Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radha Rajendran
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radha RajendranYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant of nearly 29 weeks, a recent test has shown that the level of alkaline phosphatase is very high in my body (range more than 500. What is the effect of it on my baby? Please suggest something.
I am 2 month pregnant and My TSH is 5.27 uIU/ml. This value is more than the given range. And I advised by doctor to take thyronorm tablet. Is it correct.
We are trying to conceive Second Baby LMP: 08/08/2017 Can I know the ovulation Period (Dates) What Is The Best Time Of Day To Have Sex What are the Tips to Improve the Sperm Counts Daily Work outs Daily Diet Can you give me best suggestions.
Hello Doctor; My wife, 30 year old suffer for PCOS disorder along with thyroid since last 3 years. Till date She was never administered any medication for Pcos. Her Menses are regular. But today when we visited a gynec, she suggested her "Myofetol-XL" I am not able to find any details of this medicine over the internet. I also had a a lot of problem in procuring this medicine as it was not available easily with the chemist. I am now wondering is this medicine safe and what it is for.
I am Dr. Shrish Dutt Mishra. I am a senior orthopedic surgeon, sports injury specialist. And I am attached with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi and also functioned from my center Southend Orthopaedic Centre for sports injury in Greater Kailash Part-2, New Delhi. So, today we are going to talk about sports injury. Again this part of the orthopedics is not elaborately understood and in terms of evaluation of the injury. The causes of injuries and the treatment of the injury. Not all sports injuries require a treatment and surgery. Most of the injuries are treated consecutively. They are treated starting from the first evaluation of the injury. Each sport has certain bio-mechanics. Like in football the anterior crucial ligament injury is very common. It is because that the dynamics of the sport, player and how the game goes about it. Similarly, in all the swing sport it is the shoulder, elbow, wrist injuries are very common. But the causes of these injuries are very very different.
Whenever you are treating sports injuries, the treatment of a professional sportsperson and a ledger sports person, club level sportsperson is very different. The causes, evaluation and the treatment are very different. To put it in very small terms, professionally these are the over injuries. The club level player, it is the poor conditioning and the poor technique which contribute to the injuries. So, I always said that the sports injuries are dynamic injuries. Unless you correct the dynamics, the injuries going to recur, eventually become a chronic recurrent injury and unable to the conservative treatment and the frustration of the player comes in. So, the first time the injury has to be handled where the doctor knows the dynamics of your sport.
What I mean the dynamics of sports is how you play that game. Every swing has certain mechanics attached. if those mechanics are not rightly followed, leads vague concentration of energy to a particular point. Like tennis elbow, shoulder pains, wrist pains, ligament injuries, these are very common injuries. I am personally myself sportsperson. I have played the majority of the sports. Right now I am a very low handicap golf player. So, when I handle golf injuries, it is entirely a different scenario. Fortunately, I am also attached with cricket. Right now I and my team are handling Afghanistan International Team. Where we take care of the evaluation of the players and prediction of the injuries. So, friends the bottom line in this short video is that whenever there is any pain following your sports or the pain happening during the sports or after the sports, you can obviously wait for 5-6 days, put an ice, put an anti-inflammatory gel and rest to the part. And if it becomes OK, that's Ok.
it can happen to anybody. What if your pain is persisting, if you are unable to play, please do not push yourself beyond a certain limit because that is where your injury gives it too much. Consult a sports injury specialist. He will help you with right evaluation and treatment of that injury. Point of this talk was to enlighten that remember all sports are associated with injury. There is nothing to be afraid of. Play any sport. Functionality is the prime thing of the life. So, play all the sports. Injuries do happen but if they are treated well, they are cured and you play a better sport.
Thank you very much.
A procedure done to remove a piece of tissue from your body so that it can be analyzed in a laboratory is termed as 'biopsy'.
A biopsy is done to determine whether you have cancer or some other condition. They help to differentiate cancerous cells from noncancerous cells.
It is performed by a surgeon, interventional radiologist, or an interventional cardiologist.
Types of biopsy procedures
- Bone Marrow biopsy.
- Bone marrow is the spongy material inside some of your larger bones where blood cells are produced.
- This biopsy is done if the doctor suspects cancer to have originated in or travelled to your bone marrow.
- Bone marrow biopsy is done to diagnose leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
- A bone marrow biopsy detects cancers that started elsewhere and traveled to the bone marrow.
- During endoscopy, your doctor uses a thin, flexible tube (endoscope) with a light on the end to see structures inside your body. It has a close-focusing telescope on the end for viewing.
- To analyze cells of a tissue, special tools are passed through the tube.
- Tubes are inserted through your mouth, rectum, urinary tract or a small incision in your skin.
- Examples: Cystoscopy to collect tissue from inside your bladder, bronchoscopy to get tissue from inside your lung and colonoscopy to collect tissue from inside your colon.
- During a needle biopsy, the doctor uses a special needle to extract cells from a suspicious area.
- A needle biopsy is often used on tumors that the doctor can feel through your skin, such as suspicious breast lumps and enlarged lymph nodes.
Needle biopsy procedures include:
- Fine-needle aspiration
- Core needle biopsy
- Vacuum-assisted biopsy
A skin (cutaneous) biopsy removes cells from the surface of your body. A skin biopsy is used to diagnose skin conditions, including melanoma and other cancers. The type of skin biopsy to be done depends on the type of cancer suspected.
Skin biopsy procedures include:
- Shave biopsy- The doctor uses a tool similar to a razor to scrape the surface of your skin.
- Punch biopsy- The doctor uses a circular tool to remove a small section of your skin's deeper layers.
- Incisional biopsy- The doctor uses a scalpel to remove a small area of skin.
- Excisional biopsy- The doctor removes an entire lump
You receive a local anesthetic to numb the biopsy site before the procedure.
Biopsy analysis and results
A biopsy guides the doctor to determine cancer's grade. The grade is sometimes expressed as a number on a scale of 1 to 4 and is determined by how cancer cells look under the microscope.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had my periods on 23 may nd had intercourse with my bf on 4 june without precaution but taken unwanted-72 on 5 june nd again had periods on 12 june nd now m nt having periods yet M I pregnant please reply m very much tensed.
Laughter is a type of response that occurs to you generally when you experience a funny or a pleasant situation. All the doctors also believe in the theory that laughter indeed is the best medicine. Laughing not only helps to cheer you up emotionally by boosting your mood, but also has complementary physical outcomes that are desirable. Here are some interesting and fascinating facts about laughter.
1. You are more likely to laugh around others - According to a medical research, it is a proven fact that laughter is generated by a person rather than a funny situation or a joke that you hear. It is the image of that person in your mind which is funny and everything he/she does or says seems to be funny for you. This is why you will probably laugh among a set of people rather than laughing all by yourself.
2. Fake laughter - A medical research conducted by Professor Scott has readily proven that the human brain has the ability to differentiate between a fake laughter and a real one. So, if you are in a group of people and somebody is trying to laugh forcibly and deliberately, then your brain is able to identify that person easily.
3. Laughter is contagious - As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
4. Burns calories - Laughter is a good source of a physical workout as well as it burns calories when you laugh out loud. Laughing for around 10 to 15 minutes a day burns about 10 to 40 calories.
5. Leads to healthier relationships - It is a proven fact that laughing together with any individual help to strengthen the emotional bond that you share with that person. People who laugh together usually are able to trust each other more and their relationship lasts for a longer period.
6. Mood and Energy booster - Laughter is an instant booster if you are emotionally wrecked or suffering from a bad mood. It helps to cheer you up and make you feel good and confident about yourself. Additionally, it also helps to boost the energy levels if you are low on energy.