Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rachula DanielYour feedback matters!
Irritation in my eyes n some strands like things of white colour. They cause irritation n redness of eyes.
I am 20 years old female. I am studying MBA. I will sit in first bench in my class. I can't see the ppt slide sometimes. It will look blur completely mostly when I don't have sufficient sleep. Is this my eye problem or due to sleep?
My location being Hyderabad as of now, being exams ahead next month so I usually stay inside but forget about getting out even if I make a single step in the balcony I start feeling pain behind my eyes spontaneously. Due to UV exposure and sunlight, what precautions and measures I can take to avoid this pain and just be healthy not bothering myself, apart from sun screen lotions.
My daughter is 4 years old. She has problem in her eyes .Her eyes got red frequently in 6-7 days.I consulted with eye specialist . He told me that she has some small hair in her eye brow due to which it used to get red.This problem is from last 1 years. Please suggest some diagnosis.
I have headache in forehead .My eyes number are 0.25 for left eye and 0.5 for right eye. Is the headache due to the number as my doctor said no need of wearing spectacles hence I do not use them.
Respected sir I am md danish raza from ara bihar. My nephew 7 year old. Before 1 week we observed that my nephew do not seen clearly from left eye. His eyes never been red or tearing. Then we contact to near eye specialist doctor. During checkup doctor using many glass lenses but no any glass improving his visibility. Many types of lenses use but doctor says no lenses fitting according to his eye. Doctor do not say which type of disease. So please sir tell me which type of disease .and what is treatment for it.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.