you remain cool and provide you with calcium and protein.
Hot and spicy food - You should avoid taking hot and spicy food items as far as possible as the fruits and vegetables have organic salt in them and they are sufficient for the body in summers.
Fried food - Cut the intake of fried and fast food items.
Hygiene - Try to maintain good hygiene level regarding your body, clothes as well as in your choices of food items too.
Yoga and Exercise - Limit your strenuous activities to early morning and late evening to avoid getting exhausted and worn out.
The above-mentioned tips for a healthy diet for summers will help you maintain a good health during the summer season. A little change in your everyday life will make you healthier and fit.
I'm a 21 year old and I am going to ibiza in about 2 weeks! I want to delay my period because it coincides with the day I leave. please let me know what medicine I should take and what dosage. I am not on any other pill or contraceptive! Thanks.
Hi, my periods where on 7th march, took ipill on 13th march and 24th march got withdrawal bleeding for 3days, now I am 8days late for my period. Took blood test negative I m really worried pls help me
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
Before 1st delivery I am having pcod problem. After delivery I am not getting periods from 9 months. We participate sex in only one time after delivery. I am delivered on 14 feb 2016. Pregnancy will come or not.
Hm last four mths se baby k lia try kr rhe h.pr me conceives nhi kr pa rhi hu. Mere periods regular h vse to date se do ya teen din pahle aate te pr do mths se date to date ta 18 of mth pr is mth 18 k jagh 20 april ko aaya pr vo b one to two drop blood. Kya ye pregnancy hoskta h ya fr mujhe kya karna chahiye pregnancy k lia. please suggest. I am 27 years old. please reply fast n suggest me.
I am suffering from PCOD. How can this be cured? I am having irregular periods and getting pain when I get my menses. I also have breast pain on the right side.
I am 18 years old female. I have rashes on my private areas (back). I used candid b cream but d rashes reappeared always how can I get rid of dis?
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!